T-72B/B1 with Explosive Reactive Armour! [REL v.345]

NATO Potato
Captain

Re: T-72B/B1 with Explosive Reactive Armour! [REL v.345]

Postby NATO Potato » Sat 31 May 2014 05:13

Bryan wrote:
NATO Potato wrote:
Bryan wrote:I checked the desync, it seems fine on my end, all my NDF files are 6mb. I think the desync issue only applies to the WILK version, not so sure about whether it applies to the Obr 1987 version. I tried both, both are fine.....but I currently use the 87 version no problems.... :?

Don't forget to back up your original NDF file incase of a mishap.

really? mine was 19.5... :shock:

maybe custom skins increase the size of the file? only thing I could possibly think of. This one is a mystery to me lol

Yeah...I use custom skins too.....weird.....still 6mb....

well, I just got a desync with the obr87 so...

Ritterlich
Warrant Officer

Postby Ritterlich » Sat 31 May 2014 07:42

I just checked again after verifying all gamefiles, the standard .345 NDF file without any mods whatsoever is at 19.5MB. The modfile is much smaller, at around 6MB, which could indicate there may be some data missing.

I had noticed irregularities during several matches before that, so there were probably multiple desyncs. The last desync I can confirm as 100%ish has happened. The game itself did not notice, neither did it give me any warning, nor tell me it was running asynchronous. :(

Addendum: To clarify, I was playing with 3 other dudes in a team at that time, with a quite active culture of constant vocal intel and teamwork, that is the only way to notice. The last session went on +20minutes after the game put me on the victory screen.

Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Vasto » Sat 31 May 2014 10:34

Ritterlich wrote:Is this because of this fileswap? I only used "West Germany skins" by modder Vasto beside that. He claims his skin-exchange was MP compatible. The fileswap of this mod seems much more radical. However, I am not sure, I may be wrong. The original file is 19mb, the file you provide around 6mb, btw.

It's not that I just "claim" that skin mods are MP compatible, but after nearly an 8 months of using those by many different people and don’t seeing even a single desync report during that time, I'm pretty sure that skin swaps don't have any negative effect on multiplayer.

As for the NDF_wind.dat changes, we are not sure about this one, since it's a file which holds main gameplay data. Theoretically It should be ok, to change there some visual appearance values, but after your reports it looks like it isn't such a sure thing, which is sad, though it's good that this discovery has been made. Of course I'm not a 100% sure that it's a fault of this mod, so If somebody could post here any further observations, it would be great, as this would give us further knowledge what actually we can mod safely and what not.

As for the size of those NDF files, the original NDF_Win.dat should be something around 20MB. The modified one has 6MB. This smaller size is not a result of missing data, but a result of different compression level which is used when saving a modified NDF file.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 31 May 2014 10:41

This should have not caused a desync unless there is another module related to models that we don't know about. Also, and NDF file is made up of several .ndfbin's, and with Vasto's installer, you can replace just one of the ndfbin's without having to upload/download a huge file. I don't know if Bryan used that installer though.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Vasto » Sat 31 May 2014 10:55

Actually a way in which the NDF_Win.dat was here modified (with the modding suite or installer) doesn't make any difference to eventual desyncs.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sat 31 May 2014 11:52

Soooo...my model swap did not cause the desyncs? But I just played 3-4 games perfectly fine........

Arghhhh!!!!!!

Let me sort it out....

Edit: OKAY
I think I solved it. Instead of using my own double dipped NDF files, I am using a fresh NDF file that was kindly provided by WAB NOOB. Now if it works out, I will do the Obr 1989/ T-90S.

Ritterlich
Warrant Officer

Postby Ritterlich » Sat 31 May 2014 12:31

Hey,
I didnt want to step on your toes Vasto, I merely meant the "he claims it was compatible" part as a quote.

Btw, I first swapped the file with Bryans file, then installed Vasto's with his installer. If you guys say there is no mp compatibility problem, I'll reinstall them and hope for the best. I was using the first iteration of the WILK version btw.

Edit: Bryan, that's great! I will reinstall it! Are the different versions included (that means, several model swaps in one file, such as T72B for 1987/Wilk and 1989 for T90S?)

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sat 31 May 2014 14:08

If the desyncs do not persist, I will do the T-72 Obr1989 swap with the T-90.

Also, I un-privated the files.....I don't know why Google keeps making them private!!! ARGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Vasto » Sat 31 May 2014 14:17

Ritterlich wrote:Hey,
I didnt want to step on your toes Vasto, I merely meant the "he claims it was compatible" part as a quote.

No problem, I just wanted to say that skin mods have become quite popular, and they have been available for quite a long time, and we haven't had any desync reports, so we can be pretty sure they don't cause any issues.

As for the eventual model swap issue, It would be great if we actually could sort out whether it is safe to modify those values or not. I would be very grateful for any further input about this issue.

So if there are people who don't mind to test it and post here their experience, it would be very helpful for modders.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sat 31 May 2014 14:34

I have had no problems with my T-72 Obr 1987 conversions and even my Unimog/stolly swap.

Return to “Modding”