Increasing Helicopter Speed?

Saigosun
Corporal

Increasing Helicopter Speed?

Postby Saigosun » Sat 24 Jan 2015 05:12

Just curious on how to do this properly. I increase combat speed and their speed in the handler module but that doesn't seem to do it. :o

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Increasing Helicopter Speed?

Postby COMThing » Sat 24 Jan 2015 13:37

That should be all that is needed. Do other changes work for you? If not you are probably using a different version to the one you have modded.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 24 Jan 2015 17:58

COMThing wrote:That should be all that is needed. Do other changes work for you? If not you are probably using a different version to the one you have modded.

I tried it one time, but I couldn't get it to work either. What helicopter are you trying to mod?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Sat 24 Jan 2015 23:45

If multiple people have had it happen that is the most odd thing I've heard in terms of bugs.

In the MovementHandler, MaxSpeed is the only value you need to change. No other change is necessary anywhere else in the unit's instance.

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Sun 25 Jan 2015 10:37

In the MovementHandler, MaxSpeed is the only value you need to change. No other change is necessary anywhere else in the unit's instance.

VitesseCombat directly in the unit's descriptor is needed too - it's the speed of the unit that kicks in under combat conditions. Suprisingly enough it's still set on unit per unit basis (oh, Eugen-Eugen).

COMThing

Postby COMThing » Sun 25 Jan 2015 10:42

Soundwolf776 wrote:

VitesseCombat directly in the unit's descriptor is needed too - it's the speed of the unit that kicks in under combat conditions. Suprisingly enough it's still set on unit per unit basis (oh, Eugen-Eugen).

It might just be my end, but it isn't noticeable for me in v.543, even though it was back in ALB.

Saigosun
Corporal

Postby Saigosun » Mon 2 Feb 2015 01:05

Sorry for my lack of responses... left town for quite a bit. I'm going to double check the heli instances etc. to see what I'm doing wrong here. You guys are great!

Return to “Modding”