Battle Group Manager 0.8.2 - 03/21/15

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Battle Group Manager 0.8.2 - 03/21/15

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 15 Jun 2016 05:39

bruns_01 wrote:Hi guys. I'm comp`letely new to this modding thing.
I'd like to modify the second korean war campaign.

Will u please tell me which ndf and zz files i need to change?

Is there a manual out there?

Thanks

It's right on the front page, but welcome to the forums.
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=57483#p937658
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

HK-47
Corporal

Postby HK-47 » Mon 11 Jul 2016 02:19

Anyone know how to change a BG's type (i.e from an air BG to a naval BG or Land BG)? I'm trying to change some of the squadrons in 2kw to land BGs and simply selecting a new BG type from the list in the BGM isn't working. Would I have to go to the modding suite perhaps?

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Sun 17 Jul 2016 13:29

Hi guys. Decided to revisit BGM. Just tried with recent version of RD. Everything seems to work just fine (exported my campaigns to new version using BGM and tried couple battles). Btw, - changing BG type is possible, but is not included in BGM.

If anyone have questions on BGM - now is the right time:)

AJE
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby AJE » Sun 17 Jul 2016 21:08

rogers303 wrote:Hi guys. Decided to revisit BGM. Just tried with recent version of RD. Everything seems to work just fine (exported my campaigns to new version using BGM and tried couple battles). Btw, - changing BG type is possible, but is not included in BGM.

If anyone have questions on BGM - now is the right time:)

You're back! (at least for now) :D Anyway, hopefully the BGM can be updated so that us modders don't have to do this to get the BGM to work with the new Nation Pack DLCs. It may also need changes that anticipate the release of future Nation Pack DLCs.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Mon 18 Jul 2016 15:44

Welcome back rogers and thank you for many hours enjoying BGM and new campaigns.

3 blitz questions:

1. "Btw, - changing BG type is possible, but is not included in BGM." - how?
2. I never understood what fighting type of BG means (in the part with morel/cohesion), we can choose values 1 to 4, but I never understood if it making any changes in behavior of BGs? The same is for objectives of BGs...
3. When I change country of para and marine units, once they are disembarked, they get again country flag from vanilla campaign. Any idea how ti change that?

Many thanks

rogers303
First Sergeant

Postby rogers303 » Thu 21 Jul 2016 21:17

Zomba69 wrote:Welcome back rogers and thank you for many hours enjoying BGM and new campaigns.

3 blitz questions:

2. I never understood what fighting type of BG means (in the part with morel/cohesion), we can choose values 1 to 4, but I never understood if it making any changes in behavior of BGs? The same is for objectives of BGs...
3. When I change country of para and marine units, once they are disembarked, they get again country flag from vanilla campaign. Any idea how ti change that?

Many thanks

1. Go to BGM, select any BG, click Moral Cohesion column -> you can select vertical column between different presets - not fighting type there - that's your BT type. If you just try and click different BG's, - you'll fighting type is different for
- regular ground/naval troops BG : type 0
- helicopter company : type 1
- artillery/anti-tank/AA (any ground BG without CV) troops : type 2
- air BG : type 3
That's one part of change you can actually do (I'm not sure how buggy this might be, but I've done this in revised 2nd Korea War mod to supply company and it seems to work). Another part would be changing visual attributes to that. Changing icons and pawns seems to work most of the time, but sometimes DO actually break game, so I would not recommend it. I've tried to understand mechanics to this, but reverse engineering data in game sometimes is a bit finicky and that's not what I do for a living ;)

2. See (1). Objectives is basically where AI supposed to send those BG
3. That's because para/marine BG are in fact 2 different ones, united by transition link. Therefore you need to change 2 BG's nations to make it look right. Unfortunately not with BGM. But you still can do this with modding suite.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Thu 21 Jul 2016 21:54

rogers303, good to have you back :) Did you get my PM question?

I can explain how the game determines the pawns if you need to. Its a somewhat annoying way, but there's a method/pattern to it.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Fri 22 Jul 2016 11:19

rogers303 wrote:3. That's because para/marine BG are in fact 2 different ones, united by transition link. Therefore you need to change 2 BG's nations to make it look right. Unfortunately not with BGM. But you still can do this with modding suite.

I did not use modding suite to change BGs, do you mind to give me suggestion how do I find them with modding suite? Thanks

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Wed 27 Jul 2016 00:56

Cant you just remove the attached naval transports in the BG's using BGM, and then the movement type using that tool?

Or would you have to change a tag manually with the Mod tool? If the latter, let me know and I'll find it.

HK-47
Corporal

Postby HK-47 » Thu 4 Aug 2016 22:58

Zomba69 wrote:
Welcome back rogers and thank you for many hours enjoying BGM and new campaigns.

3 blitz questions:

Many thanks

1. Go to BGM, select any BG, click Moral Cohesion column -> you can select vertical column between different presets - not fighting type there - that's your BT type. If you just try and click different BG's, - you'll fighting type is different for
- regular ground/naval troops BG : type 0
- helicopter company : type 1
- artillery/anti-tank/AA (any ground BG without CV) troops : type 2
- air BG : type 3
That's one part of change you can actually do (I'm not sure how buggy this might be, but I've done this in revised 2nd Korea War mod to supply company and it seems to work). Another part would be changing visual attributes to that. Changing icons and pawns seems to work most of the time, but sometimes DO actually break game, so I would not recommend it. I've tried to understand mechanics to this, but reverse engineering data in game sometimes is a bit finicky and that's not what I do for a living ;)

2. See (1). Objectives is basically where AI supposed to send those BG
3. That's because para/marine BG are in fact 2 different ones, united by transition link. Therefore you need to change 2 BG's nations to make it look right. Unfortunately not with BGM. But you still can do this with modding suite.

So I've changed the fighting type for a BG and that seems to work ( I'm trying to make an air BG into a heliborne land BG). However, after a turn, that same BG returns to the carrier as if it were still an air BG. Any ideas?