Question regrading unit cards

USApatriot
Private

Question regrading unit cards

Postby USApatriot » Fri 9 May 2014 06:52

Hello guys, i'm new to this whole modding scene for wargame, and had a question for you more experienced guys.

Is it possible to change unit cards? If so, how to? I want to change them to add a little bit more flavor to my vietnam decks, but can't find the textures for the life of me.

Thank you!

naizarak
Captain

Re: Question regrading unit cards

Postby naizarak » Fri 9 May 2014 09:27

open ZZ_4.dat
extract commoninterface.ppk using the raw data button
then go to file, open
and open the extracted commoninterface.ppk file(make sure the file drop down box is set to "all files" and not "edat")
then you can extract and replace the weapon/unit card images like normal textures

Akzidenz
Corporal

Re: Question regrading unit cards

Postby Akzidenz » Wed 4 Jun 2014 01:37

naizarak wrote:open ZZ_4.dat
extract commoninterface.ppk using the raw data button
then go to file, open
and open the extracted commoninterface.ppk file(make sure the file drop down box is set to "all files" and not "edat")
then you can extract and replace the weapon/unit card images like normal textures

I know how that works but is there any requirements for the inserted icon image file? Does it have to be in .dds or .png? I've been currently making some unit card icons for the Jap infantry so that they all don't look like monkeys and I've been using ati compressonator to compress the files. I put them in the archive and everything but nothing seems to happen.
"Infantry win wars, tanks win battles, artillery win wars but logistics win all."