Welcome to project Wargame Metro

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant

Welcome to project Wargame Metro

Postby h4didact4532 » Tue 26 Aug 2014 12:22

Alright rangers, guards and citizens grab your MGRs and donate to to the Wargame Metro project.

Since I have recently completed my LL ranger hardcore save I came up with a side project of making a metro mod for wargame. For any who have played the metro series you know what its based around and is infantry combat heavy with few if any working vehicles used for combat. I am going to attempt to bring metro combat to wargame for two reasons.

1) I know how to mod Wargame

2) I don't know how to mod COH if thats possible

So far I have most the units renamed and the weapons names set.

So with all that out of the way lets get to the factions and units

Rangers of the Order(Poland)

Beretey 90 = Ranger Standard squad. Weapons: Kalash, Valve, RPK
Kommandosi= Ranger Heavy Combat Squad. Weapons: Kalash 2012, Valve, Azbats

Formoza = Light Ranger Recon. Sniper squad using MGRs for a bit of extra power. Weapons: MGR Valve, Lolife FA Adapter
Recce = Anna and Artyom. A heavy Sniper squad armed with the Preved Anti-Material rifle. Weapons: Preved, Kalash

Stengths: Extremely well armed with the best of the best and the only faction to have a true LMG. Also comes with either veteran or elite status for being the best of the best
Weaknesses: Has the lowest avalibility of any faction with every 5 red line squads for every one 1 ranger squad

Red Line(USSR)

Motostrelki = Light Red squad. Weapons: Bastard, Duplet, Valve
Motostelki 90 = Heavy Red Combat Squad. Weapons: Kalash, Saiga-12, VSV

Spetsnaz VMF = Red Line sniper squad. An extremely special unit. Weapons: Clapper(AKA Silenced VSSK Vychlop), AKS-74U. (Due to the fact in the only mission where you can use the mighty clapper the red line sniper using it claims its the only one in the metro you get one card of 1 unit)
Sapery = Red Line chemical squad. Weapons: Flamethrower, Bastard SMG

Pekhota = Red Line Guard Squad. Weapons: Bastard SMG, Duplet

Strengths: Has the most amount of avalability out of the 3 factions, Have a very good Sniper team if used right, have the only flamethrower of the 3, Heavy Combat squad is quite decent and comes in large number to boot.
Weaknesses: Due to poor training conditions and most soldiers being new recruits they have lower accuracy and morale compared to others. Forces only come in Rookie or Trained with the sniper squad coming one at elite and the heavy squad having only hardened in decent amounts.

Fourth Reich(E-Germany)
Not being offensive here this is the name of a faction

Mot-Schutzen = Reich Combat Squad. Weapons: Kalash, Uboinik/Shambler, Valve
Mot-Schutzen 90 = Reich Shock Trooper/Surface Squad(still deciding on the name). Weapons: Kalash 2012, Gatling, Medved

Kampfschwimmer = Reich Sniper Team. Weapons: MGR Valve, Bastard SMG, Lolife

RESERVESCHÜTZEN = Reich Guard Squad. Weapons: Kalash, Bastard SMG, Revolver

Strengths: Very well trained right in between the Reds and the Rangers. Squads come in either Hardened or Veteran with Surface squads coming at Elite but in tiny numbers. Have the Gatling HMG making them deadly against anything living. Are better equpped then the reds but tailing just behind the rangers.
Weaknesses: Come in few numbers, are slower then others due to heavier armor, and have no heavy sniper rifle.

keebs63 wrote:Here's what I made for Hansa:

Hansa Troopers (AKA Vysadkari '90) AK74 (Kalash), Shambler, Revolver

Hansa Heavy Squad (AKA Specialni Jednotky '90) Kalash 2012, Azbatz, VSV or Medved

Hansa Sniper (AKA Pruzkuminuci) VSV, Tihar or a modded Kalash or VSV w/ scope

Also, Hansa is the economic powerhouse of the metro, and its soldiers are notoriously well armed, as they are one of the few factions that can afford high end weapons and Hansa's high value (They control the ring of stations that provide access from the inner to outer stations and vice versa). The position Hansa is in gives the largest trading hubs in the metro.

I recommend average availability at hardened-veteran and elite status for the Sniper. Being the economic powerhouse it is and the notoriously well equipped units, I would recommend MGR for the Heavy Squad and Sniper, and possibly the Troopers as well. BTW, with the Rangers discovering the D6 surplus and the obscene amount of MGR they have I recommend MGR for them as well.

As for vehicles in Metro 2033 the Rangers do have a surface vehicle. In LL the Reich is also shown to have one resembling a WW2 halftrack(I think). Not much for the red line in that department but Ill scrounge something up hopefully.

So any ways we have the 4 possibly 5 factions

The Rangers
The Red Line
The Fourth Reich
Hansa

Possible

Bandits

Each with their own specs.

I also have a uniqe idea for the shotguns.

Ill try to get out the first release soon.

I forgot I had this picture from last week when I started.

http://imgur.com/iBGFoym
Last edited by h4didact4532 on Fri 29 Aug 2014 12:49, edited 6 times in total.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other b*****d die for his" George S Patton

Woozle
Captain

Re: Welcome to project Wargame Metro

Postby Woozle » Tue 26 Aug 2014 12:41

Very interesting concept but what about transports?

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant

Postby h4didact4532 » Tue 26 Aug 2014 12:51

h4didact4532 wrote:As for vehicles in Metro 2033 the Rangers do have a surface vehicle. In LL the Reich is also shown to have one resembling a WW2 halftrack(I think). Not much for the red line in that department but Ill scrounge something up hopefully.
Woozle wrote:Very interesting concept but what about transports?

Seeing as how you can't exacly get what is shown in game Ill give each faction either trucks or something else.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other b*****d die for his" George S Patton

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Tue 26 Aug 2014 14:26

I must say I'm quite sceptical...
Sure Wargame is a great game, but infantry fighting is not that impressive..., What wargame manages well is vehicles fights, and I don't see too many in your mod.
But who know ? I hope you'll success in your mod and maybe mod the infantry gameplay for better ! ;)

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 26 Aug 2014 14:32

Well this sounds very interesting (especially after reading the plot on Wikipedia).
I just hope this doesn't go dead.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant

Postby h4didact4532 » Tue 26 Aug 2014 14:35

The W:AB Noob wrote:Well this sounds very interesting (especially after reading the plot on Wikipedia).

Hopefully I will have at least the name and stats done just don't expect anything picture wise. I draw like a poor mans picasso

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 27 Aug 2014 00:35

h4didact4532 wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:Well this sounds very interesting (especially after reading the plot on Wikipedia).

Hopefully I will have at least the name and stats done just don't expect anything picture wise. I draw like a poor mans picasso

I think I found something, looks like the forums are on your side!
(Hint: look way, way down on any page of the forums) :lol:

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant

Postby h4didact4532 » Wed 27 Aug 2014 01:15

The W:AB Noob wrote:
h4didact4532 wrote:

I think I found something, looks like the forums are on your side!
(Hint: look way, way down on any page of the forums) :lol:

Well I see the "users viewing this" bar but only notable modder is COMTHING and dies he not have his own mods to tend to?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 27 Aug 2014 01:18

I mean down down down down. It says:
"phpBB Metro Theme by PixelGoose Studio"

I just thought it was funny.

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant

Postby h4didact4532 » Wed 27 Aug 2014 02:54

Here some photos from yesterday. Still working on removing and adding weapons. Also working on adding BTR-40s to each units transport list since its looks like the surface vehicles of the rangers and reich.

http://imgur.com/a/Az5P0

Return to “Modding”