COMThing's Skins v14

User avatar
TheMarraMan
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue 3 Dec 2013 09:11
Location: IN USA
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby TheMarraMan » Mon 30 Jun 2014 13:56

COMThing wrote:Yup. It's one of the things I've always changed, since ALB.


Looks awesome, is that just something you did just for yourself or is it attainable with these skins?

User avatar
GBNATO
General
Posts: 5884
Joined: Sun 14 Apr 2013 12:20
Location: The Republic of Dave
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby GBNATO » Mon 30 Jun 2014 16:25

COMThing wrote:Skins I'm looking at doing include the Stormer and HVM variant, Warrior, the UK Marksmans and the Leopard C2. To me they all seem a bit bland, which also means they will be easy.


I am curious, what do you plan on doing to the Marksman and Stormer? Desert schemes or darker Kosovo style pain jobs? Also, what variant of the marksman are you redoing? the Challenger version looks ugly as sin in black.
Image

User avatar
Mikeboy
General
Posts: 5354
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013 21:59
Location: Democratic People's Republic of Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby Mikeboy » Mon 30 Jun 2014 16:36

GBNATO wrote: the Challenger version looks ugly as sin in black.


Get out. :evil:

:P

User avatar
GBNATO
General
Posts: 5884
Joined: Sun 14 Apr 2013 12:20
Location: The Republic of Dave
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby GBNATO » Mon 30 Jun 2014 16:39

It just looks like nobody bothered to texture it imo, same goes for the Centurion Marksman.
Image

User avatar
COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat 7 Apr 2012 11:54
Location: NZ
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby COMThing » Tue 1 Jul 2014 01:19

TheMarraMan wrote:
COMThing wrote:Yup. It's one of the things I've always changed, since ALB.


Looks awesome, is that just something you did just for yourself or is it attainable with these skins?


From what I've heard model changes can cause desyncs in an unmodded multiplayer game. These are just retextures, so unfortunately the TOWs will be the weapon you see unless you play a modded game.


GBNATO wrote:
COMThing wrote:Skins I'm looking at doing include the Stormer and HVM variant, Warrior, the UK Marksmans and the Leopard C2. To me they all seem a bit bland, which also means they will be easy.


I am curious, what do you plan on doing to the Marksman and Stormer? Desert schemes or darker Kosovo style pain jobs? Also, what variant of the marksman are you redoing? the Challenger version looks ugly as sin in black.


Probably a darker camo skin, I'll try to do both UK Marksmans as well.

User avatar
TheMarraMan
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue 3 Dec 2013 09:11
Location: IN USA
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby TheMarraMan » Wed 2 Jul 2014 00:20

I see, I see. Do you by chance have OR know which mod it is that makes the TOW 2's Hellfires missiles?

User avatar
COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat 7 Apr 2012 11:54
Location: NZ
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby COMThing » Wed 2 Jul 2014 04:05

I'm not sure if there is currently a mod that gives Hellfires to the Super Cobra, those screenshots were taken in a modded release version of the game (v210) which was mostly just me experimenting with things, including the Gr.4 SEAD and vehicle speeds in proportion to infantry.

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=45040

Keep in mind that as it is version 210, bugs that have been fixed in recent patches will still be present. As it is mostly experimentation, it is completely unbalanced as well.

User avatar
pok
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu 8 Sep 2011 14:21
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby pok » Thu 3 Jul 2014 17:22

Tornado ADV F2/F3

is super sexy :D nice

User avatar
GBNATO
General
Posts: 5884
Joined: Sun 14 Apr 2013 12:20
Location: The Republic of Dave
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby GBNATO » Thu 3 Jul 2014 17:28

Is there any way to just get the Tornado F.2 / GR.4 change by itself?

I never use the F.2 as a fighter so it's loss wouldn't affect my ability to play online but as a part of the package deal I pretty much have to restrict myself to skirmish mode.
Image

User avatar
COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat 7 Apr 2012 11:54
Location: NZ
Contact:

Re: COMThing's Skins

Postby COMThing » Fri 4 Jul 2014 03:20

GBNATO wrote:Is there any way to just get the Tornado F.2 / GR.4 change by itself?

I never use the F.2 as a fighter so it's loss wouldn't affect my ability to play online but as a part of the package deal I pretty much have to restrict myself to skirmish mode.


Unfortunately you will have to wait a few days since I used up all my bandwidth on the Steam sales, at the moment I'm stuck with Dial-Up speeds of 15Kbps and the provider charges extra per GB used :|

Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests