Can't find Low LOD textures.

NeoSpectrum VI
Private

Can't find Low LOD textures.

Postby NeoSpectrum VI » Thu 30 Apr 2015 05:30

I've just gotten into skin modding and everything is going very smoothly. I'm currently using the guide at this link viewtopic.php?f=161&t=40121 and it has helped tremendously but still leaves some unanswered questions. I've photoshopped and made some decent high res model textures for the MI24VP and the MI24D, my issue is that I find the High resolution with alpha, finish it, I find the mid distance one with no alpha, and finish it, but there are always 2 texture files left for the specific unit type, small in size, and I only assume that they are the low resolution and long distance ones. But when I open them in Compressinator they are 256x256pixels just like the guide says they will be, but they're simply blank black squares. I've even tried skinning over one with my texture to no avail. I zoom in and my helicopters are black and skinned correctly, but i zoom out not even far and they're back to their off green natural color. If anyone could give me an idea on how to fix these "from afar" textures, I'd appreciate any input. o7!

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Can't find Low LOD textures.

Postby COMThing » Thu 30 Apr 2015 12:07

The low LODs are contained within 1-4 images per nation. If you search for "urss\lods" in ZZ_3a you should find what you are looking for. Since all LODs are grouped together, you will have to search each game version for the last time the files were updated, but since I haven't done any significant REDFOR skinning I can't tell you which version you want.

MenDuck
Major

Re: Can't find Low LOD textures.

Postby MenDuck » Thu 30 Apr 2015 15:57

Welcome to the Forums!

If you ever want to install them using WMI, here's a targetPath for Mi-24D:

Code: Select all

targetPath="Data\WARGAME\PC\430000587\430000609\ZZ_3a.dat"
targetContentPath="pc\texture\assets\3d\units\urss\lods\tscother_diffusetexturenoalpha02.tgv"
column="5"
row="7"/>

And here's for Mi-24VP:

Code: Select all

targetPath="Data\WARGAME\PC\430000587\430000609\ZZ_3a.dat"
targetContentPath="pc\texture\assets\3d\units\urss\lods\tscother_diffusetexturenoalpha02.tgv"
column="1"
row="7"/>

Hope that helps :D

Return to “Modding”