Wargame : Modern Battle

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Sat 10 Jan 2015 13:12

leopardgunner present you a mod for Wargame : Red Dragon.....

Wargame : Modern Battle will take place in new battlefield,the South East Asia, focus on the current escalation caused by Chinese Military presence in the region. Wargame : Modern Battle will include new country, unit, and weapons, and bringing cold war era Red Dragon into modern warfare.

I hope this community want to help me develop this mod :D

since i'm still new to modding, especially for skin modding (i really need help for this one)

and of course some suggestion for faction with their unit

more features will be posted soon

Faction and units

Blufor
* USA
*Vietnam
*Thailand
*Indonesia

Redfor
*PRC
*DPRK

Thanks
leopardgunner
Last edited by leopardgunner on Wed 18 Mar 2015 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

jonas165
Brigadier

Re: Wargame : Modern Battle

Postby jonas165 » Sat 10 Jan 2015 13:17

Sounds nice. Which factions do you plan to include?
Alpha release. Click signature for more

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Sat 10 Jan 2015 13:27

jonas165 wrote:Sounds nice. Which factions do you plan to include?

the BLUFOR will be US, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia and for REDFOR will be China (for now)

i have little trouble for the REDFOR, i think China with their massive power still need an ally, but I have not decided yet, any suggestion?

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sat 10 Jan 2015 13:43

leopardgunner wrote:
jonas165 wrote:Sounds nice. Which factions do you plan to include?

the BLUFOR will be US, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia and for REDFOR will be China (for now)

i have little trouble for the REDFOR, i think China with their massive power still need an ally, but I have not decided yet, any suggestion?

Well, technically, Russia and North Korea would be plausible. Also, I don't know much about the region, but how realistic are Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia as BLUEFOR? Also, you could add Japan and South Korea, as they are definitely US allies and make a lot of sense in an Asian scenario.

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:13

jonas165 wrote:
leopardgunner wrote:
jonas165 wrote:Well, technically, Russia and North Korea would be plausible. Also, I don't know much about the region, but how realistic are Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia as BLUEFOR? Also, you could add Japan and South Korea, as they are definitely US allies and make a lot of sense in an Asian scenario.

I think the Russian will focus in tension in crimea, and for North Korea, i've been thinking about them, beside their lack of expendiatory capability, adding North Korea means i must add South Korea, which mean to far from the region , same case as the Japan

And about the region, Thailand is traditionally us ally since the Vietnam war, meanwhile Vietnam just "switching side" closer to the us to counter chinese military presence, they also consider to buy us military hardware, and for Indonesia, they are neutral country, they also bought chinese anti ship missille with it license, but recent news told that the new Indonesia defense strategic plan are drafted with assistance from US DoD, so it will be logic that indonesia are getting closer to the US, beside that most of indonesian are still traped in "red scare"

Australia is traditional US ally, i've also think to include to them to BLUFOR alongside with their allies, forming FPDA battle group

pok
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby pok » Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:20

Thank you for including my country :lol: :lol: :lol: Thailand :) :lol: :lol:

talos2789
Corporal

Postby talos2789 » Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:39

great idea if u need help with info im pretty good at finding info on weapons i sent jonas a ton of info and unit ideas for his Crimean escalation mod so if u need help with unit ideas or info on weapons just pm me. and i do believe if ur gonna do a war with china u should include south Korea and japan seeing how they are ironclad allies with the us and both have issues with china japan especially china is enemies with practically everyone in the region due to conflicts over resource claims things have been especially heated over the senkaku islands which both japan and china have claimed.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sat 10 Jan 2015 16:35

I can understand you don't want to include Russia, but as North and South Korea and Japan are already in the game and would only require some tweaks to be brought to modern standard, I see no reason not to include them. They are all pretty plausible for an Asian setting after all.

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Sat 10 Jan 2015 17:21

pok wrote:Thank you for including my country :lol: :lol: :lol: Thailand :) :lol: :lol:

well that's great, can you help me by giving some unit idea? :D

especially in infantry like names, training, etc

and of course... an authentic reskin :twisted: :lol:

talos2789 wrote:great idea if u need help with info im pretty good at finding info on weapons i sent jonas a ton of info and unit ideas for his Crimean escalation mod so if u need help with unit ideas or info on weapons just pm me. and i do believe if ur gonna do a war with china u should include south Korea and japan seeing how they are ironclad allies with the us and both have issues with china japan especially china is enemies with practically everyone in the region due to conflicts over resource claims things have been especially heated over the senkaku islands which both japan and china have claimed.

thanks talos , because i will put some new weapon :)

jonas165 wrote:I can understand you don't want to include Russia, but as North and South Korea and Japan are already in the game and would only require some tweaks to be brought to modern standard, I see no reason not to include them. They are all pretty plausible for an Asian setting after all.

alright i change my mine, i will put North Korea to REDFOR, since I still consider North Korea as the true China ally for now

but for Japan and South Korea, I need some of their unit for other faction, so if there's no way to add new model, there's only two choice for them, remove both of them, or keep both of them with inauthentic deck

which one is better? :)

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sat 10 Jan 2015 17:56

What exactly do you mean? You could make multiple units using for example a Japanese unit's model.

Return to “Modding”