Revised Campaign Mod

User avatar
thatAC130
Corporal
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat 8 Oct 2016 07:18
Location: In the W:RD super buff mod
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby thatAC130 » Thu 20 Jul 2017 05:12

Hey there guys! Sorry for being inactive for the past month, just simply got lazy at home and busy at work.
As far as fixing this mod, chances are that I'll have to remake this from scratch (again) and post it as a standalone (and not with the previous versions of the mod, like i did before).

Also, I'll probably post one version with the vanilla campaign pawns and one with changed pawns to properly represent the battlegroup type (reason why I'll do it like this is because changing the battlegroup pawns via the BGM can cause crashes, so the "proper" way to do it would be via the modding suite)

It seems like Freebirdcjb has been working on revising the mod during my absence (thanks a lot!). If you need help with posting the mod, let me or Guggy, or any of the other regulars here know, and we'll be glad to help you!

Also as far as units in the mod, I pretty much copied every battlegroup the same (to the smallest detail, including cohesion and initiative) with the exception of the one in Seoul, since i felt that there would have been both US and ROK forces fighting together on the front lines
Me: Wait, what? You mean to tell me that an AC-130 got shot down by a Strella-2? That's some real Bull-
Friend: NOOOOOOO

timberwolves1992
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue 22 Aug 2017 01:23
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby timberwolves1992 » Tue 22 Aug 2017 01:29

thatAC130 wrote:Hey there guys! Sorry for being inactive for the past month, just simply got lazy at home and busy at work.
As far as fixing this mod, chances are that I'll have to remake this from scratch (again) and post it as a standalone (and not with the previous versions of the mod, like i did before).

Also, I'll probably post one version with the vanilla campaign pawns and one with changed pawns to properly represent the battlegroup type (reason why I'll do it like this is because changing the battlegroup pawns via the BGM can cause crashes, so the "proper" way to do it would be via the modding suite)

It seems like Freebirdcjb has been working on revising the mod during my absence (thanks a lot!). If you need help with posting the mod, let me or Guggy, or any of the other regulars here know, and we'll be glad to help you!

Also as far as units in the mod, I pretty much copied every battlegroup the same (to the smallest detail, including cohesion and initiative) with the exception of the one in Seoul, since i felt that there would have been both US and ROK forces fighting together on the front lines


Hi, I'm just wondering if there has been any progress? This mod makes the game so much more enjoyable for me - however, I keep getting a crash at the end of campaign battles. Its like 50% of the time it crashes while loading to the campaign map. Even more rarely, it gives the same crash when loading a game.

daniel1983
Corporal
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue 29 Dec 2015 19:26
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby daniel1983 » Mon 4 Sep 2017 12:01

timberwolves1992 wrote:
Hi, I'm just wondering if there has been any progress? This mod makes the game so much more enjoyable for me - however, I keep getting a crash at the end of campaign battles. Its like 50% of the time it crashes while loading to the campaign map. Even more rarely, it gives the same crash when loading a game.



yep i have this same i try to save in battle bu not always fix this issue. guys are you planeed some update? more forces for reds...;)

User avatar
ZoidySVK
Specialist
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu 10 Jan 2013 22:45
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby ZoidySVK » Thu 14 Sep 2017 14:38

Hi, i´m trying to make my own campaign based of 2CW vanilla map and i have same problem with crushing after match is done. Is there any hitns what can cause problem. I change almost everything. Nations (for ex. SK is now east germany, Japan is poland, france is CZSK same on opposite side. NK is now west ger with mix of USA, china UK and so on. ) i also change some BG starting positions and of course flags and icons. Thanks for some hints and helps if someone have a clue what can cause the problem.
Image

Guggy
General
Posts: 8621
Joined: Thu 17 Nov 2011 02:53
Location: peaceful skeleton realm
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby Guggy » Mon 18 Sep 2017 20:24

Does it crash after going to the results screen where casualties are shown, or before?

User avatar
ZoidySVK
Specialist
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu 10 Jan 2013 22:45
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby ZoidySVK » Mon 18 Sep 2017 21:24

Guggy wrote:Does it crash after going to the results screen where casualties are shown, or before?


Before result screen. Right after battle is done on loading screen
Image

Guggy
General
Posts: 8621
Joined: Thu 17 Nov 2011 02:53
Location: peaceful skeleton realm
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby Guggy » Wed 20 Sep 2017 17:08

Which units are engaged in the battle? I'm curious if particular casualties could be causing it, or perhaps a crash from the map icon/pawn for the affiliated BG being destroyed.

User avatar
ZoidySVK
Specialist
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu 10 Jan 2013 22:45
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby ZoidySVK » Wed 20 Sep 2017 21:28

Guggy wrote:Which units are engaged in the battle? I'm curious if particular casualties could be causing it, or perhaps a crash from the map icon/pawn for the affiliated BG being destroyed.


A lot of units from W. ger., E. ger., sov, czsk, poland, usa, uk. I cant named it all but it goes full spectrum from btr50 to T72moderna. One unit particulary caused problem with IN game crashing and that was E. german FLAK OSA. wich i changed but it still crash after match is over.

Also i tried change one player BG and one comp BG in CMN campaign for test purpose and it still crash even when i didnt change icon/pawn.

I just cant find any pattern, sometime its crashed sometimes dont. Does´nt really matter if i lose, win or match end with draw.
Attachments
20170918221023_1.jpg
20170918221023_1.jpg (442.04 KiB) Viewed 377 times
20170918221020_1.jpg
20170918221020_1.jpg (828.11 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Image

NByz
Private
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat 26 Apr 2014 02:10
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby NByz » Wed 20 Sep 2017 23:33

Hey - sorry for the noob troubleshooting post, but I've been trying to install these modded files a few times over last three days.

I've focused on following the instructions on the current top post. I've also re-verified then tried each folder and file manually, ensuring that the files overwrite identically named files in the target folders, then verified dates and filesizes.

One caveat is that I seem to both have a [/data/PC/] and a [/data/WARGAME/PC] subfolder with numbered folders within. I've placed the modded files from the top post in both.

I've tested by running the 2nd Korean War campaign for several days, looking for any different unit compositions.

Are there any common pitfalls to installing the modded files?

Or alternatively: how do I know if the modded files have their proper effect? Do the modded units not show up until far later in the campaigns?

User avatar
ZoidySVK
Specialist
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu 10 Jan 2013 22:45
Contact:

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby ZoidySVK » Thu 28 Sep 2017 20:52

https://ufile.io/hydua
https://uploadfiles.io/euema
So this is my SCWcampaing revised mod. You have at your disposal NDR,USSR, CZSK and poland units and you will faced armies of USA,W.Ger., and UK. Try to look at it said what you think
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests