Wished Dreams Mod (Alpha) Release

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Wished Dreams Mod V0.7 "Fury Of The Dragon" Installer now works with V.510025133

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 4 Jun 2016 01:48

Narcissistic Black wrote:This was done long ago before I changed the MiG-31M to have R-40s and what ever the hell that LRAAM is. I was trying to stop the nato Air LRAAM domination with tomcats ATM is even. Ill probably just do this.

Wouldn't it be easier to just give the F-14 an AIM-7 and AIM-9 loadout, and then turn the MiG-31s into other kinds of aircraft? Flat-out remove LRAAMs. Solves the problem.

Narcissistic Black wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Given the usefulness of the AIM-9G compared to the AIM-9L, and that UK now has a CatC fighter in the FGR.2, why not move this up to 1982 so it can keep the AIM-9L and the armament it used in the Falkans War?

I didn't think AIM-9G was much worse. Kind of wanted to test it out a bit. If doesn't work out ill do this.

I was thinking about the iconic loadout of the Sea Harrier, which was two AIM-9L and two fuel tanks during the Falkans War. Granted, four AIM-9Ls makes it a bit more useful.

Xeno426 wrote:Would it be possible to replace them with BGL-400 400kg laser-guided bombs? France never used the GBU-12; it purchased the EGBU-12 in the 2000s.

This was intended I just didnt get around to it. Some times I have tp test stuff and place holder things.

Cool. IIRC, the only ones available in timeline were the BGL-400 and BGL-1000. There's a BGL-250, but that's late 90s or so.

Xeno426 wrote:AIM-7s were not used on the Korean F-16s; even up to the AIM-7M, they were only used on the F-4E.

That doesn't mean they couldn't use them if they wanted to thought, Right?

They didn't want to, though, since the F-4Es were already carrying them. I also believe they did not have their aircraft wired for the AIM-7; while the Block 32 was AIM-7 ready, the ROK never really bothered to do the last bit of change necessary to make them AIM-7 capable. Might have something to do with the fact the F-4E can carry more of them anyway.

Narcissistic Black wrote:and I regret adding the J-11..

Why is that?

Narcissistic Black wrote:As for the MiG-27. I personally think is fine as it is. mainly because the only difference between S-5 and S-8 rockets for planes is suppression as they both have 2HE because Eugen made it that way.

Which is silly; there's zero reason the S-5 should have more HE damage on aircraft over helicopters.

Oddball wrote:I know in an earlier post you mentioned that you would add the M60A3 TTS, as it was a key player in the U.S. armored force of the period, and was used by at least one Marine battalion in Desert Storm. I saw that you renamed the M60A1 ERA into the M60A1 RISE Passive. Is this a substitute, or do you still plan to add the TTS?

That's just a rename. The M60A1 ERA was never called "ERA", it was the RISE Patton. Eugen didn't want to change the name because M60A1 RISE Patton was "too long a name", despite being one character longer than the other Patton name and there are other units with the same length name.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Re: Wished Dreams Mod V0.7 "Fury Of The Dragon" Installer now works with V.510025133

Postby Narcissistic Black » Sat 4 Jun 2016 02:56

ODDBALL

Spoiler : :
Oddball wrote:Well I sure as heck like it. Before RD came out, I liked the change to the deck system. But after playing it as much as I have, I really thought it needed work. This is a great step to improving the overall game.

Only two specific things I would ask about, as far as units are concerned, is as follows:

I know in an earlier post you mentioned that you would add the M60A3 TTS, as it was a key player in the U.S. armored force of the period, and was used by at least one Marine battalion in Desert Storm. I saw that you renamed the M60A1 ERA into the M60A1 RISE Passive. Is this a substitute, or do you still plan to add the TTS?

Yes, I still plan on adding it.

The inclusion of Rangers '90 will go a long way to improving the U.S. infantry selection. But the availability is pretty low for airborne decks (where they would realistically be) and they don't have a previous version. Is this by design, or have you just not gotten to it yet?

Thank you for your work thus far. It greatly improves this game's experience.

This is by Design Rangers original are in the recon tab. The true Airborne Infantry for the US are Riflemen. Rangers are just a Unit that I added the happens to be in Airborne also. To help supplement the lack of shock infantry in the US deck besides marines. The idea is based of of this.

U.S. Army in the early 1960s in West Germany to provide small, heavily armed reconnaissance teams to patrol deep in enemy-held territory in case of war with the Soviet Union and its Warsaw Pact allies.

And this.
In 1986, the 75th Ranger Regiment was formed and their military lineage formally authorized. The 75th Ranger Regiment, comprising three battalions, is the premier light-infantry of the U.S. Army, a combination of special operations and elite airborne light infantry. The regiment is a flexible, highly trained and rapid light infantry unit specialized to be employed against any special operations targets. All Rangers—whether they are in the 75th Ranger Regiment, or Ranger School, or both—are taught to live by the Ranger Creed. Primary tasks include: direct action, national and international emergency crisis response, airfield seizure, airborne & air assault operations, special reconnaissance, intelligence & counter intelligence, combat search and rescue, personnel recovery & hostage rescue, joint special operations, and counter terrorism.

XENO

Spoiler : :
Xeno426 wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:This was done long ago before I changed the MiG-31M to have R-40s and what ever the hell that LRAAM is. I was trying to stop the nato Air LRAAM domination with tomcats ATM is even. Ill probably just do this.

Wouldn't it be easier to just give the F-14 an AIM-7 and AIM-9 loadout, and then turn the MiG-31s into other kinds of aircraft? Flat-out remove LRAAMs. Solves the problem.

No. Because then they would just be another plane at least now they're unique. Also I don't really see Low availability LRAAM a problem.

Xeno426 wrote:Given the usefulness of the AIM-9G compared to the AIM-9L, and that UK now has a CatC fighter in the FGR.2, why not move this up to 1982 so it can keep the AIM-9L and the armament it used in the Falkans War?

Because 10% Acc isn't a huge deal. Crasher literally just took down a J-11 with 2. :o

Like I said if it's a issue then Ill buff it.

I didn't think AIM-9G was much worse. Kind of wanted to test it out a bit. If doesn't work out ill do this.

I was thinking about the iconic loadout of the Sea Harrier, which was two AIM-9L and two fuel tanks during the Falkans War. Granted, four AIM-9Ls makes it a bit more useful.

Some times Iconic loadouts aren't always the best thing some time you need to change the loadout a bit for gameplay. You know as long as its capable of said loadout.

Xeno426 wrote:AIM-7s were not used on the Korean F-16s; even up to the AIM-7M, they were only used on the F-4E.

That doesn't mean they couldn't use them if they wanted to thought, Right?

They didn't want to, though, since the F-4Es were already carrying them. I also believe they did not have their aircraft wired for the AIM-7; while the Block 32 was AIM-7 ready, the ROK never really bothered to do the last bit of change necessary to make them AIM-7 capable. Might have something to do with the fact the F-4E can carry more of them anyway.

Well issue is the phantom doesnt carry them in game.

Narcissistic Black wrote:and I regret adding the J-11..

Why is that?

Well besides losing planes to this thing like every game. It makes the SU-27K kind of redundant.

Narcissistic Black wrote:As for the MiG-27. I personally think is fine as it is. mainly because the only difference between S-5 and S-8 rockets for planes is suppression as they both have 2HE because Eugen made it that way.

Which is silly; there's zero reason the S-5 should have more HE damage on aircraft over helicopters.

I believe Eugen did it so all rocket planes would be useful.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sat 4 Jun 2016 04:43

It's crashing on launch for me
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 4 Jun 2016 04:48

Bullfrog wrote:It's crashing on launch for me

Started up fine for me. I did recheck my game cache before installing; try uninstalling the mod and doing that before reinstalling it.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sat 4 Jun 2016 04:51

Xeno426 wrote:
Bullfrog wrote:It's crashing on launch for me

Started up fine for me. I did recheck my game cache before installing; try uninstalling the mod and doing that before reinstalling it.

Validate game cache threw steam, yea?

Uninstalled it and it launched fine... I do have to change the directory as the game is on my D drive and not my C drive but it shouldn't of been an issue

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 4 Jun 2016 04:54

Bullfrog wrote:Validate game cache threw steam, yea?

Uninstalled it and it launched fine... I do have to change the directory as the game is on my D drive and not my C drive but it shouldn't have been an issue

Yeah, validate. My game is on my F drive, so not being on the C drive is indeed not an issue.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sat 4 Jun 2016 05:10

It's still crashing :?

Woozle
Captain

Postby Woozle » Sat 4 Jun 2016 06:00

If you have any dutch decks, delete them, this causes the crash.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sat 4 Jun 2016 06:46

Woozle wrote:If you have any dutch decks, delete them, this causes the crash.

That did it, thanks

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Sat 4 Jun 2016 07:03

Woozle wrote:If you have any dutch decks, delete them, this causes the crash.

It didn't with me. But i guess that seems to be the case.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Return to “Modding”