General

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby Guggy » Thu 24 Jul 2014 21:48

I am recommencing work today :)

Chibuky
Corporal

Postby Chibuky » Thu 24 Jul 2014 22:59

Guggy wrote:I am recommencing work today :)

Hello Guggy! Thanks to some of guides I found here I modded all of campaigns (before DLC1) making them more interesting for me (mostly by changing unit types). Especially "D vs B" and "Climb Mount..." BTW finding and modding groups tends to be really nerve breaking.

What are you planning to mod? I noticed that some of modded campaigns tend to break scripting so in my last playthrough of Climb mount Narodnaya I didn't get that 2 army groups after capturing first port leaving me with VDV infantry, helos and planes vs. countless jap tanks. I kept playing since it wasn't gamebreaking bug. As I changed some of soviet planes and artys available in starting groups it was fun and challenging!

I am going to try unmodded campaigns first just to see how new balance patch affect gameplay and then back to unfriendly editor :)

Few more questions, since you are Marshal, can you please give at least some info about unreleased campaign (Korea War). Any plans for release as a part of the next DLC? Is it REDFOR or BLUEFOR campaign? In terms of scale/scope is it larger than "Climb Mount Narodnaya" ?

Thanx!

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:09

Chibuky wrote:
Guggy wrote:I am recommencing work today :)

Hello Guggy! Thanks to some of guides I found here I modded all of campaigns (before DLC1) making them more interesting for me (mostly by changing unit types). Especially "D vs B" and "Climb Mount..." BTW finding and modding groups tends to be really nerve breaking.

What are you planning to mod? I noticed that some of modded campaigns tend to break scripting so in my last playthrough of Climb mount Narodnaya I didn't get that 2 army groups after capturing first port leaving me with VDV infantry, helos and planes vs. countless jap tanks. I kept playing since it wasn't gamebreaking bug. As I changed some of soviet planes and artys available in starting groups it was fun and challenging!

I am going to try unmodded campaigns first just to see how new balance patch affect gameplay and then back to unfriendly editor :)

Few more questions, since you are Marshal, can you please give at least some info about unreleased campaign (Korea War). Any plans for release as a part of the next DLC? Is it REDFOR or BLUEFOR campaign? In terms of scale/scope is it larger than "Climb Mount Narodnaya" ?

Thanx!

I'm going to try and change some OOB's so that no ahistorical units are used. The Tor in the Bear versus Dragon campaign for instance is wrong, and the Soviets should have many more T62's than T72's and 80's, etc. And of course the Havoc etc being there is silly. Tweaks to the British campaign to give them less armor to start with, and for the Soviet vs Japan campaign Japan will have much less armor than what they field currently.

For the final campaign, by the looks of it it is going to be BLUFOR. Not sure if its playable on each side yet. Its going to be the biggest campaign though, and take place in the 90's so top-tier units will be in use by the combatants :)

Chibuky
Corporal

Postby Chibuky » Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:19

finally some info! Thanx a lot. and remove that "worst" from your sig ;)

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:48

Guggy wrote:For the final campaign, by the looks of it it is going to be BLUFOR. Not sure if its playable on each side yet. Its going to be the biggest campaign though, and take place in the 90's so top-tier units will be in use by the combatants :)

I think one of the good things about it being set in 1991 is we can base NATO expeditionary units off of what was actually used in the Gulf War.

I'd prefer it if Eugen didn't go too far into prototype country, but BvD hasn't filled me with hope on that front.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Fri 25 Jul 2014 01:08

And uh... anyone want BTR's tank changes in this? I really enjoy implementing those, as they boost gameplay tremendously I think, but if its seen as irrelevant I'll not.

Randomletters
First Sergeant

Postby Randomletters » Fri 25 Jul 2014 04:25

Guggy wrote:And uh... anyone want BTR's tank changes in this? I really enjoy implementing those, as they boost gameplay tremendously I think, but if its seen as irrelevant I'll not.

Sounds like a good idea to me, if you want help adding them in I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Fri 25 Jul 2014 06:44

Help would be appreciated :) But I'm not sure what can be done with two parties sadly. Its just a matter of me sitting down for 4 hours straight and implementing things, sadly :lol:

EDIT: waiting now for some help with the mysterious 2nd tool that was never released, because I forgot how to operate the damn thing :P

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Fri 25 Jul 2014 16:45

Couple of questions.

Can normal multiplayer still be played with this installed?

Also, could you replace the F-4Js in the US Navy battlegroup in the Busan Pocket campaign with F-14s? VF-154 (the F-4J squadron they give you) had transitioned to Tomcats in time frame.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Modding”