Adding New Weapons to Inf.

Saigosun
Corporal

Adding New Weapons to Inf.

Postby Saigosun » Tue 30 Sep 2014 08:30

Hey guys,

Quick question: I managed to add a new weapons to my infantry squad (It appears on their stats) but the problem that I'm facing is that when they fire it there is no animation, nor do any bullets fly; however, the ammo count still decreases. How do I fix this?

loosebruce
Master Sergeant

Re: Adding New Weapons to Inf.

Postby loosebruce » Tue 30 Sep 2014 17:41

Hey I am interested to know how you did this, as I want to change the SBS load out.

Any links?

Saigosun
Corporal

Postby Saigosun » Tue 30 Sep 2014 18:29

I went into the mounted weapon descriptor list of one of the ATGM squads and added another line and added the instance pertaining to the RPK. You can find the number by finding a squad using the same weapon. After that, simply add salves (ammunition to the weapon.) and viola it will (Statistically.) appear in game.

The problem is, I don't know how to visually add the weapon to them or add the weapon's animations. When they fire, the ammo goes down but there are no firing animations/effects whatsoever. Sorry for the short explanation, I'm also getting ready for work lol.

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Tue 30 Sep 2014 18:34

Pretty sure the weapons and their anims are baked into the infantry model so this is impossible. This isn't ArmA, sorry.

Saigosun
Corporal

Postby Saigosun » Wed 1 Oct 2014 06:21

Aw... that's unfortunate. Thanks anyways!

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Wed 1 Oct 2014 13:27

Saigosun wrote:Aw... that's unfortunate. Thanks anyways!

But, from what I've seen on other mods namely by The Socom MOD you can have that a unit use its current weapon models but give it's unit card different weapons with different stats which I'm pretty sure work in game which i mean is better than nothing right??

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Wed 1 Oct 2014 19:49

You're not wrong it's totally possible. I think there might be a way to swap weapon. The rigging doesn't prevent weapons from being independent, but if you look at the texture then you'll know. If you see a weapon is not mapped on the same texture file as its infantry it means it can most certainly be swapped.

Saigosun
Corporal

Postby Saigosun » Thu 2 Oct 2014 03:34

That's great news. I'm going to look into this a bit more. That could work for what I'm trying to do.

Return to “Modding”