Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

TBR
Corporal
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon 13 May 2013 21:39
Contact:

Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby TBR » Fri 18 Apr 2014 19:25

Want more political points in the SP campaign?

It is in the second campaign scripting ndfbin (the smaller of the scripting ndfbins for the campaign):

Example for Climb Mount Narodnaia:

use the modding suite to open pc\ndf\patchable\scenario\campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscriptingforalternative1.ndfbin

The parameter for starting political points is in TStrategicMapInitialisationParameters, Instance 1, Id 1 (original value is 40)

Set your new amount of points and save.

TBR
Corporal
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon 13 May 2013 21:39
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby TBR » Fri 18 Apr 2014 19:29

The id number changes in other campaigns because more starting parameters are used. The name of the parameter for political points is InitialPoliticalPoints.

In other campaigns the morale points to reach and other variables can be found among the TStrategicMapInitialisationParameters, so if you want to lengthern the campaign by setting a higher morale points goal (if the campaign uses morale points that is) this is the place to do it.

User avatar
The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4568
Joined: Fri 12 Jul 2013 22:29
Location: United States, Central Time Zone
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 18 Apr 2014 19:35

TBR wrote:The id number changes in other campaigns because more starting parameters are used. The name of the parameter for political points is InitialPoliticalPoints.

In other campaigns the morale points to reach and other variables can be found among the TStrategicMapInitialisationParameters, so if you want to lengthern the campaign by setting a higher morale points goal (if the campaign uses morale points that is) this is the place to do it.


Woah, thank you TBR!
Now for some modding - he he he
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 05:12
Location: Alpha Centurai
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby h4didact4532 » Sat 19 Apr 2014 06:51

TBR wrote:
use the modding suite to open pc\ndf\patchable\scenario\campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscriptingforalternative1.ndfbin

The parameter for starting political points is in TStrategicMapInitialisationParameters, Instance 1, Id 1 (original value is 40)

Set your new amount of points and save.

Where can you find this modding suite? Sorry for a dumb question but i'm new to modding and just want to spawn all battle groups in to and duke it out with the Ruskies on Bear vs Dragon since I have beaten all campaigns but that one.
One more stupid question the pc\ndf\patchable\scenario\ I can't seem to find if you could tell me where for that thanks.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other b*****d die for his" George S Patton

Guggy
General
Posts: 8645
Joined: Thu 17 Nov 2011 02:53
Location: peaceful skeleton realm
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby Guggy » Sat 19 Apr 2014 07:15

Looking for battlegroup composition atm, the text de-hasher seems to be giving the old ALB names for some reason :\

C2507D25D5000000 = one of the Australian air groups

But tool interprets C2507D25D5000000 as Jyske Division from ALB :P

User avatar
The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4568
Joined: Fri 12 Jul 2013 22:29
Location: United States, Central Time Zone
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 19 Apr 2014 07:38

h4didact4532 wrote:
TBR wrote:
use the modding suite to open pc\ndf\patchable\scenario\campdyn_climbnarodnaia\ndfscriptingforalternative1.ndfbin

The parameter for starting political points is in TStrategicMapInitialisationParameters, Instance 1, Id 1 (original value is 40)

Set your new amount of points and save.

Where can you find this modding suite? Sorry for a dumb question but i'm new to modding and just want to spawn all battle groups in to and duke it out with the Ruskies on Bear vs Dragon since I have beaten all campaigns but that one.
One more stupid question the pc\ndf\patchable\scenario\ I can't seem to find if you could tell me where for that thanks.

Well if you read the Wargame Modding Directory...
viewtopic.php?f=161&t=35441

You beat 3/4 campaigns? Respect. I just barely beat the easy campaign with all battlegroups and lost the first time I tried.
I sure learned my lesson:
Image

Guggy wrote:Looking for battlegroup composition atm, the text de-hasher seems to be giving the old ALB names for some reason :\

C2507D25D5000000 = one of the Australian air groups

But tool interprets C2507D25D5000000 as Jyske Division from ALB :P

Yeah, almost every deck says Jyske division, if you are looking at TWargameNationDeck. I could not find a deck with Asian units so I'm pretty sure it's not the battlegroup.
Have you looked in scenario\campaginname\ndfscripting\TModularUnitDescriptor? Might get us some clues.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 05:12
Location: Alpha Centurai
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby h4didact4532 » Sat 19 Apr 2014 07:40

Well if you read the Wargame Modding Directory...
viewtopic.php?f=161&t=35441

You beat 3/4 campaigns? Respect. I just barely beat the easy campaign with all battlegroups and lost the first time I tried.
I sure learned my lesson:
[/quote]

well if you want I can send you a PM with some tips
"The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other b*****d die for his" George S Patton

Guggy
General
Posts: 8645
Joined: Thu 17 Nov 2011 02:53
Location: peaceful skeleton realm
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby Guggy » Sat 19 Apr 2014 08:35

The W:AB Noob wrote:Yeah, almost every deck says Jyske division, if you are looking at TWargameNationDeck. I could not find a deck with Asian units so I'm pretty sure it's not the battlegroup.
Have you looked in scenario\campaginname\ndfscripting\TModularUnitDescriptor? Might get us some clues.


Oddly, it is indeed that file that has the actual units listed. I found a North Korean one when looking at random, for instance.

Didnt have any luck tonight finding where the names are found, but I'll recommence tomorrow.

Lindwurm
Master Sergeant
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu 23 May 2013 17:08
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby Lindwurm » Sat 19 Apr 2014 12:31

BTW, Guggy, great job with the campaign timer, but what parameter din you actually change?

UPDATE: Found it : gdconstanteoriginal--> TModernWarfareTunableConstante--> TimeLimitForBattleInSecondsCampagneStrat

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 05:12
Location: Alpha Centurai
Contact:

Re: Modding Singleplayer Campaign Political Points

Postby h4didact4532 » Sun 20 Apr 2014 00:37

Hello again but has any one found Bear vs Dragon and pearl of the orient as when I look I see nothing releated to pearl but I do see something like this which I assume is bear vs dragon but it seems to be maps patch able/bvd_1/maps is part of the code but nothing for political points or anything. Also for battlegroup editing I do know that if you use a memory editor while in battle you can edit unit numbers (ex 100 Abrams on busan pocket)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other b*****d die for his" George S Patton

Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests