The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.4.4) [Infinite Naval]

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: The W:RD Sandbox Mod (4.2)

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 27 Jul 2016 10:37

Okay guys, sorry I haven't been posting here for a while.

Kilogrand wrote:I'm having some trouble with this mod and I'm not quite sure why.

The problems I'm having start with a normal Skirmish if I select 99999 staring points it will give me only 5,000
Sometimes, when you start a lobby, the menu might say 999999 pts, but you have to reselect it to actually make it work. Dunno why.

Kilogrand wrote:there are a few other things that I've noted, after reading through this post I've noticed that Skirmish mode should be called Spam mode and in my case it is not
That feature was removed some time ago.

Kilogrand wrote:additionally I do not have any indications that the mod is installed other than the starting points.
Your other problems sound like it is installed. Are 10 vs 10 maps unlocked?

Kilogrand wrote:Like many others my armory is blank and I am unable to create decks but that's not really a problem.
To all people reporting this: This is not a problem. You can still the neccesary coalition decks. It is a known bug, but it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Kilogrand wrote:I run the game on Steam and I just purchased it the other day.
Well, I hope you enjoy it!

Kilogrand wrote:Edit: I did solve the point problem partially, I do not have access to all the vehicles however but I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to? The units do drop off after so many I can't bring in anymore of that particular unit.

I probably should have made this more clear in the OP. You can only have 15 deck cards in each category (even though you only see 9).

wakabubbles wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:Earlier versions had instant reload and infinite resupply range, but people didn't like it so I took it off.

Is it possible to include it in the next update that gives us the option to install that or not? After a patch comes out of course. That would be awesome. Only if it isn't too much work. Thanks!
It's a bit of work, but you can use the Sandbox XML tool to apply it to your mod.

Comrade_Pizza wrote:The game always crash when I start a match. How do I fix it? Thanks!
Weird. Are you using a PC? What map and decks were you using? Was there an AI?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.4 Click -> Image

lastcrusade101
Sergeant First-Class

Postby lastcrusade101 » Tue 9 Aug 2016 16:47

So I did some trouble shooting, and I finally completely did away with any crashes. Simply put, a vast majority of categories I put 10 or more units into would make it crash. I'm not entirely sure why. Naval and Air categories are GTG for overstacking, however, Maybe this will help some of you guys that are experiencing crashes.

As always, thanks for all your hard work, Noob. You keep me playing this game long after I would have dropped it.
120 Smooth-bore > 120 Rifled

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 9 Aug 2016 17:54

lastcrusade101 wrote:So I did some trouble shooting, and I finally completely did away with any crashes. Simply put, a vast majority of categories I put 10 or more units into would make it crash. I'm not entirely sure why. Naval and Air categories are GTG for overstacking, however, Maybe this will help some of you guys that are experiencing crashes.

As always, thanks for all your hard work, Noob. You keep me playing this game long after I would have dropped it.

I'll take a look at that for the next patch. Thanks for the info, it helps me a lot.

It's always good to see that people like Sandbox ;)

nightkilla23
Corporal

Postby nightkilla23 » Tue 9 Aug 2016 23:51

I love this mod and really enjoy everything it offers. It's perfect since I mainly on play skirmish, and love that I can play 10v10 maps. But whenever I am trying to load Gjoll, it crashes midway through the loading screen, yet this doesn't occur on Asgard. Is there any way I can fix this? I don't have the income mod if that means anything.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 10 Aug 2016 02:19

This is a problem on Eugen's side. Many people have reported the bug to them, but they haven't patched it yet. The Sandbox Mod has nothing to do with the crash.

Thanks for informing though. :)

nightkilla23
Corporal

Postby nightkilla23 » Wed 10 Aug 2016 04:17

How long will it take you to update the sandbox mod once they do release a patch for it? Just got this game and really want to do a Vietnam skirmish on gjoll.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 10 Aug 2016 16:33

Vietnam War sandbox sounds fun :P

Try the 4vs4 map Heartbreak Ridge. It is the same map as Gjoll, but with different zones. Cold War Z and A Maze in Japan are also really good Vietnam maps.

lastcrusade101
Sergeant First-Class

Postby lastcrusade101 » Wed 10 Aug 2016 18:03

Real talk, I have actual hundreds of decks at this point for dozens of hypothetical Cold War-esque situations, complete with period correct names for said decks (The contents are inaccurate of course, kuz I want Tomcats in Vietnam damn it! [Given date for it in game is 1974, which is when the US completed withdrawal, so TECHNICALLY...]). Having my 7. Panzerdivision fight the 10th Mot.Shut.Div. at the Iron Curtain, or killing Norkies in a fictional 1980 naval invasion... I really can't thank you enough for this mod, Noob!!!
120 Smooth-bore > 120 Rifled

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 10 Aug 2016 20:31

Great to hear! (IIRC, F-14's were only deployed for CAP during the withdrawl and were never in combat in Vietnam.)

If you have hundreds of decks, there is a chance that you might want to back up your profile, because if Eugen releases a patch and you accidentally start the game without installing Sandbox first, you will lose a good chunk of them. There is an automatic profile backup program in the download.

TL1999
Private First-Class

Postby TL1999 » Fri 12 Aug 2016 21:40

Why i cant see tanks,infantrie,... in naval slots when i fight

Return to “Modding”