The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.4.2) [THE ULTIMATE SANDBOX]

Erica Hawk
Private

Re: The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.4.2) [THE ULTIMATE SANDBOX]

Postby Erica Hawk » Fri 13 Apr 2018 03:00

hi im Erica and is there a manual way to install sandbox mod for 510057270? Wanted to test out the mod burrowing the game from my friend!

dmitryshapo
Private First-Class

Postby dmitryshapo » Sat 21 Apr 2018 21:51

Is this mod Dead ??? I hope to see an ability to play both sides at same time (You vs You) so i can create some war movies on the game engine.

Weasy Mac
Private

Postby Weasy Mac » Mon 30 Apr 2018 14:00

Can someone help me? I'm looking for a way to add starting points options or customize existing ones. I know this mod makes it possible to choose 9999 sp., so is it possible to change the game files or anything? Thanks.

Maliciousupload
Private

Postby Maliciousupload » Mon 30 Apr 2018 15:40

SUMMARY: Can't get it to work, I want to edit the map supply points by hand. Are the instructions at the bottom all I need to know?

I don't know how active this mod community is anymore but I've tried finding any useful info elsewhere with no luck.

My issue is that upon installing this mod with either just the "points and supply" option or all of them selected I can not play a match without it auto winning as soon as I press the "launch battle" button.

I have tried on numerous different maps, tried different amounts of AI, different game modes, not placing any units at all, played the campaign to see if it needs a mission done there to allow me to play skirmish, fresh install of both this mod and W:RD.... Pretty much anything you could suggest I have tried.

I have since given up trying to figure out a solution and would rather just edit the starting points manually myself to mitigate the chances of it messing up again.

As I have seen in the beginning of this topic he did explain how to edit these numbers by hand but I want to know if there is anything else I should keep in mind while doing this.
(Yes I have downloaded the editing software already)

"pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin, TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo. The first maps are regular multiplier maps, instances 129-129 are the 10 vs 10's, and everything after that is for campaign situations."

Weasy Mac
Private

Postby Weasy Mac » Mon 30 Apr 2018 18:37

Weasy Mac wrote:Can someone help me? I'm looking for a way to add starting points options or customize existing ones. I know this mod makes it possible to choose 9999 sp., so is it possible to change the game files or anything? Thanks.

OK so I'm guessing the file Im looking for is mappoints.xml, but I'm still having some problems applying the script. I have no experience scripting/modding so maybe someone can help. Here's what I've done already:

>changed some values in mappoints.xml in the EXECUTE folder
>took the NDF_Win file from Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\510064564 folder and put it in 'files' folder
>ran the Execute.bat and waited till it finished
>then I took the new 'NDF_Win - patched.dat' file and replaced it with the aforementioned NDF file from the steam folder and renamed it

Done all this and it still doesnt seem to work. Am I missing something?

Weasy Mac
Private

Postby Weasy Mac » Mon 30 Apr 2018 20:16

Ok i solved it. I didnt change the values properly I guess. My custom starting points work now.
Unfortunately theres another problem which is the same Maliciousupload has. I start a skirmish game and as soon as it starts I win. What gives?

Also why does it take 5000 hours for my post to go online on here? wth

Weasy Mac
Private

Postby Weasy Mac » Mon 30 Apr 2018 21:17

I've managed to change the starting points in the lobby but the problem now is that the custom number only applies to me. So if I put lets say 300 in the file I'm the only with 300 starting points and the other teams have way more points than me.
I've found 'TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo' file also has something to do with starting points but I don't know what the difference is and changing the values in there doesn't seem change numbers in game. This time I'm really at my wits end.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Tue 1 May 2018 15:52

Weasy Mac wrote:Also why does it take 5000 hours for my post to go online on here? wth
Your first two posts must be reviewed and approved manually by a moderator (which may take some time in case of weekends / holidays such as today). This is unfortunately necessary to prevent spammers from flooding the forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, note that the mod creator / topic OP is currently inactive and thus may respond late (if at all). General modding questions are more suited to be asked in Modding Questions Thread.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

lastcrusade101
Sergeant First-Class

Postby lastcrusade101 » Fri 18 May 2018 00:29

1: The mod hasn't been updated in a while but neither has the base game. There is no need to find a new update for it since more or less support for this game is over.

2: If you made your own edits to this, and now it isn't working, its not like anyone else can fix it for you lol. Try asking in the modding help thread, linked so generously by the one above me
120 Smooth-bore > 120 Rifled

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 26 May 2018 22:14

Erica Hawk wrote:hi im Erica and is there a manual way to install sandbox mod for 510057270? Wanted to test out the mod burrowing the game from my friend!

On the ModDb page I still have all of the old versions up. Download the one titled "Sandbox Mod 5.0 (57270) [PC] *OUTDATED*" I don't think it has some of the newest features.

dmitryshapo wrote:Is this mod Dead ??? I hope to see an ability to play both sides at same time (You vs You) so i can create some war movies on the game engine.

The current version works but I'm not developing anymore. Unfortunately, while I would have loved for your idea to become a reality, I think it's impossible given our current tools. I tried my best to do this by putting every unit on one side so that you can control any unit, they just won't fire at each other unless you have another person playing.

Weasy Mac wrote:Can someone help me? I'm looking for a way to add starting points options or customize existing ones. I know this mod makes it possible to choose 9999 sp., so is it possible to change the game files or anything? Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=42266&start=70#p541488
Look here for further basic manual modding questions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rRj ... hnhqI/edit

Maliciousupload wrote:SUMMARY: Can't get it to work, I want to edit the map supply points by hand. Are the instructions at the bottom all I need to know?

I don't know how active this mod community is anymore but I've tried finding any useful info elsewhere with no luck.

My issue is that upon installing this mod with either just the "points and supply" option or all of them selected I can not play a match without it auto winning as soon as I press the "launch battle" button.

I have tried on numerous different maps, tried different amounts of AI, different game modes, not placing any units at all, played the campaign to see if it needs a mission done there to allow me to play skirmish, fresh install of both this mod and W:RD.... Pretty much anything you could suggest I have tried.

I have since given up trying to figure out a solution and would rather just edit the starting points manually myself to mitigate the chances of it messing up again.

As I have seen in the beginning of this topic he did explain how to edit these numbers by hand but I want to know if there is anything else I should keep in mind while doing this.
(Yes I have downloaded the editing software already)

"pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin, TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo. The first maps are regular multiplier maps, instances 129-129 are the 10 vs 10's, and everything after that is for campaign situations."

Ugh, that fatal autowinning bug... So it comes in points and supply, interesting. If I am reading correctly the thing you want to change is the same as the answer I provided above.

Weasy Mac wrote:Ok i solved it. I didnt change the values properly I guess. My custom starting points work now.
Unfortunately theres another problem which is the same Maliciousupload has. I start a skirmish game and as soon as it starts I win. What gives?

Also why does it take 5000 hours for my post to go online on here? wth

Oh, it's in the staring points specifically? Sorry, I had the same issues and IDK how to fix it.

Weasy Mac wrote:I've managed to change the starting points in the lobby but the problem now is that the custom number only applies to me. So if I put lets say 300 in the file I'm the only with 300 starting points and the other teams have way more points than me.
I've found 'TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo' file also has something to do with starting points but I don't know what the difference is and changing the values in there doesn't seem change numbers in game. This time I'm really at my wits end.

Really? I thought that starting points is the same for all players. And I don't remember a TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo file, what is the extention? (eg .dat .ndfbin) Hm, maybe I can solve this when I get back home.

I'll be back in about 2 weeks, and I'll be happy to work with any of you guys to try to solve your modding problems.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Return to “Modding”