Changing Armour Values in Red Dragon

Afiqlanz
Private First-Class

Re: Changing Armour Values in Red Dragon

Postby Afiqlanz » Sat 20 Mar 2021 22:41

The W:AB Noob wrote:
Militant1006 wrote:Thank you very much.

Yay!

Also, don't forget to make copies of some instances, as other units could have the same references.

May i ask how do heck you copy and paste it on a Wargame Modding Suite? like where should i put it? any pictures? for example i put 30mm front armor but that enemy also has it not just one, so how to copy that 1 code line and paste it?

Sireyn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Sireyn » Wed 24 Mar 2021 20:33

Afiqlanz wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:
Militant1006 wrote:Thank you very much.

Yay!

Also, don't forget to make copies of some instances, as other units could have the same references.

May i ask how do heck you copy and paste it on a Wargame Modding Suite? like where should i put it? any pictures? for example i put 30mm front armor but that enemy also has it not just one, so how to copy that 1 code line and paste it?

Wargame doesn't have copy/paste. When you look at the list of modules on a unit, those modules have their own instance types in their own separate list.

In this example, the Damage module points to a TModuleSelector. You can search all the TModuleSelectors in the Classes search bar on the top left, and find that reference number in the center column.

Once you find that instance number, highlight it, and use the square buttons at the top of the list to "Make top object" and then "Create Copy". Once copied, it will generate a new module that isn't already tied to other units.

Then go back to the unit and change the old instance number to the new one

Afiqlanz
Private First-Class

Postby Afiqlanz » Wed 24 Mar 2021 22:59

Wargame doesn't have copy/paste. When you look at the list of modules on a unit, those modules have their own instance types in their own separate list.

In this example, the Damage module points to a TModuleSelector. You can search all the TModuleSelectors in the Classes search bar on the top left, and find that reference number in the center column.

Once you find that instance number, highlight it, and use the square buttons at the top of the list to "Make top object" and then "Create Copy". Once copied, it will generate a new module that isn't already tied to other units.

Then go back to the unit and change the old instance number to the new one

Thanks manage to make my SPAA has 90mm of armor without affecting other units :v though i must do another copy of the TArmor which is quite annoying because i have a bad memory loss Dx

BongoBear79
Private First-Class

Postby BongoBear79 » Mon 29 Mar 2021 15:14

Ok, so following the tutorial about creating a copied instance I managed to create a new TModuleSelector for the ROK K1 tank. Now how do I change the values in this window:

Screenshot (328).png
Screenshot (328).png (97.38 KiB) Viewed 2256 times

Any video or tutorial that might help?

BongoBear79
Private First-Class

Postby BongoBear79 » Tue 6 Apr 2021 10:23

Anyone?

Sireyn

Postby Sireyn » Tue 6 Apr 2021 12:37

BongoBear79 wrote:Ok, so following the tutorial about creating a copied instance I managed to create a new TModuleSelector for the ROK K1 tank. Now how do I change the values in this window:

Just change the TArmorDescriptor to the reference with the armor value you want.

A simple way to figure out armor you want is to check the ingame armory, note a unit with an armor value you want, then check the TArmorDescriptor in the Modding Suite to get the correct reference.

By searching TArmorDescriptor in the top left search bar you can see all of the references. A value of 5 should be 1 armor, so you can calculate that 6 is 2 armor, 7 is 3, etc.

BongoBear79
Private First-Class

Postby BongoBear79 » Tue 6 Apr 2021 13:08

Sireyn wrote:
BongoBear79 wrote:Ok, so following the tutorial about creating a copied instance I managed to create a new TModuleSelector for the ROK K1 tank. Now how do I change the values in this window:

Just change the TArmorDescriptor to the reference with the armor value you want.

A simple way to figure out armor you want is to check the ingame armory, note a unit with an armor value you want, then check the TArmorDescriptor in the Modding Suite to get the correct reference.

By searching TArmorDescriptor in the top left search bar you can see all of the references. A value of 5 should be 1 armor, so you can calculate that 6 is 2 armor, 7 is 3, etc.

Thanks again. So are there preset armour types? I mean we can't make our own TArmorDescriptor instance with a different armour value?

Sireyn

Postby Sireyn » Tue 6 Apr 2021 22:55

BongoBear79 wrote:
Sireyn wrote:

Thanks again. So are there preset armour types? I mean we can't make our own TArmorDescriptor instance with a different armour value?

It points to a value in a matrix. You can search "Arme" in the search bar and you should find it. The game sees AP X hitting Armor Y does Z damage. It's not a calculation and the matrix has limits, but you can make any combination do whatever damage you want.

There are two tables, one for HE and one for AP, then AP is broken up into KE and HEAT.

BongoBear79
Private First-Class

Postby BongoBear79 » Wed 7 Apr 2021 02:23

Ok, thank you.

Return to “Modding”