True Cold War (v1.4) - SweetFX preset (updated)

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: True Cold War (v1.3) - SweetFX 1.5.1 preset

Postby silverhaze » Sun 14 Dec 2014 20:57

Romiros wrote:Nice. Reposted in VK.
Thanks a lot dude ;)

About Windows 8: I presume that the preset will work if you follow this kind of tutorial for Win 8, but i cannot test it, as i have Win 7.
Presets can be exported/imported in Radeon Pro as its a simple text file (SweetFX_settings.txt).

About the Sharpening:
Its a feature that can be disable. Personaly i prefer with it, but its customisable, or can be turned on/off very easily:
- To completly turn it OFF, open SweetFX_settings.txt and look for this line: #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1
and switch "1" to "0".
- If you just want to tweak the value of the sharpening, then look for this line: #define sharp_strength 0.60 and play with the value.

About the quoted Otomatic screenshot :
When creating this 'True Cold War' preset i took a special care to tune contrasts and saturation as much as i can without ruining all details, that is why i didnt released the preset earlier. As i mentionned, i will continue to refine it, but so far the result is satisfiying enough to do a first pub release.
I'm aware that with current preset (v1.3) there is a slight loss in darkest tones, but if something is black with preset activated, its most likely also very dark without. See this example (US skin for CH-53) : Base game / True cold war (v1.3)

That known, here is some additionnal infos about this pic:
- It is from a previous alpha version (unreleased) of the preset, which Darkmil had access, so it slighly differs from the public released version.
- There is only a very tiny quantity of models that are very dark in original models, the example that comes in mind is the original skin for french Puma Cassiope, which is nearly black, even without SweetFX.[/list]
It is still possible to customize the contrast but its a little bit complicated as it depend of several values. One of these is #define Curves_contrast 0.18
decrease this value will reduce contrast.
Last edited by silverhaze on Mon 15 Dec 2014 17:25, edited 8 times in total.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sun 14 Dec 2014 21:32

silverhaze wrote:
  • There is only a very tiny quantity of models that are very dark in original models, the example that comes in mind is the original skin for french Puma Cassiope, which is nearly black, even without SweetFX.

It's not "dark" it's a monstruosity...

BLUE MAN

Postby BLUE MAN » Sun 14 Dec 2014 23:57

how to capture screenshots properly, as default steam plugin doesnt show after effects, and fraps aint working
stupid neckbeards and noobs ruin the WRD

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Mon 15 Dec 2014 00:09

BLUE MAN wrote:how to capture screenshots properly, as default steam plugin doesnt show after effects, and fraps aint working

Press print screen and it Will create a screenshot in the folder where Wargame3.exe is.

BLUE MAN

Postby BLUE MAN » Mon 15 Dec 2014 00:14

wow, nice thanks. I've checked wargame folder and it full of screenshots now, lol
stupid neckbeards and noobs ruin the WRD

silverhaze

Postby silverhaze » Mon 15 Dec 2014 15:51

i'm working on dark/shadows tones, need lots of testings / comparisons before releasing :geek: , but next update will be focused on that, and also on ingame maps tones.

Also added infos in OP about how to customize some effects by yourself if you want to.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 16 Dec 2014 05:57

If you can get Wonsan to looks like this: http://www.wargame-rd.com/img/game-rd/g ... /scr01.jpg
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 16 Dec 2014 06:03

I like where this is going. What would go really nicely with this would be some time of day and lighting of certain things like explosions. That is, if we actually knew how to make it work.

I think all we can do is change the color of effects at the moment right? I don't remember.

The W:AB Noob wrote:If you can get Wonsan to looks like this: http://www.wargame-rd.com/img/game-rd/g ... /scr01.jpg
What's that? :shock:

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 16 Dec 2014 06:38

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:If you can get Wonsan to looks like this: http://www.wargame-rd.com/img/game-rd/g ... /scr01.jpg
What's that? :shock:

Shocking, eh?
http://www.wargame-rd.com/en/rd-gameplay-combat.html
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

silverhaze

PREVIEW 1.4

Postby silverhaze » Sun 21 Dec 2014 15:15

While it is technicaly possible to mimic this lights for Wonsan, the issue will then be that it will also modify lightnings for armoury and for all other maps, no idea of if it will suit well. :roll:
but its interresting, i may give it a try, but i think this would requiere a new preset as its kinda different that what i was looking for with True Cold War
^^

Update :
Anyway, here is a preview of the next update, after a week of testing i'm satisfied with that new version. (LINK UPDATED IN OP)
What are the changes ?
- I've tuned a lot shadows and light saturation, so we now save more original color spectre / dark details, without loosing the preset 'spirit'
Ingame results is now a lot better integrated, while Armoury view is still good. The challenge was to tweak both as much as i could, within the same preset.
(well its hard to describe, so best is you have a look on the album).

UPDATED ALBUM (v1.4) (clic on pics to see the full Imgur album) :