Wargame: Crimean Escalation (Alpha Release)

Jack Sutton
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Wargame: Crimean Escalation (Alpha Release)

Postby Jack Sutton » Sat 20 May 2017 23:01

Karlsson96 wrote:More notes on Balance and realism:

-There are simply way too many vehicles PER CARD in general. Please lower the amount of vehicles available per card, especially the MBTs and the Attack Helicopters
-There are no effective counters to a helicopter rush, since a lot of the high end ones have over-effective weaponry and can destroy any and all targets very quickly
-In regards to Anti-aircraft vehicles: Somehow, helicopters can shoot missiles at anti-aircraft vehicles even though the anti-aircraft vehicles do not have any Line-of-sight
-There is no aim-time delay for missiles from helos, as the second an AA vehicle enters the range of a Helo, it is destroyed by a missile from it
-Missiles fired from Helos are simply way too fast, and the aim time of AA vehicles is way too slow to react. You have to have multiple AA vehicles "Counter rush" an enemy helo hoping that at least one gets a missile off before they are destroyed.
-I'm really serious about how overpowered the Helicopters are in this mod, especially the Ka-52s. 2 of them following a meat shield of scout helos can decimate any and all AA vehicles within seconds due to fast aim time, fast missile travel speed, and superior range against a lot of AA units.
-Considering the Centurion C-RAM is noted for defending bases shooting mortar shells out of the air, why the hell does it only have 60% accuracy against something, that is larger than a mortar shell?

-In regards to unit sizes for the United States Marines: Marine infantry Squads have 3 Fire-teams to the US Army's 2.
-if a fire-team has 4 men, 2 fireteams is 8 men (+an NCO, artillery spotter, officer of some kind, etc. which makes 9 or 10)
-therefore a squad with 3 fireteams is 12 (against +an NCO, art spotter, officer, etc)
-essentially my point is that Marine units should be 3/2 in terms of men over the Army squads. (Just like in vanilla with 15 marines vs 10 US Army riflemen to a squad)
-Mortarmen have laser accuracy and spam their shells like a machine gun.

Use ManPads you scrub

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Wed 24 May 2017 05:15

Just checked,
Happying mod ) ,
indescribable thank you for the ineffable awesome work )

0. Is any >8players server currently running with the mod?

1. Some questions,suggestions:
am i wrong ?:
1.0 LRSAV bit too future, do not feels like it can enter service before transport variants of "amphibious combat vehicle" program 's winners (~2020 y.),
and until 2020 russian armory can obtain some changes from what's known now.
1.1 unlike M1126 MCRWS (2018) for example, AH-6S is a bit too future too from my point of view it should be replaced with AH-6,

1.2 Ospreys presence would be cool (just high speed helicopter with appropriate lifting) (of course it not firstly ) ).
1.3 shouldn't MRLS be loaded with cluster munition (M30) ? (because its what it mainly using and HIMARS setted to use HE rockets (small fix: which is M31 (not M26)))
1.4 with above Smerch should: or use cluster rockets or get dispersion correlated (real 0.3% (~210m on 70000m range))
Guies it made for balance, but after few games it becoming obviously what supply is even more important with the mod and from playing experience its not too much if enemy has it (cluster), always should look impartially not against anything what looks too much|too low|too OP|.. until its proven what it shouldn't present in.
1.5 Engineer vehicles,
1.5.0 Mining,demining abilities to some units,
1.5.1 Small fortifyings,roadblocks(realistically long build time) building
would be really awesome additions to the game ), if its possible to implement )
1.6 A-10 should have additionally 2 GBU-38 s or 2 GBU-12 s (while GUI problem not fixed guies AIM-9M can be hided from weapon menu
or A-10 needs to carry just 4 GBU-38|GBU-12 s (without CBU s)) (the bombs using much, much, much more often)
1.7 Isn't 50% accuracy on AGM-65 s is bit mistakenly low ?
1.8 Feels like AA lethality bit wrong: ex. R-73A -> AH-64 -- half health (if it wouldn't destroy it had to at least leave ~<10% HP ?)
(actually guies lethality should be fine, helicopters health too increased, if its because of ground vehicles's machineguns's AA capabilities then it possibly can be right, but then AA missiles's damage needs to be increased too, ?)
(Also very obvious thing: Planes getting shot down by 1 missile from helicopter, helicopter not getting down after 2+ hits by same size missiles)
1.9 MI-8 probably should be able to lift Tigr and Kornet-D )
1.10 Armor: obviously not realistically what M1A2,T-14,T-90 holding 3-5 ATGM missiles | 4+ 500kg bombs
1.11 Sprut-- not big fix: rate of fire is 7 rpm. (currently in game 9)
1.12 Mortars:
1.12.0 M224A1-- range = 70–3,490 (currently in game 1500 minimum)
1.12.1 2B25-- range = 100-1200 m (currently in game 4900 and big minimum), would be nice to make it's fire more stealth than M224, small fix: rate of fire = 15rpm. (currently in game 18)
1.13 Rate of launching: helicopters shooting second wave of ATGM s before first reached target (it becoming a problem in game), same with HUMRAAM s and possible some others

2. Some mentioned todo things (possible most of it (or all ) ) already present in yours todo list ) ):
2.0 UH-1Y s should get their hudras ?
2.1 Avengers should get their M3P s ?
2.2 Iscander-k-- max supported in the game ground units 's direct fire range now is 3499m.

3. Other:
3.0 A-10C-- Horrible three armament limited gui ?) , is any chance to change the gui for it would show all weapons ?
3.1 There is mod named "Vpierdol", which unlocking 10v10 maps, because of not confidence about compatibility can you please add that not big but really meaningful (especially in modern time warfare) feature in the mod ?
Last edited by ilias on Fri 9 Jun 2017 04:35, edited 12 times in total.

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Thu 25 May 2017 14:55

1.14 Artillery round's supply price (currently in game guided Koalitsiya 's round cost </2 of unguided's price)
1.15 Angles of multiple aircrafts's missiles launching making them being shot all the times without possibility to get to target
Last edited by ilias on Sat 27 May 2017 05:23, edited 2 times in total.

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Thu 25 May 2017 20:36

Of course Its not edifications, i'm sure allot of who hope the mod will be best is possible, of course it wouldn't exist without you, minimum me and few my friend's playing in the mod are hugely grateful to you for your unprecedented work.
Hope you'll review the suggestions.
I would really appreciate any response,
Thank you again.

GUNPOINT101
Corporal

Postby GUNPOINT101 » Sat 3 Jun 2017 09:12

So, is this mod dead or is the next version going to have huge amounts of content?

Edit: is this mod dead or not?
Last edited by GUNPOINT101 on Sun 4 Jun 2017 03:12, edited 1 time in total.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 3 Jun 2017 15:14

GUNPOINT101 wrote:So, is this mod dead or is the next version going to have huge amounts of content?

Perhaps neither. You've set up a false dichotomy there.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

GUNPOINT101
Corporal

Postby GUNPOINT101 » Sun 4 Jun 2017 03:10

Xeno426 wrote:
GUNPOINT101 wrote:So, is this mod dead or is the next version going to have huge amounts of content?

Perhaps neither. You've set up a false dichotomy there.

True, true.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Tue 6 Jun 2017 10:04

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around for a while. The mod is not dead, the next patch is still beeing worked on. I've been reading your posts and I will consider some of the changes, some are already in the patch (including nerfs to high-end gunships, a new UH-1Y with rockets and some loadout and availability changes). I still can't give an ETA yet, as I still have to make the uninstaller, and don't know how much time I will have for modding in the next days or weeks. Still, I am happy that you guys are so patient, I hope you will enjoy the next update once it is done.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Tue 6 Jun 2017 17:27

jonas165 wrote:Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around for a while. The mod is not dead, the next patch is still beeing worked on. I've been reading your posts and I will consider some of the changes, some are already in the patch (including nerfs to high-end gunships, a new UH-1Y with rockets and some loadout and availability changes). I still can't give an ETA yet, as I still have to make the uninstaller, and don't know how much time I will have for modding in the next days or weeks. Still, I am happy that you guys are so patient, I hope you will enjoy the next update once it is done.

Thank you for even short response, waiting for next patch with anticipation.

GUNPOINT101
Corporal

Postby GUNPOINT101 » Wed 7 Jun 2017 07:20

jonas165 wrote:Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around for a while. The mod is not dead, the next patch is still beeing worked on. I've been reading your posts and I will consider some of the changes, some are already in the patch (including nerfs to high-end gunships, a new UH-1Y with rockets and some loadout and availability changes). I still can't give an ETA yet, as I still have to make the uninstaller, and don't know how much time I will have for modding in the next days or weeks. Still, I am happy that you guys are so patient, I hope you will enjoy the next update once it is done.

Thanks for the update! Sorry if I came off as a bit impatient, but I just asked that question out of curiosity. Keep up the good work!