Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

User avatar
D-M
Posts: 8794
Joined: Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:10
Contact:

Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby D-M » Sun 12 Apr 2015 23:36

Image

How to use :

1) Click on "Open dictionary" and find a ZZ_Win.dat that contain a "pc\localisation\us\localisation\unites.dic" file.
2) Click on "Open data" and find a NDF_Win.dat file.
3) Use the combos to select the weapons you want to play with.
4) Click on "Start Simulation"
5) WOOOOOO
6) Click on "Stop Simulation"

[Optional]
7) Take a pic or something, make a thread with an appropiate title such as "EUGEN PLS NERF", "UNIT IS OP, I DID TEST", "HATO SOVIET BIA".
8) Get censored banned.

You 'll need .NET btw. :D
http://www.microsoft.com/net

Here is the API repo :
https://github.com/mathieujaumain/IrisZoomDataAPI

The program repo :
https://github.com/mathieujaumain/Warga ... nSimulator



Release here !
https://github.com/mathieujaumain/Warga ... s/tag/beta

With some data to play with (not sure from which version :>) :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7sol ... 1/data.rar


Warning :
The current release is very buggy, retarded prone, got some basic mistakes. This is basically a program to demonstrate what can be done with the API. So if you deviate from the previous guideline... well thing are expected to implode quickly.

So that's not a true baddass program with error handling and killer features.
I just intend to do one for AoA. :3

EDIT: I know, it has nothing to do with modding but I'd prefer it be as confidential as possible while still being public for the time being.
Image

User avatar
Narcissistic Black
Major
Posts: 1892
Joined: Tue 14 Jan 2014 01:58
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby Narcissistic Black » Mon 13 Apr 2015 02:55

I'm lost.. what is the practical application of this?
The First Narcissist
Image
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

User avatar
The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4568
Joined: Fri 12 Jul 2013 22:29
Location: United States, Central Time Zone
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 13 Apr 2015 04:23

Looks like a lot of work has been put into this, but I don't get what the graph says. What are the axis supposed to represent?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu 1 Nov 2012 17:27
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby stratmania » Mon 13 Apr 2015 04:31

The W:AB Noob wrote:Looks like a lot of work has been put into this, but I don't get what the graph says. What are the axis supposed to represent?

I think its time (x axis) and hitrolls/shots (y-axis) since autocannons work like that (shoot a few then reload)

User avatar
D-M
Posts: 8794
Joined: Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:10
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby D-M » Mon 13 Apr 2015 07:16

That's it.

For now it's simply a demo but in the end it could be a tool compare 2 (or more) weapon's damage ouput more finely than by simply making a table and calculating an average rof. For instance, while the AGS has more RoF than the MK19, if you simulate both weapons, you 'll remark that for a long time, neither has a significant advantage as they regurlaly intersect each other.

Image

So even though the AGS has a much better average ROF, it doesn't mean it has always the advantage on the hitroll, and it only show after a significant amount of time.
It's the kind of analysis I 'd like to encourage, and it can only be done by looking at what actually happen over time. And therefore it need new pieces of software and ways to quickly grab data from the game.


But yeah, in the next version I 'll add the axis descriptions. :d
Image

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu 1 Nov 2012 17:27
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby stratmania » Mon 13 Apr 2015 10:54

D-M wrote:That's it.

For now it's simply a demo but in the end it could be a tool compare 2 (or more) weapon's damage ouput more finely than by simply making a table and calculating an average rof. For instance, while the AGS has more RoF than the MK19, if you simulate both weapons, you 'll remark that for a long time, neither has a significant advantage as they regurlaly intersect each other.

Image

So even though the AGS has a much better average ROF, it doesn't mean it has always the advantage on the hitroll, and it only show after a significant amount of time.
It's the kind of analysis I 'd like to encourage, and it can only be done by looking at what actually happen over time. And therefore it need new pieces of software and ways to quickly grab data from the game.


But yeah, in the next version I 'll add the axis descriptions. :d

That's very cool as I don't see any non-AA autocannon comparison, as well as non-infantry MG comparison. SAMs are great too.

User avatar
D-M
Posts: 8794
Joined: Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:10
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby D-M » Mon 13 Apr 2015 13:00

For missiles, the model only make sense for F&F missiles, as it 'd need to take the travel duration into account to model guided missiles properly.

And that, of course, doesn't only depend of the weapon.
Image

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu 1 Nov 2012 17:27
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby stratmania » Mon 13 Apr 2015 13:23

D-M wrote:For missiles, the model only make sense for F&F missiles, as it 'd need to take the travel duration into account to model guided missiles properly.

And that, of course, doesn't only depend of the weapon.

I am only looking for time between shots, missile speed is a different thing altogether.
I heard back then when Patriot was OP it had 1 sec salvo cooldown time (not salvo reload)

User avatar
D-M
Posts: 8794
Joined: Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:10
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby D-M » Mon 13 Apr 2015 13:46

stratmania wrote:
D-M wrote:For missiles, the model only make sense for F&F missiles, as it 'd need to take the travel duration into account to model guided missiles properly.

And that, of course, doesn't only depend of the weapon.

I am only looking for time between shots, missile speed is a different thing altogether.
I heard back then when Patriot was OP it had 1 sec salvo cooldown time (not salvo reload)


Ah well, that's the problem, for guided missiles the time between shot stat doesn't actually represent the whole story (and most of the time, it represents the less significant part) because you really have to add the travel time wich as a whole depend of the missile speed and movement ( = speed + position(s)) of the target.

So you might have an in-game data that say : 1 seconds between shot, it actually means : between 1 seconds and something like 5 seconds. And that really can't be modelled without making some standardizing assumptions or creating a highly parameterized simulation (target at x range, immobilized or heading toward y ° at z speed). It's a very interesting problem but in Wargame it's so full of particular cases that makes it actually difficult to sum up for a analysis.
Image

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu 1 Nov 2012 17:27
Contact:

Re: Wargame ROF Visualizer + Wargame data query API

Postby stratmania » Mon 13 Apr 2015 15:07

D-M wrote:
stratmania wrote:
D-M wrote:For missiles, the model only make sense for F&F missiles, as it 'd need to take the travel duration into account to model guided missiles properly.

And that, of course, doesn't only depend of the weapon.

I am only looking for time between shots, missile speed is a different thing altogether.
I heard back then when Patriot was OP it had 1 sec salvo cooldown time (not salvo reload)


Ah well, that's the problem, for guided missiles the time between shot stat doesn't actually represent the whole story (and most of the time, it represents the less significant part) because you really have to add the travel time wich as a whole depend of the missile speed and movement ( = speed + position(s)) of the target.

So you might have an in-game data that say : 1 seconds between shot, it actually means : between 1 seconds and something like 5 seconds. And that really can't be modelled without making some standardizing assumptions or creating a highly parameterized simulation (target at x range, immobilized or heading toward y ° at z speed). It's a very interesting problem but in Wargame it's so full of particular cases that makes it actually difficult to sum up for a analysis.

I know what you mean, but I don't care about travel time; this is purely about how long a unit takes to fire that next missile? Is it like the BRDM-2 launcher where it is instant? or like the roland 2? etc etc etc.

Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests