Revised Campaign Mod

Lindwurm
Master Sergeant

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby Lindwurm » Fri 13 Jun 2014 12:14

Are battlegroup's instance numbers are still mystery? I mean which number belongs to which BG, any list possible?

dassie1
Sergeant

Re: Revised Campaign Mod-Modifying campaign battle groups- N

Postby dassie1 » Fri 13 Jun 2014 17:24

Hello guys how are you? i need Help. i want to mod The China Campaign, specially the unit that player use. but i can't find the file or the value (there are so many :o ) that affected the players units and what it have in it. could some one please help me with location of the files and which value to look for to change please. :) thanks

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Fri 13 Jun 2014 22:48

Lindwurm wrote:Are battlegroup's instance numbers are still mystery? I mean which number belongs to which BG, any list possible?

I'm afraid not :( And the list changes every patch! :cry:

Its a tricky task indeed.

Guggy
General

Re: Revised Campaign Mod-Modifying campaign battle groups- N

Postby Guggy » Fri 13 Jun 2014 22:50

dassie1 wrote:Hello guys how are you? i need Help. i want to mod The China Campaign, specially the unit that player use. but i can't find the file or the value (there are so many :o ) that affected the players units and what it have in it. could some one please help me with location of the files and which value to look for to change please. :) thanks

My best advice is to keep in mind that the lists are in alphabetical order, generally. The nationalities are at least.

What you should is look in the campaign and find the unit you want to mod, and see its total number of different units. So a gunship squadron with 4 Gazelles, 2 command choppers, and 4 transports (random example) would have 3 units.

Then you'll go to the huge list of BG's, and find the area for Chinese units. Browse down the list, and look for BG's that have 3 units total (just the example here, you'll want to use the number your ACTUAL BG has, rather than my example :P) and check the units contained within.

Trial and error is sadly the only way we have to do this currently :(

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Fri 13 Jun 2014 22:57

I'm sure we can make it better than trial and error if we find what links the BG names in the trans tables to the actual battlegroups.

dassie1
Sergeant

Re: Revised Campaign Mod- the campaign mod noob

Postby dassie1 » Sat 14 Jun 2014 09:15

Thanks guys but, just be sure which files are the one i need open from the foddler? the files name would be realy nice. i had feeling i may be on the wrong files. :D

MrRed
Staff Sergeant

Postby MrRed » Sat 14 Jun 2014 22:03

Ok, time for some ORBATS:

I don't know how to begin this massive undertaking so I begin by listing 1979-80 equipment that would be available to Soviet troops. Mind you, this list is no where the end all be all and I just hope it helps somewhat. I am lacking information regarding chinese kit atm but once I find something I will post it.

I will begin by posting available equipment and then I will post actual ORBATS. Bear in mind that it is hard to find information on naval infantry regiments so their orbats might not be completely accurate.

1979-80:

Army:
Motorized regiments (BMP):
BMP-1 widespread service and 1P for select units.

T-55A
T-55AM
T-62 Obj 1975
T-72U
T-72A

Strella -1M and 10M*
Shilka and Biryuza

Podnos Mortar

2S1 artillery

BDRM Malyuka and Konkurs

BRDM-2 and BRM for recon.

Generic ORBAT:
-3x30 BMP carrying regular infantry (three bttns of infantry each with 30 BMPs)
-3x3 BMPs carrying manpad troops each carrying 3 manpads for a total of 9 manpads per bttn.
-3x3 BMP carrying AGS-17 equiped troops (weapons team) could be replaced by 3 BMP-1D carrying assault engineers?
-1x40 tanks (36 regular tanks +4 command tanks)
-3x6 Mortars of either 82 or 120 mm
-3x6 122 mm arty pieces
-4 Strellas
-4 AAA
-12 BDRM anti tank missiles
-3 BRM and 4 BDRM recon plus a motorcycle recon unit that can be replaced by ravezda?
-a lot of BMP command vehicles...

Note: this is the specified orbat but many regiments used BTR-50,60s and 70s instead of the BMP.

Motorized (BTR):
BTR-60 for reserve units and BTR-70 for most army units by this time period

T-55A
T-55AM
T-62 Obj 1975
T-72U
T-72A

Strella -1M and 10M*
Shilka and Biryuza

Podnos Mortar

2S1 artillery

BDRM Malyuka and Konkurs

ORBAT:
3x27 BTRs carrying normal infantry.
3x9 BTR carrying 3 manpad launchers inside.
3x9 BTR carrying AGS-17 grenade launcher.
3x2 BTR carrying ATGM infantry
3x2 BTR carrying 73mm recoiless rifle teams.
3x6 mortars
3x6 artillery
1x40 tanks
4 strellas
4 AAA
12 BDRM anti tank missiles
3 BRM and 4 BDRM recon plus a motorcycle recon unit.

Note: The artillery and mortars should be towed and not self propelled.

Armored regiments:
BMP-1 and 1P for infantry transport.

T-64B
T-80
T-80B

Strella -1M and 10M*
Shilka and Biryuza

Podnos Mortar

2S1 artillery

BDRM Malyuka and Konkurs

ORBAT:
3x30 tanks
1x30 BMP carrying infantry
1x3 BMP carrying 3 manpads
1x3 BMP caarrying AGS 17 team
1x6 mortar team
3x6 artillery
4 strellas
4 AAA
3 BRM and 4 BDRM recon plus a motorcycle recon unit.

Plenty of command tanks and BMP command vehicles.

AA regiment:
Command:
5x command jeep
7x command BDRM
Recon:
some recon jeeps. Here it is hard to mimick the Orbat since it includes a lot of tracking stations and coms vehicles.
Combat:
20x OSA

Armoured Division:
Combat:
3x tank regiment
1x BMP regiment
1x AA regiment
Recon:
2x3 BRM
3x recon tanks
12x recon bdrm

Motor rifle Division:
Combat:
2x BTR regiments
1x BMP regiment
1x tank regiment
1x AA regiment

AT component:
12x100 mm AT team (towed guns could be replaced by Norov or other gun AT? In the timeframe, it could be the ASU-85 as well).
9x BDRM Malyuka or Konkurs
Recon:
2x3 BRM
3x recon tanks
12x recon bdrm

I will do the remaining soviet forces tomorrow or so and I will try and find more information on chinese army organization. I will further add division level organization to these lists for I feel that in the campaign, what should work best would be to have divisions with all arms inside them and work from there.
Last edited by MrRed on Tue 17 Jun 2014 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 15 Jun 2014 04:32

Very good, thank you!

I'm under the impression the Far-Eastern troops encountered in the Bear Versus Dragon campaign would be at best equipped with T62's, with T72's maybe arriving late in the conflict. Does this seem reasonable?

That is aside from KGB border regiments, who would just be wheeled stuff and infantry/recon guys I assume. What could be best used to represent them?

DreDay
Corporal

Postby DreDay » Sun 15 Jun 2014 06:24

MrRed - that was an excellent and well-researched listing. Much respect for that!

Guggy - KGB borderguards were not really structured as regiments, but rather outposts (Zastava) and motorized support elements (basically reinforced BTR companies). Within the scope of W:RD it might be worth creating a KGB Borderguard detachment with:

30 Moterstrelki + BTR-60
6 Razvedka + BTR-60
6 ZU-23 Trucks
4 82mm Mortars
6 UAZ with AGS-17
9 UAZ with SPG-9
+Regular battalion level Log assets

All of those would be at veteran level.

dassie1
Sergeant

Postby dassie1 » Sun 15 Jun 2014 12:03

i am currently digging up information on some Chinese TOE. it's not complete yet as i will post more when i get more complete picture. specking of which, can any one tell what is the file name of the Chinese deck for the dragon vs bear are? Thank lot in advance. :D

Chinese tank unit are smaller but have lot more of them per diversion i think total tank number for a armor division is about 310-320 tank . will update when i have more information. :D