Commander Name Mod [RELEASED]

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Commander Name Mod [RELEASED]

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 8 Jul 2014 04:08

This mod was originally for my SOCOM mod, but why not spread the love? The mod will replace the "commander" names of any unit from only the US faction. Now for some "Q and A"...

Q. Will this affect my multiplayer game experience?
A. Since all text in this game is localized, changing text will not affect multiplayer or singleplayer, and will not show up on another player's screen.

Q. Will we have to keep downloading updated versions?
A. The type of file that this mod replaces is unlikely to ever get patched by Eugen. Therefore, there will never be and never need to be an update.

Q. Does this work for all Wargame languages?
A. For now, this only works for people playing with English.

Q. Why only US forces?
A. This was meant for my SOCOM mod which mainly focuses on US Special Forces. I do not plan expanding this to other countries.

Q. So what are the new names?
A.
Spoiler : Taken right from the modded game files :

Q. Can I have my name in the mod?
A. This is only patch 1.0, and I will probably add more names once in a while. Just post below to request. Also, I might make more mods listing Marshals, YouTubers, or people on the Forum in general.

Q. Is this a huge download for my computer?
A. It's 2.4MB, relatively small, and much of the data is only background pictures for the installer.

Q. Should I back up any files before downloading?
A. I highly recommend making a copy of the original file named ZZ_Win.dat in the folder Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\430000210

Q. How do I install this mod?
A. Just download from the link, extract the folder, go to Commander Name Mod Install\WRD Install, and start the Setup.exe. It will be simple from there.

Q. Why is the install so poorly made?
A. This is my first time using it successfully, and the first time I ever wrote code.

Q. Should I be looking forward to any other mods?
A. Yes! The SOCOM Mod will be awesome, especially if you like tactics!

DOWNLOAD: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/warg ... 53002.html
Last edited by The W:AB Noob on Sat 12 Jul 2014 04:37, edited 3 times in total.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Darkmil
Brigadier

Re: Commander Name Mod [RELEASED]

Postby Darkmil » Tue 8 Jul 2014 04:35

Nice I see kiheerSEDMAN is in the mod too :)
Apart from modder how did you choose the names ?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 8 Jul 2014 05:06

Darkmil wrote:Nice I see kiheerSEDMAN is in the mod too :)
Apart from modder how did you choose the names ?

I knew this question would be asked...

I intended to do this in W:AB, and I wrote down a list then, which is why there are so many people here who do not mod anymore. By scanning through the forums, I tried to see who contributed the most to the community, and there are still probably many modders I missed. I am open to suggestions. Hotrod525 got on here because we both (mostly him) worked on Project Maple Resolve, a mod that I bet nobody remembers now. He isn't active anymore, but I did show him a picture on Steam chat:
Spoiler : The Steam chat transcript :
Monday, July 07, 2014 -

The W:RD Noob: http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae32 ... a41902.jpg
iceman_qc: this?
iceman_qc: btw High Mobility Wheeled Vehicle is HUMVEE
The W:RD Noob: yeah
The W:RD Noob: do you see the guy's name?
The W:RD Noob: ther driver's name
iceman_qc: oooh
iceman_qc: hahahaha
iceman_qc: x) daf*ck
The W:RD Noob: : )

kiheerSEDMAN helped me a ton when I was trying to make the W:AB Movie/Sandbox mod. Technically, he barely modded though. While the commander name mod is gonna stay mostly like this, the files in my SOCOM mod are gonna pay tribute to others who have helped me with the Movie mod and the SOCOM mod including alphazulu90, Litebrite, Awesome Cup, shomu1, Gabriel_Colt, and others.

Jr54c is my modding partner and friend IRL, but he never made an account on the forums. If you see pictures of my modding adventures like making a D-Day, the huge naval battle, the largest MLRS spam that even makes the Russians nervous, you would probably see both of our names. When I play W:RD, I am usually with him, spamming until we ragequit.

MadMat and Shifu are on there because if they weren't, I would be perma-banned from the forums.

Man, talking about all these people I know makes me reminisce about the good old times...

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 8 Jul 2014 19:54

Mod is released.

Return to “Modding”