Unit database parsing and deck string decoding

dobchinski
Private

Unit database parsing and deck string decoding

Postby dobchinski » Mon 13 Oct 2014 10:42

Greetings, good sirs!

I'd like to ask those of you who were working with game's internal data extensively. Did anyone already accomplish parsing all units data to some popular format, be it xml, json or csv? Actually what I really need is a small subset of that data - prices, side alignment, possible decks, availability and unit type. It would be sweet if I could get unit card image but that's not something that's really necessary.

I've done some research on the forum - there's an enhancement suggestion at Enokha's ModTools git repo, but I guess it's a on a low priority, it's been there since February. Also there's mention of some Uralgraznomod's crew private tools which aren't released to the public. Not sure they have anything for this specifically, but those guys are hardcore, so it's probable. But, once again, those tools are private. And I've found numerous threads about obsolete main site database. Also I recall that there were some online databases in the time of WALB, but couldn't find mentions of that, most likely the projects are abandoned by now.

But all of that doesn't bring me closer to my goal.

If it hasn't done before - could someone knowledgeable asses whether this task seems to be really hard or is it reasonably doable? Since ModTools is open source and he acknowledges that this functionality is possible I guess I could try to make a (hopefully) little modification to these tools. But of course I'd prefer some ready-made solution since this isn't my scope now, it's just a major obstacle on the way.

Another question is about deck strings. Did anyone be able to decipher it? I vaguely remember someone making a funny little tool to generate random decks, so I guess the answer is yes. Could anyone please point me to that tool or it's author? Looks like my forum search skills are greatly insufficient.

Thanks in advance.

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Re: Unit database parsing and deck string decoding

Postby Hob_Gadling » Mon 13 Oct 2014 17:29

Something like this, then?

hobmod.com/data/TUniteAuSolDescriptor.csv
hobmod.com/data/TUniteDescriptor.csv
hobmod.com/data/TAmmunition.csv

The deck thingy you're thinking about is http://www.wargamerandomdeck.com/

Since the author declined to put up his contact information, I shan't either.

dobchinski
Private

Postby dobchinski » Tue 14 Oct 2014 14:21

Yes, precisely!

I've got a few questions if you don't mind.

I assume ProductionPrice and MaxDeployableAmount collections keys are experience levels. Is it possible to expand these collections? Hope so, since this is one of the most important stats for app I want to make. Btw It's going to be something of a deployment planner, thing I was dreaming of since EE times - I've always felt that 2-3 minutes are clearly not enough to make intelligent decisions which forces to take and where to send them, especially if you're not used to the map or you are testing some new deck. Now that I've started playing ranked where you don't even know what map will you play in advance it became a serious nuisance.

Of course I have tons of other questions about specific keys, but I guess I can find answers in modding guides.

Most important of all - how did you extract that? Is it some private tool or is it open to the public?

Regarding the deck hashes - well, if I'm correct Graphic was first to mention this tool, so I guess it could be made by someone from marshals or even Eugen devs who know the algorithm from the first hands. At least I have a place where to start asking when the need arises.

A little off topic - is there a list of links to all apps, be it offline or online, made for Wargame anywhere?
Last edited by dobchinski on Tue 14 Oct 2014 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 14 Oct 2014 17:08

Hob_Gadling wrote:The deck thingy you're thinking about is http://www.wargamerandomdeck.com/

Wha- wh-wha-what??
Well that's real cool!
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Return to “Modding”