How to Add Units into Specialized Decks (with instructions)

baggerbokaie
Corporal

How to Add Units into Specialized Decks (with instructions)

Postby baggerbokaie » Wed 21 May 2014 19:07

Hey guys, I have been messing around with the modding tools for some time now and have become pretty proficient in messing with everything other than maps and unit textures but I wanted to figure out how to add units that would otherwise be unavailable to specialized decks ex: Apaches for Marines, or M1s for Marines or WHATEVER. After messing around with stuff and asking questions (thanks Mikeboy) I found out how. Here is the basic rundown. If you have any questions please let me know via PM or steam message me @ baggerbokaie. Hope this helps.

(Edit)

Ok so with help from Mikeboy and google translate I have figured out how to add a unit to a specialized deck that would otherwise be unavailable. This is how to do it:

*Open everything.ndfbin/UnitAuSol (select the unit you want to add into a specialized deck)
*Once you find the unit that you want to modify, select it. This is where it might be nice to have an additional filemanager.exe opened to reference multiple files.
*What you are going to have to do is find a different unit within the same country that has availability in all specializations or the specialization you want (again: everything.ndfbin/UnitAuSol/(other unit from same country that you are going to reference)
*After you have the unit that you want to mod and the unit that you are going to reference, open up both of their module files by double clicking on them which should open up the modules for the selected unit.
*What you are looking for is the Map: TUnitType module. Look at the identification # of the unit you are referencing (the one that is available in specialized decks) and then use that same localisation # for the unit that you want to mod
*save changes and move over your wargame.exe ect ect...

Ok, now that I have messed around with it some more there are some issues with doing this with certain units. For some reason whenever I make another change, say the cost of a unit, after already altering its availability in a specialized deck some issues arise. However once I validate my cache or put the original modded folder back to its original state then I have no issues. If anyone has had any further experiences with this or any other issues make sure to post them here so we can iron them out.
Last edited by baggerbokaie on Fri 30 May 2014 14:58, edited 2 times in total.
Offensive action is essential to overwhelm one's enemy. Defense is a concept of the past.

Mikeboy
General

Re: Adding Units into Specialized Decks

Postby Mikeboy » Wed 21 May 2014 19:26

UnitType -> Filters.

baggerbokaie
Corporal

Postby baggerbokaie » Wed 21 May 2014 19:30

Mikeboy wrote:UnitType -> Filters.

Please elaborate Mikeboy, I have seen your stuff and know when I am in the presence of greatness! Would really appreciate your step by step if you have time as I have most of it but what do you mean by "filters"?
Offensive action is essential to overwhelm one's enemy. Defense is a concept of the past.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 22 May 2014 03:22

baggerbokaie wrote:

Please elaborate Mikeboy, I have seen your stuff and know when I am in the presence of greatness! Would really appreciate your step by step if you have time as I have most of it but what do you mean by "filters"?

Well there is the filter button on the top right if that is what he is talking about
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Thu 22 May 2014 03:31

The W:AB Noob wrote:
baggerbokaie wrote:

Well there is the filter button on the top right if that is what he is talking about

I continued the conversation with him in PM. I think this question's been answered.

Sireyn
Command Sergeant Major

Re: How to Add Units into Specialized Decks (with instructions)

Postby Sireyn » Wed 9 Sep 2015 22:04

After some difficulty trying to interpret these instructions I've decided to post how I was able to make it work. Thanks a lot to baggerbokaie for getting me started.

There are two things that need to change in order to change unit specializations.
First navigate to the unit you want to modify

(1) Using the Modding Suite open your NDF_Win.dat file for the game's current patch. (...\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\430000610)

(2) Double click on pc\ndf\patchable\gfx\everything.ndfbin

(3) Click on the TUniteAuSolDescriptor class (#81)

(4) Find the unit you want to modify in the Instance column. (Use the filter button on the top right)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(5) The first change is under "UnitTypeTokens". It contains LocalisationHash's which represent each deck specialization. This will affect which filters affect the unit but won't add it to decks on its own.

Step 1.PNG
Step 1
Step 1.PNG (88.76 KiB) Viewed 2173 times

(6) Open "Modules" (#438) and open "Map: TypeUnit: 83:XXXXX (False) - TModuleSelector" (should be the first one in the list)

(7) Open "Default" which should be a TTypeUnitModuleDescriptor (#96)

(8) Open "Filters".

Map 2 contains Cat restrictions (Make sure you change the Production Year as well)
[41E22D4DD9380000] - CAT C (Pre 1980)
[46E22D4DD9380000] - CAT B (Pre 1985)
[81E22D4DD9380000] - CAT A (1986+)

Map 3 contains the Localization Hash's for deck specializations.
[0BB7685ED9380000] - Airborne
[8BD43C9757360E00] - Mechanized
[23B8605ED9380000] - Marine
[5E767965E3000000] - Motorized
[5C76718B57360E00] - Armored
[DAD77965E3000000] - Support

Naval specialization seems like something special and doesn't appear to use this same system.

Step 2.PNG
Step 2
Step 2.PNG (235.32 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
Last edited by Sireyn on Wed 16 Sep 2015 16:32, edited 2 times in total.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: How to Add Units into Specialized Decks (with instructions)

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 10 Sep 2015 04:25

For some reason, I thought deck spec was in TypeUnit...

EDIT: Oh wait that's for filters. If you want to change a unit's deck spec, change it in TypeUnit too.
I haven't modded RD in so long...
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Return to “Modding”