Revised Campaign Mod

Guggy
General

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby Guggy » Thu 15 May 2014 21:52

If possible, its out of my scope I fear :( Thats something for the big Modders, not within my mortal reach :lol:

Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Vasto » Thu 15 May 2014 22:03

CommieKiller757 wrote:
Bryan wrote:If I download and install this, will Multiplayer work?
I am guessing yes, because it only affects the SP, but I want to double check.

In my experience it desyncs multiplayer something fierce.

Mikeboy wrote:
Bryan wrote:If I download and install this, will Multiplayer work?
I am guessing yes, because it only affects the SP, but I want to double check.

No it won't. It replaces the NDF_WIN, which is where almost all Wargame information is kept. As it was made a few patches ago, your units and stuff will all be out of date.

Do not go on multiplayer with it, desyncs will occur.

So actually if it was made on a recent ndf_win.dat, the desyncs would still occur? After all it modifies only the singleplayer things...

I'm interested in any info about people's experience with using the modified ndf_win.dat in multiplayer. Of course that the gameplay related changes to it cause desyncs, but I'm curious whether some changes not strictly gameplay related, which should be theoretically safe, would work, or just any change to the ndf_win.dat == desync in multi.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Thu 15 May 2014 22:06

Vasto wrote:So actually if it was made on a recent ndf_win.dat, the desyncs would still occur? After all it modifies only the singleplayer things...

If it was exclusively single player changes being made to .302 you should be able to play with other .302 people fine I think. The problem is that the files are out of date compared to others playing multiplayer. I think the last release was from before silenced weapons were introduced for example.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 17 May 2014 02:17

EDIT: Gotta restart due to naval landings being bugged :(

dassie1
Sergeant

Postby dassie1 » Thu 12 Jun 2014 15:33

I replace the file as you said and it's not working! i go into game and nothing happens, nothing is changed. what did i do Wrong? :(

Kilo3
Corporal

Postby Kilo3 » Thu 12 Jun 2014 19:40

dassie1 wrote:I replace the file as you said and it's not working! i go into game and nothing happens, nothing is changed. what did i do Wrong? :(

If you had already started a campaign, the game seems to load the initial BG's (and keep them) from the file you used to start the campaign...if you then change your .dat file, the campaing won't dynamically update. You need to start a new campaign with the new file. I figured this out modding CMN.

I started an excel file listing BG's from TWargameNationDeck based on attributes of the assigned units, but haven't yet checked if the numbers do change (I'd be happy to take Guggy's word for it, but I HOPE he's wrong, as that would suck) I hadn't taken the time to add the BG names, as I was mostly interested in discovering particular BG's that I wanted to play with (e.g. the Kuznetsov's naval BG with 32 Konkurs-M troops, or 32 Igla-N troops, as they are easy to ID based on the unique unit types and numbers-knowing the BG name isn't important).

I found a few from WALB as well, but FYI, the WRD BG's seem to start from the bottom (largest numbers) and work up from there. I haven't tried anything as ambitious as Guggy or NOOB, mostly just making CMN more FUN rather than realistic, but eventually I want to increase the difficulty to match. replacing the Kuz's helicopter group with 4 Ka-50's, 8 Ka-29's, and 6 Mi-24VP's makes a huge difference (them Akula's lay massive waste-especially with all Helo autocannons (20 & 30mm) at 2000m range).

I think I'm going to stop modding until the DLC comes out, and gets patched to stability...redoing all the work every time a small patch comes out is a pain.

MrRed
Staff Sergeant

Postby MrRed » Thu 12 Jun 2014 20:01

Hey. I am currently playing the campaigns as I find them the only playble aspect of RD at the moment. Would you consider introducing some proper formations in the campaigns?

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Thu 12 Jun 2014 22:01

MrRed wrote:Hey. I am currently playing the campaigns as I find them the only playble aspect of RD at the moment. Would you consider introducing some proper formations in the campaigns?

If you mean historical formations, I'd love to. Proper TOE's and OOB's would be appreciated though! :)

MrRed
Staff Sergeant

Postby MrRed » Fri 13 Jun 2014 02:12

Ok. Tomorrow i will post some soviet orbats for 1984. Interesting year. In btr equipped motorized regiments, the aa complement switched from 2x2 strellas and 2x2 shilkas to 2x3 tungushkas. Chinese orbats will make me research a bit more. And i just remembered that the bvd campaign is set in 1979. How the hell is a t-80a squeezed into that timeframe?

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Fri 13 Jun 2014 02:14

MrRed wrote:Ok. Tomorrow i will post some soviet orbats for 1984. Interesting year. In btr equipped motorized regiments, the aa complement switched from 2x2 strellas and 2x2 shilkas to 2x3 tungushkas. Chinese orbats will make me research a bit more. And i just remembered that the bvd campaign is set in 1979. How the hell is a t-80a squeezed into that timeframe?

The guy at Eugen who was working on it did acid and decided to include the Il-102 and Su-27.

Return to “Modding”