Changing Armour Values in Red Dragon

Militant1006
Sergeant

Changing Armour Values in Red Dragon

Postby Militant1006 » Sun 15 Mar 2015 10:42

So from memory I found that changing armour values was very simple back when I was doing a little modding for myself in Airland Battle, but I must ask, where do I find the armour values in the latest version of the modding suite?

I have been looking for them everywhere, not sure if they are well hidden or I am just going right past them every time.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Changing Armour Values in Red Dragon

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 15 Mar 2015 20:18

Militant1006 wrote:So from memory I found that changing armour values was very simple back when I was doing a little modding for myself in Airland Battle, but I must ask, where do I find the armour values in the latest version of the modding suite?

I have been looking for them everywhere, not sure if they are well hidden or I am just going right past them every time.

IIRC, Airland Battle had Front, Side, Top, and Rear Armor modules right in the TUnite. In Red Dragon, there are in NDF_Win.dat\everthing.ndfbin\TUniteAuSolDescriptor\Modules\Damage\Default\CommonDamageDescriptor\BlindageProperties. There is a reference for each type of armor (front, side...). Remember, In-game value + 4 = Data value.

Militant1006
Sergeant

Postby Militant1006 » Mon 16 Mar 2015 05:43

Thank you very much.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 16 Mar 2015 06:30

Militant1006 wrote:Thank you very much.

Yay!

Also, don't forget to make copies of some instances, as other units could have the same references.

Militant1006
Sergeant

Postby Militant1006 » Tue 17 Mar 2015 12:28

Yeah I've mapped out the instances as to their armour values, instead of changing the values themselves, seems like it will work though I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet.

The most annoying thing for me is the accuracy being linked to the stabilizer, So I'll have to create new instances for that I guess.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 17 Mar 2015 18:37

Militant1006 wrote:The most annoying thing for me is the accuracy being linked to the stabilizer, So I'll have to create new instances for that I guess.

What do you mean by that?

Militant1006
Sergeant

Postby Militant1006 » Wed 18 Mar 2015 06:55

Like the instance refers to the hitrollrule or whatever it is called, and under that you have the accuracy while stationary, and while moving.

Edit:
I might be wrong and all, I am really trying to do this properly for the first time, trying to make a 1975 Mod which uses BTR's tank spreadsheet, and also moving a few tanks around (Like giving the UK Centurions, and moving the recce Leopard's and T-55 into the tank tab, and reducing their AP power, also planning to move the Leopard 1A3 back into the tank section).

Afiqlanz
Private First-Class

Postby Afiqlanz » Wed 4 Sep 2019 18:18

The W:AB Noob wrote:
Militant1006 wrote:Thank you very much.

Yay!

Also, don't forget to make copies of some instances, as other units could have the same references.

idk how to do that.... because i edited Denmark units armor but then russian gets armored as well kind of disappointing newcomers modders doesn't know how to do that and this :/

Sireyn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Sireyn » Thu 5 Sep 2019 18:11

Afiqlanz wrote:idk how to do that.... because i edited Denmark units armor but then russian gets armored as well kind of disappointing newcomers modders doesn't know how to do that and this :/

This is quite a necro post. You didnt edit the Danish unit's armor, you edited a reference that is shared between multiple units. You need to create a new reference with the values you want, or copy the module from a unit with the armor values you want.

Afiqlanz
Private First-Class

Postby Afiqlanz » Sat 20 Mar 2021 17:42

Sireyn wrote:
Afiqlanz wrote:idk how to do that.... because i edited Denmark units armor but then russian gets armored as well kind of disappointing newcomers modders doesn't know how to do that and this :/

This is quite a necro post. You didnt edit the Danish unit's armor, you edited a reference that is shared between multiple units. You need to create a new reference with the values you want, or copy the module from a unit with the armor values you want.

hmm can you explain step by step on how to do that? i got the game for free on epic store, right now I'm modding the USSR units, as same thing it makes the armor shared same values as others...

Return to “Modding”