Airlifting vehicles

jonas165
Brigadier

Airlifting vehicles

Postby jonas165 » Tue 22 Apr 2014 16:36

I tried to make a helicopter capable of loading a vehicle, but I didn´t have any sucess yet. I read some posts which said ehnoka made it to implement this, but I couldn´t find a thread or anything. So, has anyone managed to do this? If yes, please explain me how. Thanks
Alpha release. Click signature for more

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Airlifting vehicles

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 23 Apr 2014 01:29

jonas165 wrote:I tried to make a helicopter capable of loading a vehicle, but I didn´t have any sucess yet. I read some posts which said ehnoka made it to implement this, but I couldn´t find a thread or anything. So, has anyone managed to do this? If yes, please explain me how. Thanks

What happens when you try? Does it crash?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Wed 23 Apr 2014 14:05

Yes. If I just give my helo the Transporter module of a ship, it doesn´t appear in the deck creation at all (still in the armoury though), and if I load a unit in it by deafault, it chrashes as soon as I start the game.

Gronank
Colonel

Postby Gronank » Thu 24 Apr 2014 14:12

You must make the appropriate changes to the company unit descriptor.

You would also probably want to create another transporter tag so that not all vehicles can be transported by all helicopters.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Thu 24 Apr 2014 14:35

Gronank wrote:You must make the appropriate changes to the company unit descriptor.

You would also probably want to create another transporter tag so that not all vehicles can be transported by all helicopters.

Sorry, I don´t know what you mean by "the appropriate changes". Could you explain what I have to do there? And how do I create a new transporter tag?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 24 Apr 2014 16:03

jonas165 wrote:
Gronank wrote:You must make the appropriate changes to the company unit descriptor.

Sorry, I don´t know what you mean by "the appropriate changes". Could you explain what I have to do there? And how do I create a new transporter tag?

Oh, I forgot. If you are making something that is not an APC an APC, you do have to go to the company unit module, and put in the load/unload buttons.
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=42266&p=532059#p532059

How to create a transporter tag?
Uh, just make one int the modules of a unit.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Thu 24 Apr 2014 16:10

The W:AB Noob wrote:
jonas165 wrote:

Oh, I forgot. If you are making something that is not an APC an APC, you do have to go to the company unit module, and put in the load/unload buttons.
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=42266&p=532059#p532059

Thanks.

The W:AB Noob wrote:How to create a transporter tag?
Uh, just make one int the modules of a unit.

I know that, but how do I make only some vehicles airliftable? I have to create a new transporter tag for this somehow, to differ ot from barges/infantry transports. And I don´t know how to do this.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 24 Apr 2014 16:15

jonas165 wrote:I know that, but how do I make only some vehicles airliftable? I have to create a new transporter tag for this somehow, to differ ot from barges/infantry transports. And I don´t know how to do this.

Aah, good point. IDK the answer to that yet, but I bet RaduM or COMthing know.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Tue 29 Apr 2014 06:52

Still didn´t have any progress. I can add the UNLOAD-Button to the GUI, but the unit is not able to load anything then. If I give it a Transporter module, it doesn´t appear in the deck build menu. If I load a unit into it be default, the game crashes.

BTW I tried the same with the LAV as you discribed, and I had the same results: the button exists, but it can´t load infantry.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 30 Apr 2014 01:35

jonas165 wrote:Still didn´t have any progress. I can add the UNLOAD-Button to the GUI, but the unit is not able to load anything then. If I give it a Transporter module, it doesn´t appear in the deck build menu. If I load a unit into it be default, the game crashes.

BTW I tried the same with the LAV as you discribed, and I had the same results: the button exists, but it can´t load infantry.

hm, i might look into that. Meanwhile, PM a pro modder

Return to “Modding”