Revised Campaigns 0.7 - 03/01/15 (update)

Guggy
General

Re: Revised campaigns. 01/27/2015 - Bear vs Kaiser 0.1 +

Postby Guggy » Thu 29 Jan 2015 01:19

Did you find a way to make SKW_USA_Heli3 spawn? To my surprise, there is a US 82nd Airborne tab that wasnt complete apparently that has some neat US equipment as well as an "Apaches" tab to which USA_Heli3 belongs. They dont have a proper unit icon on the map, sadly and get a WiP one :(

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Thu 29 Jan 2015 09:01

Guggy wrote:Did you find a way to make SKW_USA_Heli3 spawn? To my surprise, there is a US 82nd Airborne tab that wasnt complete apparently that has some neat US equipment as well as an "Apaches" tab to which USA_Heli3 belongs. They dont have a proper unit icon on the map, sadly and get a WiP one :(

I found pawn for Apaches but no icon, but probably bgm 0.8 will address this - i'm consolidating all campaigns in single database now... will take some time though, but once transTableReferences will be ready (write-mode) things will change a lot

gkibarricade
Private

Postby gkibarricade » Sat 31 Jan 2015 04:15

I love the campaign on this game. I would like to try harder campaigns because I beat all the campaigns on the first try. I feel I cheat by OVER spamming bullet time and rarely play above very slow.

Question is I would like to play the campaigns again just as the other side. I understand there might not be an AI for strategic maneuvering of battle groups. Group movements are probably scripted. However, I could play honest for strategic and when the battle starts I can switch sides and play as the enemy. I think that would be really cool.

How could I start to do this?

Thanks

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 31 Jan 2015 06:34

gkibarricade wrote:I love the campaign on this game. I would like to try harder campaigns because I beat all the campaigns on the first try. I feel I cheat by OVER spamming bullet time and rarely play above very slow.

Question is I would like to play the campaigns again just as the other side. I understand there might not be an AI for strategic maneuvering of battle groups. Group movements are probably scripted. However, I could play honest for strategic and when the battle starts I can switch sides and play as the enemy. I think that would be really cool.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forums!
And Welcome to the Wargame Modding world, where not everything in our imagination is do-able.

I don't know for sure, but I think this is impossible. You should probably ask Guggy or roger303 for confirmation.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Sun 1 Feb 2015 04:29

The W:AB Noob wrote:
gkibarricade wrote:I love the campaign on this game. I would like to try harder campaigns because I beat all the campaigns on the first try. I feel I cheat by OVER spamming bullet time and rarely play above very slow.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forums!
And Welcome to the Wargame Modding world, where not everything in our imagination is do-able.

I don't know for sure, but I think this is impossible. You should probably ask Guggy or roger303 for confirmation.

Actually the more I'm thinking about this (or to be more accurate the more i see posts with request for this), the more i think it's need to be done and hence it's possible... so
SOON
Reversed Revised Campaigns, meanwhile, I've been thinking what is this modding about for me personally - to make game more challenging and open up difficulties and tactical decisions, so i came up with set of rules to follow to implement revised-hard-way campaign and without further adieu here it is:

Hard way campaigns concept
==========================
A. Common rules
A.1 Ratio for summary deck prices should be set to 1:3
A.2 Total strategic points value of battle groups should be equal (about) for both sides of conflict
A.3. Marine detachments have the same content as usual detachement, but:
. 1 cv ship
. 1 supply ship
. most teams are on barques

B. Infantry detachments: 3 AP, 2 Cohesion
B.1. Infantry coy - price 5 pts: inf (8-12) on 5 pts vehicles + 2 cv
B.2. Infantry rgt - price 10 pts: inf (12-16) on 5-15 pts vehicles + 2 cv + support team
B.3. Infantry btn - price 15+ pts: inf (16-24) on 5-30 pts vehicles + 4 cv + 1-3 support teams (1-15,2-20,3-25,...)
B.4. inf support team:
. 4 mortars
. 4 howitzers (up to 70 pts each)
. 2 recon (good or very good) foot
. 2-4 specialized inf (AA/AT) on 5 pts transport
. 4 logistic trucks (or 2 supply choppers in case of airborn team)
. 1 FOB
. 2-4 gunship helicopters (in case of helo team)

C. Armor detachments: 2 AP, 3-5 Cohesion
C.1. Armor coy - price 5-10 pts: 4-8 medium tanks + 1 (vhl) cv
C.2. Armor rgt - price 15-20 pts: 8-12 medium tanks + 2-4 heavy tanks or support team + 1(arm) + 2(vhl) cv
C.3. Armot btn - price 25+ pts: 8-12 medium tanks + 2-4 heavy tanks or/and 2 support teams + 1(arm) + 2(vhl) cv
C.4. armor support team:
. 2-4 AA SPAAG or Med-range Rad AA
. 2-4 recon (good or very good) vechicles
. 2-4 logistic trucks
. 2-4 logistic helicopters

D. Recon detachments: 3 AP, 0-1 Cohesion
D.1. Recon squad - price 5 pts: 2-4 recon vehicles with very good or exceptional optics
D.2. Recon company - price 10+ pts:
. 4-8 recon vechicles (#2/#3)
. 4-8 foot recon (#2/#3)

E. Supply detachments: 3-5 AP, 0-5 Cohesion

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Sun 1 Feb 2015 04:38

Oh, and also version 0.2 of Bear vs Kaiser - Scandinavian decks, following new revised-campaigns-hard-way-code of modding and actually ... i think after icons and pawns will settle down, - more Scandinavian mods should come - units are different and they bring great flavor to old campaigns.
Link to download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7ysh5no18t4bby/revised_campaigns_beta02.rar?dl=0

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Revised campaigns. 01/31/2015 - Bear vs Vikings 0.2

Postby stratmania » Tue 3 Feb 2015 17:48

rogers, I can't download the narodnaya mod (0.5), it says that the file has been moved or deleted on the dropbox link in OP.

rogers303
First Sergeant

Re: Revised campaigns. 01/31/2015 - Bear vs Vikings 0.2

Postby rogers303 » Tue 3 Feb 2015 17:56

stratmania wrote:rogers, I can't download the narodnaya mod (0.5), it says that the file has been moved or deleted on the dropbox link in OP.

sorry, - reorganizing
here's links to last 3 beta
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9179whzykj9577/climb_beta03.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9rcz9m3py64m0v/climb_beta04.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/awdw4a2d56bc2d7/climb_beta05.rar?dl=0

Brutoni
Colonel

Re: Revised campaigns. 02/3/2015 - Links updated

Postby Brutoni » Wed 4 Feb 2015 20:26

All the naval air squadrons are meant to be named XXX NAS. Not sure why you are giving them bloody army style names like "Helicopter Companies". For the most part the changes to these squadrons are not for the better either. Indeed the Royal Marine regiments get hit pretty hard with a huge reduction in Marines for very little benefit.

Revising the Campaigns is a good idea though. I like the idea of a less "France is the super power and saviour of 2nd Korea War" campaign and a more realistic NATO intervention with Japanese units coming in first. Then US/ Australian / New Zealand / UK. Then finally France/Germany/Canada.
ImageImage

rogers303
First Sergeant

Re: Revised campaigns. 02/3/2015 - Links updated

Postby rogers303 » Thu 5 Feb 2015 01:56

Brutoni wrote:All the naval air squadrons are meant to be named XXX NAS.

Had no clue, taking your word for it - new release will get back to NAS (we're talking about one UK helo team here, right?)

Brutoni wrote:For the most part the changes to these squadrons are not for the better either. Indeed the Royal Marine regiments get hit pretty hard with a huge reduction in Marines for very little benefit.

We definitely have different understanding of 'better'. I can shower regiment with bunch of elite marines and give it dozen Apaches along with increased cohesion to compensate for price. This won't increase appeal of gameplay in my eyes. Idea of campaigns made hard way is reducing regiment size and functionality so player have to combine them (and re-use them - usually by the end of campaign we're stuffed with half-massacred groups). Another thing I'm doing is trying to bring-on big guns and diverse units, so it's just more interesting. Personally Command & Conquer style of playing with big click per second number doesn't attract me, so less is more and quality over quantity is preferable. Of cause it makes it hard to keep battle groups coherent with reality, but I'm trying;)
Thanks for input