With Destiny: 1995

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Re: With Destiny: 1995

Postby Lord Helmchen » Mon 7 Apr 2014 20:36

Very nice, looking really forward playing this !
Spielführer wrote:To buff national decks a little bit more, what about removing Prototypes from Coalitions or only access to Prototypes from one "Lead Nation". I think e.g. Eurokorps is strong enough with access to both units even without prototypes. So no prototypes and Eurokorps would still be enough. Leopard 2A4 together with Legion is kinda potent so their is no need for a Leclerc or a Leopard 2A5, those should be restricted to national Decks only or you only have access to 1 from those two tanks. Leclerc or Leopard 2A5. Opinions about it?

I thought about ways to buff national decks as well. IMO the problem is that you can play NATO/Pact mixed if you remove prototypes from coalitions.
IMO if you remove prototypes from 1991-1995, so latest prototypes, from coalitions but stick to pre-1991 protos, this would already buff nationals.
Or, to be rather radical, removing mixed decks as a whole would be another option. But then the problem of replaying Vietnam war comes up.

Spielführer
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Spielführer » Tue 8 Apr 2014 00:00

Halfbodied Jish wrote:I like this idea. I was hoping when the coalitions were added they'd ditch NATO/Pact mixed, but obviously not. Non prototyping coalitions should help a lot with national pride.

Maybe even adding a negative availability bonus to coalitions would help. Like -10% availability. Just a thought.

This scapegoat that is coalitions needs to fall. True balance will become reality! :D

Lord Helmchen wrote:I thought about ways to buff national decks as well. IMO the problem is that you can play NATO/Pact mixed if you remove prototypes from coalitions.IMO if you remove prototypes from 1991-1995, so latest prototypes, from coalitions but stick to pre-1991 protos, this would already buff nationals.Or, to be rather radical, removing mixed decks as a whole would be another option. But then the problem of replaying Vietnam war comes up.

As Helmchen stated also, removing mixed Deck completely would be an option. So you have a good variety of units to chose without prototypes (like Eurokorps e.g.) or you have a national Deck with prototypes.

But tbh, i like the current game pretty much. Only some things a weired or broken. E.g. the Tornado ECR sucks currently while it should be the best around due to the ELS. Also some other things. For me a enhancement mod would be enough.
Soldier of passion. Diplom rerum militarium

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Tue 8 Apr 2014 01:44

Bryan wrote:Dunno if I missed it but will there be motorised infantry in squad trucks? I.e. UNIMOG? An advantage would be that they come in higher numbers per squad due to more room.

Also, feel free to PM me on Australian things.

Motorized Infantry
Mechanized Infantry
Air-mobile Infantry
Marine Infantry
Mountain Infantry
Light Infantry
Combat Engineers

If you had name any information on the doctrinal transports / unit names / nicknames for these types of forces in the Australian/New Zealand military or info on when Australia started seeking a heavier tank; or the M1A1 specifically.

Brutoni wrote:This looks epic. Will you aim to do all nations? I assume US will be first.

How can someone with no coding and modelling ability help?

Do you have a road map in mind for what nations you will visit first?

Any questions about UK stuff then let me know :D.... Or naval stuff if you decide to visit that.

Re; Nations

All nations. US first, USSR second. After that it's whoever has a clear objective of reality and a completeness of their nation.

Re; Help.

As far as the game works and how modding would work. The only thing that is currently possible that I would suggest are skins or shared knowledge.

Re; Roadmap

The US;

Goals:
Various infantry in their respective sizes and transports.
Aircraft treated as if bare minimum 1990 standard offering various roles. So A-10's with good ECM and good mavericks will be a good example.
Updating various equipment to the late 80's / 90's standards.

Most of what my mod stood for in ALB; increased AA ranges and increased artillery prowess are already integrated so there is little I'd really like to change in the current gameplay other than the Era it focuses on and fights for.

Re; Navy.

I'll probably leave it be and accept it.

Re; Information

Motorized Infantry
Mechanized Infantry
Air-mobile Infantry
Marine Infantry
Mountain Infantry
Light Infantry
Combat Engineers

If you had name any information on the doctrinal transports / unit names / nicknames for these types of forces in the British military.

Also Asserting Commonwealth's Manliness

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 8 Apr 2014 04:34

Don't forget:
:D :lol:
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Tue 8 Apr 2014 11:59

How do you plan on naming the Aussie troops?
Heres a few ideas.
Lancers(Recon)- M113, UNIMOG
Light Cavalrymen- M113, Land Rover, UNIMOG
Light Infantrymen- Land Rover, more UNIMOG
Commandos
Cavalryman(Recon)- ASLAV, M113, Bushmaster PMV(OOTF) sub with UNIMOG.
Air Defender(RBS-70)- UNIMOG and Land rover
Light Gunner(81mm)- all but Helis and ASLAV
Riflemen
SASR
Patrolmen(basically a more generic name for NORFORCE) can encompass scout duties I suppose.

Also, the standard Australian transports are UNIMOG and the Land Rover FFR(Fit For Radio) both can easily accommodate 10 men and the UNIMOG can carry up to 18 men without their field packs apparently.

ASLAV platoons are 2 ASLAV-25 and 1 ASLAV-PC

ASLAVs should only carry a small dismount team in each which is about 6-7 men, and total 3 vehicles is 18 men and they are usually heavily armed with Carl Gustavs and FN MAG 58s.

All ASLAV assets including the dismounts should have recon capability, and are unique in the sense that they are both scouts and dismounted fighting infantry.

You have to get rid of the M108 because ANZAC never used it.

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Wed 9 Apr 2014 21:57

GO MY RESERVISTÉS

Spielführer
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Spielführer » Thu 10 Apr 2014 10:32

Iris wrote:All nations. US first, USSR second. After that it's whoever has a clear objective of reality and a completeness of their nation.

When you say me what exactly you need, i would do it than for W-Germany and probably for E-Germany also.
Soldier of passion. Diplom rerum militarium

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Tue 22 Apr 2014 23:21

I found I really didn't like that last ones at all no matter how hard I tried to "fix" the first drafts of them.

Gurkhas

Rangers

Spetznatz or Equivalent

Mécanisée

Combat Engineers

Fallschirmjäger

Australian Snipers

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Wed 23 Apr 2014 00:04

Iris wrote:I found I really didn't like that last ones at all no matter how hard I tried to "fix" the first drafts of them.

Gurkhas

Rangers

Spetznatz or Equivalent

Mécanisée

Combat Engineers

Fallschirmjäger

Australian Snipers

:shock:
This
Is
AWESOME !

Sevatar
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sevatar » Wed 23 Apr 2014 00:14

Cant resist.....must have...... urgend Need.......
Great work Iris, this Looks awesome!

Return to “Modding”