Revised Campaigns 0.7 - 03/01/15 (update)

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Revised Campaigns 0.7 - 03/01/15 (update)

Postby stratmania » Sun 1 Mar 2015 16:29

rogers, it seems that there are a few more discrepancies (had to point them out, sorry):
1. The armored batallion present in the bottom province at the start of the busan pocket campaign has K1A1s. Perhaps the original intention was for the K1 to be included?
2. The 2nd korean war 2nd division can only be deployed at the bottom sectors, even though a cursory search says that it is used as the first response for defending south korea. If a spawn from seoul is undesirable, can some of the (many) recon companies at least receive command vehicles? This is to attempt "last stands" on the frontier (border).
3. Climb mount narodnaya only has 40 points to start with. Is this intentional? the difficulty would be upped quite a lot (I welcome the challenge, though.)

Great job so far, though.

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Sun 1 Mar 2015 20:45

stratmania wrote:rogers, it seems that there are a few more discrepancies (had to point them out, sorry):
1. The armored batallion present in the bottom province at the start of the busan pocket campaign has K1A1s. Perhaps the original intention was for the K1 to be included?
2. The 2nd korean war 2nd division can only be deployed at the bottom sectors, even though a cursory search says that it is used as the first response for defending south korea. If a spawn from seoul is undesirable, can some of the (many) recon companies at least receive command vehicles? This is to attempt "last stands" on the frontier (border).
3. Climb mount narodnaya only has 40 points to start with. Is this intentional? the difficulty would be upped quite a lot (I welcome the challenge, though.)

Great job so far, though.

Thanks for letting me know
1. On K1A1. In general timeline of units is very much screwed in all campaigns, so I don't think it's relevant, (units from USSR and USA in campaign aren't time-correct as well)
2. Deployment of divisions in general is a bit finicky right now - I'm figuring out more and more details (if interested about how this mod done - look up BGManager in this forum - it's parallel project, allowing to do such things). So in short - I just don't know how to change this. Yet.
3. 40pts in Climb Narodnaya is outrageous;) I've changed to 140 and here's link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/10xekg04ag5j71a/revised_campaigns_071.rar?dl=0

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Wed 4 Mar 2015 15:49

Rogers, After more playing, I am glad to say the experience is great! Just some questions:

1. Have any unit stats been tweaked? or are they vanilla stats?

2. The VDV recon company is WORSE than its own supply company. Perhaps add 2 BRM-1 for "flavour"? That would greatly help this battlegroup. (both supply company and recon company costs 5 points.)

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Thu 5 Mar 2015 00:41

stratmania wrote:Rogers, After more playing, I am glad to say the experience is great! Just some questions:

1. Have any unit stats been tweaked? or are they vanilla stats?

2. The VDV recon company is WORSE than its own supply company. Perhaps add 2 BRM-1 for "flavour"? That would greatly help this battlegroup. (both supply company and recon company costs 5 points.)

1. No - stats haven't been tweaked. I'm focusing only on what BGM can do (so this won't be life-work;)
2. Make sense - will do

kvnrthr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby kvnrthr » Sat 7 Mar 2015 04:10

Are there any youtube playthroughs of this mod? I like watching people playing campaigns (though I'm too lazy to play them myself :lol: )
Hoping for a better next-gen Wargame and new engine in a few years...
One can dream ;_;

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Sat 7 Mar 2015 07:05

kvnrthr wrote:Are there any youtube playthroughs of this mod? I like watching people playing campaigns (though I'm too lazy to play them myself :lol: )

Don't know... current version is actually still quite simple :twisted:

CK530
Sergeant

Postby CK530 » Sat 28 Mar 2015 22:00

Im loving this mod rogers, but for some reason climb mt narodnaya crashes to desktop every time i load it up. the others work, which is weird? please help

Remember the Vandoos!

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Sat 28 Mar 2015 22:36

CK530 wrote:Im loving this mod rogers, but for some reason climb mt narodnaya crashes to desktop every time i load it up. the others work, which is weird? please help

I will release new version quite soon. May be it will address this issue. Unfortunately crashes with mods are very hard to investigate, since all processing infrastructure of engine is closed. Only thing that works - is trying to detect what triggers crash - for example if it's happening after purchase of particular battlegroup - than that bg is the problem, or if it happens after you land airborn team to land - the same. So if you can tell more details - it also could help. Another moment - if crash occures right at start up - than it is possible you have different version of game (i'm testing with latest patch as of now) or you copied it into wrong folder (just speculating). So if you write more details - I might help;)
Thank you

CK530
Sergeant

Postby CK530 » Sun 29 Mar 2015 14:43

rogers303 wrote:
CK530 wrote:Im loving this mod rogers, but for some reason climb mt narodnaya crashes to desktop every time i load it up. the others work, which is weird? please help

I will release new version quite soon. May be it will address this issue. Unfortunately crashes with mods are very hard to investigate, since all processing infrastructure of engine is closed. Only thing that works - is trying to detect what triggers crash - for example if it's happening after purchase of particular battlegroup - than that bg is the problem, or if it happens after you land airborn team to land - the same. So if you can tell more details - it also could help. Another moment - if crash occures right at start up - than it is possible you have different version of game (i'm testing with latest patch as of now) or you copied it into wrong folder (just speculating). So if you write more details - I might help;)
Thank you

I believe it's the different game version. A patch was released a few weeks back and I think that is screwing with things. It crashes upon startup, no cutscene, just black

Remember the Vandoos!

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Mon 30 Mar 2015 05:04

CK530 wrote:
rogers303 wrote:

Thank you

I believe it's the different game version. A patch was released a few weeks back and I think that is screwing with things. It crashes upon startup, no cutscene, just black

I'm checking with v.610 - which one do you have?