US and USSR unit list + instance number

GENERAL YURI
First Sergeant

US and USSR unit list + instance number

Postby GENERAL YURI » Thu 3 Apr 2014 11:43

Nothing to see here.
Last edited by GENERAL YURI on Fri 1 Aug 2014 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

RaduM
Warrant Officer

Re: US and USSR unit list + instance number

Postby RaduM » Thu 3 Apr 2014 12:41

You can place a filter on "MotherCountry" (button on the upper right corner, make sure you get the newest version of Enokha's Mod Tool) and thus be "guaranteed" to catch all units.
REALISM 1980 Mod - OUT NOW - Want some Authentic Gameplay to go with that Authentic Armory ?

GENERAL YURI
First Sergeant

Postby GENERAL YURI » Thu 3 Apr 2014 14:34

RaduM wrote:You can place a filter on "MotherCountry" (button on the upper right corner, make sure you get the newest version of Enokha's Mod Tool) and thus be "guaranteed" to catch all units.

Thanks for that tip, gonna fix the lists later.

Tomcraft
Private First-Class

Postby Tomcraft » Thu 3 Apr 2014 15:27

woah :o

many thanks for the unit list!
this helps me A LOT !

good work! :!:

Randomletters
First Sergeant

Postby Randomletters » Thu 3 Apr 2014 17:46

If you're looking for a specific ground unit you can search the AliasName, none of the air units has one though.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 3 Apr 2014 17:49

Well, for those who hadn't seen it yet, this is the order of units in the TUnite. Unfortunately, Eugen decided to make every new infantry unit by country. Therefore, all the South and North Korean, Japanese, Anazacian (I know that's not a word :D ), and Chinese infantry units are not alphabetical. All the new infantry units of old countries are also not in alphabetical order and they all have an abbreviation of their country.

Be aware that South Korea is ROK (for Republic of Korea)

So here is what I found so far for the list which may be drastically incorrect. (Also note that Eugen left Alias names for new units which I believe does nothing in-game)

ALL UNITS ALPHABETICAL
Starts with units with numbers at the start, mainly PACT units
ANZAC infantry
All Canadian new units
Chinese infantry
All command tanks
Japanese infantry
Pretty much all South Korean units because they all start with K
All vehicles that start with M (even if they are in another country and have a different name, it is a N variant)
North Korean infantry
Some West and East German units
South Korean infantry
All PACT tanks that start with T and its variants
A lot of Chinese and Japanese units that start with Type
New British infantry
New Russian infantry
New American infantry
Some leftover land units that start with country abbreviations but are put at the bottom because of non-caps
Ships (Alphabetical)
All choppers with no country abbreviation at the start of the name (except for new West German choppers)
Leftover choppers that start with country abbreviations but are put at the bottom because of non-caps
All choppers with no country abbreviation at the start of the name (except for KF-16)
Leftover planes that start with country abbreviations but are put at the bottom because of non-caps
Some weird leftover units

There are many exceptions, for example Stinger C's start with LAAD, and the British Buffalo is apparently South Korean. For people who have never played W:AB, this might be a bit had to mod since they do not know what is new.

Now as for clearing up some stuff:
All the units that start with Soldat is from RUSE, and are hidden in-game. You can check them out along with the Cobra Sidewinder here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=37266&hilit=+hidden

On that list is also the M113 DEPREC, which I think is hidden now, only was available in W:AB closed beta because it was somehow OP

MI-40, IDK.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

GENERAL YURI
First Sergeant

Postby GENERAL YURI » Fri 4 Apr 2014 00:29

Just wanted to find the missing units but used the NDF_win.dat from todays patch version and it looks like all units got new instance numbers. I guess making that list was an useless attempt.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Fri 4 Apr 2014 03:23

Very useful topic guys! This will be one of my favorited references at launch, Im sure :)

Thanks for the list, General Yuri!