Mikeboy's Plane Redo

Mikeboy
General

Mikeboy's Plane Redo

Postby Mikeboy » Fri 11 Apr 2014 19:47

The new version, V5, sees nearly complete redos for the UK, US, USSR and China. Plus several other changes. Enjoy.

Eurofighter no longer lingers behind the Rafale in every stat.

Harrier GR.1 now uses 4 SNEB pods.

As seen in the Falklands. The GR.3 now gives the marine deck its AT punch.

The GR.5 is now available in Marine decks.

The GR.7 now uses the UK Paveway II bomb.

The Sea Harrier FA.2 now provides both SEAD and A2A capabilities for the marine deck.

The Jaguar GR.1 is now a fast iron bomber

The Martel on the GR.1A now has decent range (skin by REDDQ)

The ADV F.2 and F.3 now use the Sparrow model for their Skyflashes (F.3 skin by Darkmill)

The Tornado IDS GR.1 now has double the bombload. The bombs should be on the fuselage but I'm not able to change the model so this will have to do.

The GR.1B now uses the Martel AR model for the Sea Eagle.

Basic F-16 finally has its era appropriate AIM-9.

The F-16C gains the Maverick.

The Block 50 is now an advanced cluster bomber. Though it has less MRAAMs than its direct competitor the MiG-29 it does hit the ground with more force.

The F-15A gets the era appropriate AIM-7F, because it can't all be buffs. ;)

The F-15E is now truly something to be feared, both for those on the ground and those in the sky. Note that very nice skin is by Vasto.

The F-18C is now a unique anti-ship aircraft, armed with 4 AGM-123 Skipper II.

The F-18E is now the US' prototype fighter. Armed with AIM-120B and the prototype AIM-9R.

Mi-28 now fires thermobaric rockets and ripple fires its Atakas.

Ka-50 now has anti-helicopter capability on its Vikhrs.

Il-102 is no longer overweight and slow.

To make way for the Su-24M with FAB 1500s. Showing anything NATO can do Pact can do with more explosives.

V5 CHANGES

DOWNLOAD

Uncheck use our download manager. To install drop the contents of the zip into your main Wargame Red Dragon folder, I'd recommend backing up the replaced files first. Then go to Wargame Red Dragon\Data\PC\430000319 and copy WarGame3.exe, then overwrite the WarGame3.exe in the main Wargame Red Dragon folder. Do not play on multiplayer with those who do not have the mod. It causes desyncs and could get you banned.

Spoiler : Old :
DOWNLOAD

Uncheck use our download manager. To install drop the contents of the zip into your Wargame Red Dragon\Data\ file, I'd recommend backing up the replaced files first. Then go to Wargame Red Dragon\Data\PC\430000239 and copy WarGame3.exe, then overwrite the WarGame3.exe in the main Wargame Red Dragon folder. Do not play on multiplayer with those who do not have the mod. It causes desyncs and could get you banned.

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

To install drop the contents of the zip into your Wargame Red Dragon\Data\ file, I'd recommend backing up the replaced files first. Do not play on multiplayer with those who do not have the mod. It causes desyncs and could get you banned.

DOWNLOAD

To install drop the contents of the zip into your Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC file, I'd recommend backing up the replaced files first. Do not play on multiplayer with those who do not have the mod. It causes desyncs and could get you banned.

Big thanks to Elouda and COMThing for helping me out.
Last edited by Mikeboy on Sat 31 May 2014 19:11, edited 15 times in total.

Leatherneck2382
Warrant Officer

Re: US Plane Redo

Postby Leatherneck2382 » Fri 11 Apr 2014 20:08

000-Super-Bug-loadout.jpg
000-Super-Bug-loadout.jpg (169.26 KiB) Viewed 8837 times
Semper Fidelis -- United States Marine Corps Motto "Always Faithful"

Col_Sandfurz
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Col_Sandfurz » Fri 11 Apr 2014 21:04

Very good!
Though I would give the AIM-120A to the hornet and the AIM-120B to the F-15C + ECM.

What about giving the F-15E two of the Nighthawks GBU's? Would make them more unique than having "just" 4 dumb bombs..

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Apr 2014 00:29

I agree with both comments. GBU's on the F-15's would be great, if not more realistic. Also, that is a lot more of potential for the F-18

But great job! Those are some very nice changes. I look forward to seeing more in the future!
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Sat 12 Apr 2014 00:47

Great job but a few things I could see changed
1. With the F-15A Nerf a price drop is well justified

2. The F/A-18A could be the ASF with "A" AMRAAMs, F-15C could get the AIM-120Bs and 50% ECM

3. The F-16 Block. 52 could get AP 8 (or 6 of the clusters) also if it keeps its current Cluster loadout, it could get 4 MRAAMs

I will upload some other ideas at a later time but besides that, great job! BTW, will this disable multiplayer for those who have it? (play with this who don't have the mod)
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Apr 2014 00:57

It will not "disable" per say, but you are restricted to only private multiplayer games.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Sat 12 Apr 2014 01:32

wargamer1985 wrote:BTW, will this disable multiplayer for those who have it? (play with this who don't have the mod)

It won't disable multiplayer, but trying to play in multiplayer with those who do not have the mod will cause dodgy things to occur.

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Sat 12 Apr 2014 14:50

All of those changes should be applied to the official build (except maybe the F/A-18C).
I would give the F/A-18C an AIM-120A/AIM-9M combo and the F-16C Block 52 the F&F Mavericks (and maybe a pair of AMRAAMS). But your mod, your rules ;)

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Sat 12 Apr 2014 15:01

Here's the thing I don't get about mods. I'm very impressed by the various changes etc that people make, but in game surely these mods are doomed to fail? Since you cannot play normal MP with this mod installed, you are forced to play with about a dozen other people who have this mod. Not only would you normally not be able to get a game, but you are sacrificing normal MP for the sake of 5 planes getting tweaked, in this case. Surely large scale modpacks are the way to go, so you can actually get a large enough playerbase?

Or am I missing something? Can you still play normal MP as long as you don't use these US planes?
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Sat 12 Apr 2014 15:05

Why you no do this for the RAF mikeboy?! :lol:

Return to “Modding”