> Modding ATGM Infantry? <

Saigosun
Corporal

> Modding ATGM Infantry? <

Postby Saigosun » Fri 26 Sep 2014 01:53

Hey guys!

I'm new to Wargame and (Naturally) modding it. Thanks to the many WONDERFUL tutorials I've managed to work some minor wonders. My question today is: Is it possible to add more than 1 ATGM carrier to a squad? I've succeeded in increasing the squad size of PTUR Konkurs to 5 and I have changed their AK's to subs but was hoping to have 2 soldiers firing ATGMs instead of only one. Is this possible? or should I try increasing ROF to simulate it? (Not sure how that would work with guided weapons)

I want to turn them into a larger and more dynamic (more expensive) ATGM fire team.

Thanks in advance!

terror51247
Major

Re: > Modding ATGM Infantry? <

Postby terror51247 » Fri 26 Sep 2014 04:12

Try to add another atgm weapon to the squad with a range that is 1m larger and see if it works.
How can anyone play to a faction's strength if the major flavour of that faction is overpriced units in every category?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 26 Sep 2014 06:04

As far as I know, there are 2 types of 'turrets' for infantry - 1 is only used by the squad leader (who is always the last person to die in an infantry squad), and the other is used for the rest of the squads. Usually, a standard squad weapon like a rifle would be in the 'all squad member' turret, while rocket launchers and machine guns are in the 'squad leader only' turret.

I have never tried this, but maybe you can copy or move the ATGM to the other turret. When you do this, you might want to also x5 RoF and x5 ammunition. Also, the model will not show up in the infantry, you will only see if it works in-game.

Good luck!
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Fri 26 Sep 2014 06:06

Infantry are unfortunately coded in a way that a squad is actually an individual unit and only has 1 soldier with a secondary weapon. Basically, the functions needed to do something like this without bugs or strange appearances are hard-coded.

Saigosun
Corporal

Postby Saigosun » Sat 27 Sep 2014 05:10

Thanks for the advice guys! I tried adding an additional atgm and that seemed to do the trick although they seem to have trouble guiding two missiles aimed at separate targets (with the acc set to 50%). The accuracy falls more into the 5-10% range, but I'm sure I can just tweak away that problem.

Thanks!

Return to “Modding”