[RD] Vasto's Reskin Project

Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Re: [RD] Vasto's Reskin Project

Postby Vasto » Sun 27 Apr 2014 13:03

jonas165 wrote:But would it be possible (with breaking MP capability) to replace an existing file (let´s say the T-55) with a second MiG-23 Skin, remove the T-55 from the game, and give the skin to the Polish MiG-23, while the DDR one keeps it´s own one?

I can't tell whether it would break multiplayer compatibility or not, but yeah, it is possible to redirect the references in the ndf to a different texture file. Though I'm not sure if there are some free texture files which could be used to do so...

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sun 27 Apr 2014 21:46

Vasto wrote:
jonas165 wrote:But would it be possible (with breaking MP capability) to replace an existing file (let´s say the T-55) with a second MiG-23 Skin, remove the T-55 from the game, and give the skin to the Polish MiG-23, while the DDR one keeps it´s own one?

I can't tell whether it would break multiplayer compatibility or not, but yeah, it is possible to redirect the references in the ndf to a different texture file. Though I'm not sure if there are some free texture files which could be used to do so...

There is defenitely a bunch of unused units (not a lot to be honest) but I'm pretty sure they use already existing models :/

wolfss
Private First-Class

Postby wolfss » Mon 28 Apr 2014 10:14

Dear Vasto,
Can you guide me how can I do some units re-skinning?
Thank you.

EDIT:
I just found your topic about it: viewtopic.php?f=161&t=40121

Cheers!
We are here to stay!

FregFlogger
Warrant Officer

Postby FregFlogger » Mon 28 Apr 2014 13:44

Darkmil wrote:
Vasto wrote:

There is defenitely a bunch of unused units (not a lot to be honest) but I'm pretty sure they use already existing models :/

I'm thinking about those cloth covered transport Humvees that have been completely replaced by the more conventional one.
I don't think it has been used in RD, it was in ALB though.

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Postby captain biggles » Mon 28 Apr 2014 17:01

Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Mon 28 Apr 2014 17:27

I would prefer the VF-154 low-viz scheme. Using one-off schemes like the CAG paint where you can get two Tomcats doesn't sit right with me.

Besides, VF-213 is an Atlantic Fleet squadron. PACFLT would be more likely in this situation.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Postby captain biggles » Mon 28 Apr 2014 19:14

shomu1 wrote:I would prefer the VF-154 low-viz scheme. Using one-off schemes like the CAG paint where you can get two Tomcats doesn't sit right with me.

Besides, VF-213 is an Atlantic Fleet squadron. PACFLT would be more likely in this situation.

Wasnt the Enterprise was stationed in the pacific at the time, correct me if in wrong
Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Mon 28 Apr 2014 19:17

Ah, you're right. My mistake.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ultimaratio
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Ultimaratio » Wed 30 Apr 2014 18:54

Hm my polish MIG 23 is now part of the DDR. Any chance that Nations do not share the skins ?
Peace to the Shacks! War on the Palaces!-Georg Büchner

Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Vasto » Wed 30 Apr 2014 20:11

Ultimaratio wrote:Hm my polish MIG 23 is now part of the DDR. Any chance that Nations do not share the skins ?

Sorry, only Eugen can fix that. And sadly there are many others like this one, and no willingness to change them :(

Unfortunately the latest "cosmetic" patch made my F-15E skins useless from authenticity point of view, as the F-15E has been renamed to F-15D... I probably will have to make a renaming mod and add it as an optional part of US pack.

Return to “Modding”