Revised Campaign Mod

GeneralHawk
Corporal

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby GeneralHawk » Sun 17 Apr 2016 05:36

Manually drop the latest mod files (actual not the folders) in the the latest folder created by new update and the other file (zz) into the 587 folder just as before and it works perfectly.

Stealth17
Corporal

Postby Stealth17 » Sun 17 Apr 2016 09:37

GeneralHawk wrote:Manually drop the latest mod files (actual not the folders) in the the latest folder created by new update and the other file (zz) into the 587 folder just as before and it works perfectly.

Thanks!

Edit: still doesn't work for me. My latest file folders in WARGAME/PC are 510012575 and 510019512. I'd say that I'd have to pick that second one (number is higher) and I've tried installing the mod into both. Didn't work.

As for the 43-line folders, the latest one is 430000639. Again, didn't work :(.

Can you offer further help?
Need a bit of help getting into Wargame? Let me help you!
On my Youtube channel you'll find a ton of guides and other videos to help you get started with the game.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mwsE-87Hfh9ZmSrqBqNIg

Br1ckbuster
Corporal

Postby Br1ckbuster » Sun 17 Apr 2016 12:46

Stealth17 wrote:
GeneralHawk wrote:Manually drop the latest mod files (actual not the folders) in the the latest folder created by new update and the other file (zz) into the 587 folder just as before and it works perfectly.

Thanks!

Edit: still doesn't work for me. My latest file folders in WARGAME/PC are 510012575 and 510019512. I'd say that I'd have to pick that second one (number is higher) and I've tried installing the mod into both. Didn't work.

As for the 43-line folders, the latest one is 430000639. Again, didn't work :(.

Can you offer further help?

In the /PC/WARGAME folder, sort the sub-folders by date, and the ones that are the most recent (for me, 15/4/16) their names are:
\PC\510019512 for the NDF file
and
\PC\510012575\510019512 and scroll to the bottom and you'll see the ZZwin.dat file. back those two files up and replace them. Launce a new instance (otherwise it doesn't work fully) of the 2nd Korean War just to check. Where those terrible A37s were should now be a squadron of A-10s!

Stealth17
Corporal

Postby Stealth17 » Sun 17 Apr 2016 15:08

Ok, got 2nd Korean War working. Am I confusing this mod with this one? viewtopic.php?t=49238

I thought this was the same mod, just carried on by someone else. Wrong?
On my Youtube channel you'll find a ton of guides and other videos to help you get started with the game.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 17 Apr 2016 16:11

Stealth17 wrote:I thought this was the same mod, just carried on by someone else. Wrong?

No, they are different mods.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 17 Apr 2016 23:15

Yeah, our mods are different :P

I'm resuming work on this one today though to assure its up to date regarding the dialogue/text files and any future patches.

Rogers303 is sadly no longer an active user. He was the creator of the terrific Battlegroup Manager tool though.

EDIT: Whats the method to make a fake-patch for WG again? I'm gonna do that rather than outright updating everything manually.

Stealth17
Corporal

Postby Stealth17 » Mon 18 Apr 2016 14:12

Ok Guggy, thanks for the reply! I'm going to cover the mod for my Youtube channel and will start sending people to your mod :)

Added: just finished my first section. Is it correct that I have some US battlegroups already fielded but can only pick South Korean forces from the reinforcements at the start?

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Mon 18 Apr 2016 20:20

Stealth17 wrote:Ok Guggy, thanks for the reply! I'm going to cover the mod for my Youtube channel and will start sending people to your mod :)

Added: just finished my first section. Is it correct that I have some US battlegroups already fielded but can only pick South Korean forces from the reinforcements at the start?

Thats correct. The US forces depicted there are active forces, and on full time station. The units of SK there are, however, reserves and have to be summoned in wartime. I gave some more starting points to allow the player to activate them at a more reasonable pace though :)

Chibuky
Corporal

Postby Chibuky » Mon 18 Apr 2016 23:23

Guggy wrote:
Stealth17 wrote:Ok Guggy, thanks for the reply! I'm going to cover the mod for my Youtube channel and will start sending people to your mod :)

Thats correct. The US forces depicted there are active forces, and on full time station. The units of SK there are, however, reserves and have to be summoned in wartime. I gave some more starting points to allow the player to activate them at a more reasonable pace though :)

Hello Guggy. This is a bit confusing because I used your mod and I can deploy US groups at the start of the campaign. The entire first tab is filled with US groups (abrams, patriots, arty group and supply gr.). I made some screens to explain better. Please check it out because it seems that Stealth and I have different unit setup :?:

1. turn 0 (after Enterprise battle)
http://imgur.com/eJmMyyg

2. 1st armored group deployed in Mokpoo, still turn 0
http://imgur.com/J8TADVb

3. group open in editor (can't find what parameter determine in which turn unit becomes available for deployment, it is probably that this can be editable but didn't touch that)
http://imgur.com/bmEcdz2

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Mon 18 Apr 2016 23:41

Hmmm none of that seems right. Is this an older version of the game/mod you're running?

Return to “Modding”