Battle Group Manager 0.8.2 - 03/21/15

Ghost1o2
Private

Re: Battle Group Manager 0.8.2 - 03/21/15

Postby Ghost1o2 » Wed 17 Aug 2016 09:45

Hello there,

is there still a way to download the BGM?
The Links on the first Post don't work for me :(

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 23 Aug 2016 07:27

I have uploaded an original copy of version 0.8.2.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Licences wrote:Battle Group Manager was made by rogers303. I, The W:RD Noob, have had no part in the creation of this tool and am only uploading it for public use. This version is 0.8.2, uploaded by rogers303 in March 2015, uploaded to Google Drive by The W:RD Noob on August 23, 2016. All of the contents of the .rar file are in their original form, as uploaded by rogers303.

All credit for the Battle Group Manager goes to rogers303, BGM is run with Wargame Modding Suite made by enohka.

rogers, if you have intentionally taken the tool down and want to keep it, please let me know.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Ghost1o2
Private

Postby Ghost1o2 » Thu 25 Aug 2016 14:03

Thanks!

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Wed 21 Sep 2016 18:11

HK-47 wrote:So I've changed the fighting type for a BG and that seems to work ( I'm trying to make an air BG into a heliborne land BG). However, after a turn, that same BG returns to the carrier as if it were still an air BG. Any ideas?

Maybe you can find solution with modding tool (unfortunately, I dont have game at the moment so I cant test it myself).

Go to NDF_Win.dat\ndf\patchable\scenario\campdyn_2nd_korean_war\ndfscripting.ndfbin\TModularUnitDescriptor\instance (you can compare instance number with the one in BGM to find air BGs)\Modules

In modules, only air BG have module Assignment and when you click on it it gave you options AssignmentOrderActive and AutoAsssignmentOnSpawn. There are both true, so maybe you can make them false?

There is also AutoReturnToAssignmentCondition with value of 3 and I dont know what it can be.

I guess solution could be here, because only air BGs have this module. I ll try it myself when I get back to game.

chaos1actual1
Corporal

Postby chaos1actual1 » Sun 2 Oct 2016 01:13

Good evening guys,

Im currently working my way through modding SP campaign starting with busan pocket

Is there still interest within the community for revised campaigns?

and now for a little technical question with specifics

in busan campaign Im looking at introducing some US Forces in busan from start Im hoping to acheive this by swapping some ROK groups
specifically the SPECIAL AV RGT & HEAVY ARM BTN

I want to make the aviation regiment a US socom regiment with delta and rangers swapping out the deck is easy enough but I wonder about changing the division to US Task Force without changing all ROK units in same division is this possible?

Apologies for the long post but I know how it helps to be specific

thanks for any help in advance

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 2 Oct 2016 09:35

Yep, there's nothing forcing you to fill the unit with appropriate units, or even nationally acceptable ones. Mixed nation battlegroups are totally doable as well.

It's how I included the British and Dutch in my 2nd Korean War mod.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sun 2 Oct 2016 13:55

Yes, you can have divisions composed of BGs from various nations (for example US division consist of 2 US and 1 ROK battlegroup).

Also, you can have units from various nations in one BG (for example ROK BG with several US AA or artillery pieces or whatever you want).

You can also mix BLUEFOR and REDFOR units (for example, I added one ROK BG with T-80 and command and logistic units from ROK). The only think you cannot do (but I am not 100% sure even for that) to put BLUE infantry in RED transport units (and other way around).

Take care of the flags, too. First, change the nationality of division (right click on division name, than select country, it is enough to click only on one BG from division and all BGs that are in same division will get new nationality). Than you change nationality of each BG (column next to name of BG). However, you cannot change nationality of unit itself with BGM (but you can with modding suite).

Also, have in mind that BGs that can disembark (marine and para BGs) are represented by 2 identities in BGM. You have to change nationality for both of them (if you dont, when you land them, they will have original flag). To do so in BGM - unselect "Battle groups only". You will see that marine or para BG are described with 2 identities - both have different ID, but same BG name. One that have ID and Init ID numbers is the one that you get on strategic map, the one that has Init ID 0 is one that is disembarked. Make nationality changes on both of them. (for example in Busan pocket - US marine 24th Armored Btn. has to IDs - ID 702 and Init Id 162 before landing, ID 786, Init ID 0 after landing).

I hope there are still people interested in campaigns so you are welcome to share your work.

bruns_01
Corporal

Postby bruns_01 » Wed 12 Oct 2016 01:13

I wanted to tweak a little on the campaigns with BGM but since the update it doesn't seem to work any longer.

Settings for BGM:

NDF_Win.dat file
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\510047860\NDF_Win.dat
ZZ_Win.dat file
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\510040615\510047860\ZZ_Win.dat

I try to validate but it gives me the message:

Cannot open us/localization/battlegroup in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\510040615\510047860\ZZ_Win.dat

What can I do to fix this. Is there another modding suite better than BGM?

Thanks for the help

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Wed 12 Oct 2016 04:44

Problem there is the ZZ_Win.dat you're pointing to no longer contains a Battlegroup.dic, so the BGM tool cant load a list of battlegroup names.

Just use the same ZZ_Win.dat as before, and it should work for most intents and purposes.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 12 Oct 2016 05:16

Guggy wrote:Problem there is the ZZ_Win.dat you're pointing to no longer contains a Battlegroup.dic, so the BGM tool cant load a list of battlegroup names.

Just use the same ZZ_Win.dat as before, and it should work for most intents and purposes.

uh, what happens to the Israeli unit names?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image