This post and mod is still WIP
The Principal Seven Days to the Rhine mod is a mod i am currently in the planning stages of. it will in case a rework of armored warfare, a new time frame and several new NATO and Warsaw Pact nations.
What the mod does
1. Will move the conflict back to Europe with the some of the eastern nations such as South Korea being replaced with countries such as the Netherlands.
2. Will set the time frame to 1989 exactly prompting the removal of all OOTTF units.
3. Units will be cut down to what frontline forces had in 1989; for example, the US Army tank section (excluding airborne) is now only : The M1, IPM1, M1A1 and the M60A3 TTS.
3.5 Existing vehicles maybe be updated to later models (e.g. T-80B will be changed to T-80B obr.1980g with slight stat differences.).
4. Non-transport vehicles will now have crews which can only dismount if they're vehicle is destroyed, the crews will be of varying size (depending on the AFVs their country operates) and some vehicles will be more likely than others to let their crews escape.
5. Vehicle mobility, Gun accuracy and range will all reconfigured more realistically.
6. Armor and armor penetration values will be displayed in millimeters (e.g: M1 Abrams will have a frontal armor value of 467mm which is an average of all the frontal armor protection qualities in different areas.) This may change if information on some vehicles is unavailable.
7. Tank combat changed; Vehicle destruction is based on "will the shot penetrate the Armour" if it won't, then quite frankly, you're gonna need a bigger gun/rocket/ATGM.
8. Vehicle mounted smoke launchers and co-axial machine guns will be implemented.
9. Naval will be reconfigured into mainly landing craft and small gunboats rather than full-scale naval warfare.
10. Off-battlefield artillery (Types such as L118s and other Static guns) may be implemented. They would work much like aircraft in the way that they are in your support menu. may be removed depending on how well it works.- Doesn't work, at all.
11. Availability will be set in an authentic manner; Each pack of a unit will contain a company which will create a battalion if combined, e.g: The M1A1 Abrams will have an availability of 14 in 3 packs.
Proof of concept
Slight problem with the AP value, HP has not yet been changed and the Co-Axial and the Smoke grenades have yet to be added.
The armour is based on milimetres but i dont think the AP value can handle three or four didgets so i divided the armour by 10 and rounded. The frontal armour is meant to be 260ish, side armour being 160ish and then the rear armour being 50-60mm.
Two ammunition types will be simulated for the vehicle : The M833 APFSDS round (Range of 3000m, will have an AP value of 49.), the M456A2 HEAT round (Range of 3500, an AP value of 43 and a HE value of 3) and a smoke round of some sort.
Here are some very partial candidate unit lists
CMD Centurion Mk.5/2
CMD or Supply AS532 Cougar
Panzerinfanterie- Shock, mechanized infantry (C7, M72 LAW, FN Minimi)
Jagers - Regular Line Inf (C7, M2 Carl Gustav, FN MAG)
Stinger Team- AA inf (C7, FIM-92A Stinger)
AT Team M47 -AT inf (FN FAL, M47 Dragon)
TLV 84mm - Fire Support inf (FN FAL, Carl Gustav w/ HE)
Korps Mariniers- Elite Special forces (C7, M2 Carl Gustav, LOWAND)
M727 HAWK PIP
Tank crew - 4 man infantry team, good stealth (UZI)
YPR-765 pri - IFV
YPR-765 pri.50- APC
F104 of some sorts
F-16A of some sorts
LCU Mk.II (NL)-Vehicle transport
LCVP Mk.5C - Infantry transport
Blindicide team - Fire support team (FN FAL, RL-83 Blindicide w/HE)
MILAN Team - AT team (FN FAL, MILAN F1)
Tank crew - 4 man infantry team, good stealth (UZI)
Mirage 5 of some sorts
more nations to come
Blue-Modified unit/different variant.
WIP (as with everything)
Chieftain Mk.11 CP (L23A1 APFSDS, L31A7 HESH)
Challenger 1 CP
Puma HC.1 CP
Chieftain Mk.10 (L23A1 APFSDS, L31A7 HESH)
Chieftain Mk.11 (L23A1 APFSDS, L31A7 HESH)
Challenger 1 Mk.1 (L23A1 APFSDS, L31A7 HESH)
Challenger 1 Mk.2 (L23A1 APFSDS, L31A7 HESH)
FV107 Scimitar (updated with same ammo as the warrior.)
Green Jackets '85
FV102 Striker (Swingfire.)
Puma HC.1 (GPMG)
Chinook HC.1 (transport)
Lynx AH.1 (GPMG.)
Lynx AH.7 (SNEB.)
Lynx AH.9 (M3M.)
Lynx AH.7 TOW2
Jaguar GR.1(Iron bomber)
Phantom FGR Mk.2
Tornado F.3(fitted with ALARM)
Sea Harrier FA.2 (ASF)
M60A3 TTS CP (M833 APFSDS, M456A2 HEAT-T)
M1 CP (M900 APFSDS, M456A2 HEAT-T)
Riflemen, Regular Light Inf, (M16A2x7, 2 M203, 2 M249 (SAW), 2 M47.)
Mechanized inf Squad, Shock, mechanized infantry, (M16A2x5, M203x2, M249x2, M47x1+M72A3x3) .
Airborne, airborne inf, (M16A2x7, 2 M203, 2 M249 , 2 M47.)
Weapons Squad, Regular, fire support team, (M16A2x7, M60x2, M47x2, M224 61 Mortarx2.)
M109A3 (M107 HE , M864 DPICM, M110A2 WP Smoke.)
M48A3 Chaparral (MIM-72F.)
AN/TWQ-1 Avenger (FIM-92A Stinger.)
M1 Abrams (M900 APFSDS, M456A2 HEAT-T)
IPM1 Abrams (M900 APFSDS, M456A2 HEAT-T)
M1A1 Abrams (M829A1 APFSDS, M830 HEAT-T
M60A3 TTS (M833 APFSDS, M456A2 HEAT-T)
M551A1 TTS (M657 HE, M81 HEAT, MGM-51 Shillelagh.)
M60A1 AOS (M833 APFSDS, M456A2 HEAT-T)
M60A1 ERA (M833 APFSDS, M456A2 HEAT-T)
M3 Bradley (M791 APDS-T, M792 HEI-T, TOW-2.)
M3A1 Bradley (M791 APDS-T, M792 HEI-T, TOW-2A.)
Scouts (M16x4, M203x2, M47x2)
FIST Team, Recon inf, (M16A2x3, M203x1, M249x1)
M901 ITV (TOW-2A)
HMMWV TOW (TOW-2A)
M2 Bradley ((M791 APDS-T, M792 HEI-T, TOW-2.)
M2A1 Bradley (M791 APDS-T, M792 HEI-T, TOW-2A.)
LAV-25 (M791 APDS-T, M792 HEI-T, )
UH-1H Iroquois (M60)
UH-60A Blackhawk (M240H)
CH-47D Chinook (M134D)
AH-64A Apache (M789 HEDP, M261 Rocket Pod w/M151 HEDP rockets, AGM-114A.)
CH-46E Sea Knight (M134D)
UH-1N Twin Huey (M134D)
AH-1S Cobra (M197, M261 Rocket Pod w/M151 HEDP rockets, ITOW.)
AH-1F Cobra (M197, M261 Rocket Pod w/M151 HEDP rockets, TOW-2A.)
AH-1T IP Cobra (M197, M261 Rocket Pod w/M151 HEDP rockets, ITOW.)
AH-1W Cobra (M197, M261 Rocket Pod w/M151 HEDP rockets, AGM-114A.)
EH-60A Quick Fix II-Jamming Helicopter
A-6E TRAM (re-rolled as a cluster bomber)
A-10A Warthog (Same as above but with rockets and sidewinders.)
F/A-18C (UGB truck)
F-16A Block 5
F-16A Block 10
F-16C Block 25