The W:AB Noob's modding factory!

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: The W:AB Noob's modding factory!

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 22 Jul 2014 06:23

Hm, for some reason, the game is crashing when i deploy these LAV's, and I can't figure out why. This might be more complicated than expected...
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Tue 22 Jul 2014 06:32

The W:AB Noob wrote:Hm, for some reason, the game is crashing when i deploy these LAV's, and I can't figure out why. This might be more complicated than expected...

I found it quite easy when I did it in v210. All I did was add the transporter module of the LVTP-7 to the LAV and then add the LAV as a transport option for Marines

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 22 Jul 2014 06:36

COMThing wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:Hm, for some reason, the game is crashing when i deploy these LAV's, and I can't figure out why. This might be more complicated than expected...

I found it quite easy when I did it in v210. All I did was add the transporter module of the LVTP-7 to the LAV and then add the LAV as a transport option for Marines

No, you have to also mod the TModernWarfareOrederableModule or something like that to let it load/unload. I noticed recently that there are only 15 instances of this, meaning that instead of modding the given instance of the LAV, I should take that of something else: in my case, the M2A2. That's all I did and the game crashes.

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Tue 22 Jul 2014 07:55

The W:AB Noob wrote:
COMThing wrote:

No, you have to also mod the TModernWarfareOrederableModule or something like that to let it load/unload. I noticed recently that there are only 15 instances of this, meaning that instead of modding the given instance of the LAV, I should take that of something else: in my case, the M2A2. That's all I did and the game crashes.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. basically the steps are

1 - Add the Transporter module from any amphibious transport to the main modules list
2 - Add the TransporterCompany module to the TUniteDescriptor modules list in the CompanyUnit module
3 - In the same TUniteDescriptor modules list, change the ModernWarfareOrderable module to that of any amphibious transport
4 - Add the LAV-25 to the TransportListAvailableForSpawn list in the Transportable module of whichever infantry unit you want

In your case, since you used a non-amphibious orderable on a unit with an amphibious movementhandler, that could be what is causing the crashes

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 22 Jul 2014 14:06

COMThing wrote:2 - Add the TransporterCompany module to the TUniteDescriptor modules list in the CompanyUnit module

Wait, I never heard of this one. This is probably the reason why it kept crashing. Thanks!

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 22 Jul 2014 15:01

Ok FregFlogger, the mod is done. The only changes - LAV FSV are now infantry transports for the Marines and Marines 90.
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae32 ... b3e73e.jpg

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRaea ... sp=sharing
Only for patch 366
Warning: save decks with LAV FSV before hand, do not use in multiplayer.

FregFlogger
Warrant Officer

Postby FregFlogger » Wed 23 Jul 2014 01:07

Thanks!

pdanders
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby pdanders » Thu 31 Jul 2014 22:58

How about cutting fuel consumption in half for all units? Is there a way to mod fuel consumption or would we have to mod autonomy for every unit?

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Sat 2 Aug 2014 04:13

pdanders wrote:How about cutting fuel consumption in half for all units? Is there a way to mod fuel consumption or would we have to mod autonomy for every unit?

You would have to mod it for every unit unfortunately. There isn't a moddable value referring to global fuel consumption. The easiest way to get around this is to double movement duration for every unit and then change the unit of measurement to seconds.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 3 Aug 2014 16:39

COMThing wrote:
pdanders wrote:How about cutting fuel consumption in half for all units? Is there a way to mod fuel consumption or would we have to mod autonomy for every unit?

You would have to mod it for every unit unfortunately. There isn't a moddable value referring to global fuel consumption. The easiest way to get around this is to double movement duration for every unit and then change the unit of measurement to seconds.

Actually, chances are that there are about 60 instances of fuel, not one for every single unit (i'm not looking at the files right now though, so i don;t know for sure), but it is still a lot of work. It would actually be easier to give every unit the same fuel consumption, say for instance: near-infinite fuel