Zomba69 wrote:Welcome back rogers and thank you for many hours enjoying BGM and new campaigns.
3 blitz questions:
1. "Btw, - changing BG type is possible, but is not included in BGM." - how?
2. I never understood what fighting type of BG means (in the part with morel/cohesion), we can choose values 1 to 4, but I never understood if it making any changes in behavior of BGs? The same is for objectives of BGs...
3. When I change country of para and marine units, once they are disembarked, they get again country flag from vanilla campaign. Any idea how ti change that?
1. Go to BGM, select any BG, click Moral Cohesion column -> you can select vertical column between different presets - not fighting type there - that's your BT type. If you just try and click different BG's, - you'll fighting type is different for
- regular ground/naval troops BG : type 0
- helicopter company : type 1
- artillery/anti-tank/AA (any ground BG without CV) troops : type 2
- air BG : type 3
That's one part of change you can actually do (I'm not sure how buggy this might be, but I've done this in revised 2nd Korea War mod to supply company and it seems to work). Another part would be changing visual attributes to that. Changing icons and pawns seems to work most of the time, but sometimes DO actually break game, so I would not recommend it. I've tried to understand mechanics to this, but reverse engineering data in game sometimes is a bit finicky and that's not what I do for a living
2. See (1). Objectives is basically where AI supposed to send those BG
3. That's because para/marine BG are in fact 2 different ones, united by transition link. Therefore you need to change 2 BG's nations to make it look right. Unfortunately not with BGM. But you still can do this with modding suite.