BTR's stats: T-34 proof of concept

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Re: BTR's stats: T-34 proof of concept

Postby Seer7 » Wed 11 Jun 2014 20:54

Mikeboy wrote:
Seer7 wrote:Image
Well, tried adopting arty-esque stats to simulate the ready rack and it worked perfectly. I gave it 10r/m just for testing purposes, so it was popping T-34 after T-34 until it ran out of its 17 ready rounds, and faced a 30s reload time. The only problem is it completely breaks the ammunition counter for some reason.

Edit: looking at the AMX-13/90 entry I might be able to fix this by giving AMPS the same value as NTPS. There's probably some formula for calculating ammunition consumption here. Looks like TempsEntreDeuxFx should be the same as TempsEntreDeuxTirs...perhaps that's the key. Doesn't seem to matter, ends up giving me 680 ammo for some reason.

Yup, that's your problem. On low RoF average munition per salvo should be the same as number of shots per salvo. You only want those to be different on things with high RoFs like autocannons and plane guns.

You're getting 680 ammo because you haven't adjusted the number of salvoes. For example a default salvo only has 1 shot, so there's 30 salvoes for 30 shots. So to get the same total number of shots with 'autoloading', you need only 2 salvoes of 15.

This is way too complicated for me after not much sleep. Before I changed AffichageMunitionsParSalve to 17 it was displaying the correct ammo of 40, it just wasn't counting it correctly. Now that I changed it to 17 it gives me 680 on the counter. So I think AMPS should be 1, its something else is screwing it up.

Edit: I think I know what it is. Just to see what happened, I set the M1A2 to the same firing stats as the AMX-13/90...and it set the ammo to 480. So the stats I'm entering are fine, I've just got the wrong ammunition value for the gun.

Edit 2: I was right. This presents something of a problem. If I set gun ammo to 2, it gives me 34. If I set it to 3 it gives me 51. It doesn't take decimal places so getting 40 precisely seems impossible because it would be like 2.35 roughly. I think I've spent enough time on this problem for now and I'll get some sleep. If anyone has any ideas feel free to post them 'cause I don't see authentic ammo levels under this system being possible. I did make sure both guns (KE & HE) were using the same values, so its not that.

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Wed 11 Jun 2014 21:28

Did the arty style reload have an effect on morale? If not, then there is no way to differentiate between autoloader and manual loaders. Hmm, any other way around?

As for ammo values, one or two rounds difference don't change the overall picture I think.

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Postby Seer7 » Wed 11 Jun 2014 21:44

BTR wrote:Did the arty style reload have an effect on morale? If not, then there is no way to differentiate between autoloader and manual loaders. Hmm, any other way around?

As for ammo values, one or two rounds difference don't change the overall picture I think.

Someone always seems to catch me just as I'm logging off. ;)

I imagine it does. Easiest way to test that would be to use the AMX-13/90: it uses the same arty-style reload I made up; I only checked out the AMX after I ran into trouble. I'm kinda chuffed I figured out the system Eugen are using without spoilers. :) I always wondered why the AMX had 36 ammo compared to the usual multiple of 5 and this explains why. As for ammo levels its literally multiples of the salvo number, so 17 rounds in a salvo times 2 ammo = 34 rounds displayed in the armoury. 2 salvos of 17. I suppose for gameplay purposes you can just give tanks 2 of their 'ready' salvos. Non-authentic but it would work. I swear I'm gone after this, catch you later.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Wed 11 Jun 2014 21:47

BTR wrote:Did the arty style reload have an effect on morale? If not, then there is no way to differentiate between autoloader and manual loaders. Hmm, any other way around?

According to Vasily morale only effects time between salvoes and not time between shots.

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Thu 12 Jun 2014 10:52

FLX was specifically interested in ready rack, so perhaps some sort of a new module, or other "workaround" might get added in the big patch that's coming.

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Postby Seer7 » Thu 12 Jun 2014 16:00

I've asked Soundwolf some questions, so hopefully I'll soon know how to adjust morale. I forgot to ask him about turn speeds but that can wait.

Edit: unfortunately he can't help me right away for personal reasons, so until he does I don't see further progress being made.

Randomletters
First Sergeant

Postby Randomletters » Sat 14 Jun 2014 05:42

Mikeboy wrote:According to Vasily morale only effects time between salvoes and not time between shots.

I'm reasonably sure someone from Eugen confirmed that a loooong time ago, and even if they hadn't it's very easy to test.

BTR wrote:FLX was specifically interested in ready rack, so perhaps some sort of a new module, or other "workaround" might get added in the big patch that's coming.

Without overhauling or adding new functionality I don't think that's possible.

Seer7 wrote:I've asked Soundwolf some questions, so hopefully I'll soon know how to adjust morale. I forgot to ask him about turn speeds but that can wait.

Edit: unfortunately he can't help me right away for personal reasons, so until he does I don't see further progress being made.

Turn speeds are set for individual turrets in their instance, they are modified ingame by TPhysicalDamageEffects and TModernWarfareExperienceLevelDescriptor.

What specifically are you wondering about morale? The maluses for suppression damage are all easily editable under TSuppressDamageEffects.

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Postby Seer7 » Sat 14 Jun 2014 14:07

Randomletters wrote:Turn speeds are set for individual turrets in their instance, they are modified ingame by TPhysicalDamageEffects and TModernWarfareExperienceLevelDescriptor.

What specifically are you wondering about morale? The maluses for suppression damage are all easily editable under TSuppressDamageEffects.

Well I didn't know that. ;) Thanks for the info. I should have guessed suppression and morale were basically the same thing. I'll have a play around with these and see what happens.