Tutorial compilation

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Tutorial compilation

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 16 Sep 2014 00:20

Sorry if my first post did not make sense. I edited it.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Tue 16 Sep 2014 00:27

Feel free to use anything I say that you think would be useful (apart from my previous posts on AI availability)

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 16 Sep 2014 02:28

I have a lot of things bookmarked in the forums for helpful reminders - Here are some of them:
(I don't know which ones are already in the guides)

Plane weapon modding in a few sentences (I know there is also a guide by COMThing)
Icons
Transports
Smoke Trails
Optics
If your mods don't show up
Weapon range shortcut

Pyro
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Pyro » Thu 18 Sep 2014 03:17

I offer my own contribution on distance, speed, acceleration and time conversions:

Code: Select all

[url]https://anonfiles.com/file/6f45983ba33243e2d220559dc1abd25b[/url]

WAB but almost certainly correct for WRD as well

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Thu 18 Sep 2014 21:45

Your help is greatly appreciated.
I think we can reasonably expect a new presentation for Saturday night (GMT+1) !

rogers303
First Sergeant

Battle groups icons

Postby rogers303 » Fri 21 Nov 2014 22:45

Hi
Anyone can point out there to do digging? I mean icons, representing bg's on strategic screen. I was looking in ndfscripting path for corresponding campaign in ndf_win.dat but it looks like they aren't there.

thank you

Lieutenant General

Re: Battle groups icons

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 23 Nov 2014 22:09

rogers303 wrote:Hi
Anyone can point out there to do digging? I mean icons, representing bg's on strategic screen. I was looking in ndfscripting path for corresponding campaign in ndf_win.dat but it looks like they aren't there.

thank you

If you can't find the reference leading to anything helpful in the NDF_Win.dat, it's probably not in that .dat. The relationships between different files are hardcoded. Look in ZZ_4.dat

Oddball
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Oddball » Mon 24 Nov 2014 01:09

I figure this would be as good a place to ask as any.

After reading these tutorials, it seems like modding for multiplayer is firmly off-limits. So what's the point? Only single player mods?

Also, I tried to tinker with the modding suit and found U.S. Riflemen '90, but I was stumped early in just how to change their name. When I double click the Alias field, it just fills it with moddingSuite.model.ndfbin.ndfPropertyValue and doesn't let me type in it. Is there some other field I have to modify for the name?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 24 Nov 2014 05:42

Oddball wrote:I figure this would be as good a place to ask as any.

Hm, the Modding Questions Thread would probably be a better place, but whatever.
Oddball wrote:After reading these tutorials...

Nice, you read before you started. Unlike me back when I started. :lol:
Oddball wrote:...it seems like modding for multiplayer is firmly off-limits. So what's the point? Only single player mods?

First, retextures and renaming is multiplayer compatible, and make the game 120% prettier.
As for data mods, yes they are mostly single player-compatible, unless you play with a friend(s), where mods offer variety and new discoveries/challenges.
Oddball wrote:Also, I tried to tinker with the modding suit and found U.S. Riflemen '90, but I was stumped early in just how to change their name. When I double click the Alias field, it just fills it with moddingSuite.model.ndfbin.ndfPropertyValue and doesn't let me type in it. Is there some other field I have to modify for the name?

The answer for this is probably in the Modding Questions Thread. First, the box you want to edit is not "AliasName" or whatever, (I think that's just a note for the codes though I might be wrong,) you want to edit "NameInMenu" or something like that. (Not on my PC right now.) Then notice that the row has a bunch of numbers and capital letters. This is a location hash, basically a code word that references something else. In this case, it references some text in a totally different file called unites.dic. Open 430000578\430000584\ZZ_Win.dat with the modding suite and double click on pc\localization\us\localization\unites.dic. Then, copy/paste the code from the Riflemen '90 to the search bar of unites.dic and the in-game name for the unit will show up.

rogers303
First Sergeant

Re: Battle groups icons

Postby rogers303 » Fri 28 Nov 2014 22:22

The W:AB Noob wrote:
rogers303 wrote:Hi

thank you

If you can't find the reference leading to anything helpful in the NDF_Win.dat, it's probably not in that .dat. The relationships between different files are hardcoded. Look in ZZ_4.dat

tried - there are .ppk files there - i don't know how to handle them (not WMS?)