Is it yet possible to mod...

Panzerjäger
Corporal

Is it yet possible to mod...

Postby Panzerjäger » Fri 23 May 2014 11:02

Hi, could somebody please tell me if it is possible to mod these aspects of the game at all:

• The flight speed of artillery shells and rockets, so they reach their target area faster/slower.

• The FX effects to change/remove artillery explosions.

EDIT: Please move/merge to "Modding Questions Thread", sorry I didn't see it! :oops:

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Is it yet possible to mod...

Postby COMThing » Fri 23 May 2014 11:10

Panzerjäger wrote:Hi, could somebody please tell me if it is possible to mod these aspects of the game at all:

• The flight speed of artillery shells and rockets, so they reach their target area faster/slower.

EDIT: Please move/merge to "Modding Questions Thread", sorry I didn't see it! :oops:

I believe it is possible in the corresponding "Action" within the ApparenceModel. I know it is possible to do with bombs, so it should be possible for all others. The only problem, although minor is that it does so for all weapons that use the effect.

Panzerjäger
Corporal

Postby Panzerjäger » Fri 23 May 2014 12:57

COMThing wrote:
Panzerjäger wrote:Hi, could somebody please tell me if it is possible to mod these aspects of the game at all:

I believe it is possible in the corresponding "Action" within the ApparenceModel. I know it is possible to do with bombs, so it should be possible for all others. The only problem, although minor is that it does so for all weapons that use the effect.

Thanks for the reply, was it for the first point or the second?

I want to tinker with the speed of shells and also remove the ugly/unrealistic white shell pencils that streak across sky :D

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Fri 23 May 2014 14:14

Modding projectile speeds for artillery also makes the trajectory straighter.