Noob's Tips and Tricks

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Noob's Tips and Tricks

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 13 May 2015 01:39

So IDK where to put this, but I there's a bit of information I have that I didn't get to share, sometimes because people didn't ask for it. Sure, a lot of it won't be very useful for most mods, but it's still fun.

1. Wargame videos.
There are three main videos: the Focus logo, Eugen logo, and loading screen. All 3 can be found in Data.dat of the 210 folder.
Focus: This is the first video that comes up. Note that the volume comes quite low, so make it higher when making the video. Format: focus.wmv, 1920x1080, Frame rate: 29
Eugen: The volume here also comes low. Format: eugen.wmv, 1280x720, Frame rate: 30
Loading: Since music usually plays during the loading process, I recommend that you not put any sounds. Format: outgame.wmv, 1920x1200, Frame rate: 25
Extra tips: IDK if it's just my computer sometimes, but I've seen the frames step up to like 120% for some reason or another when saving the video speed at 100%, so I just set the frames speed at 99% and it works almost perfectly. In the loading video, you will see the text "Loading..." on the top. This is not part of the .wmv, you can edit the text in interface_outgame.dic in 587/609. Also, if you want to not let a person skip the video by pressing the "Esc" key, you can mod pc\ndf\nonpatchable\system3d\logovideos\eugen.ndfbin (or editeur.ndfbin for Focus).

2. "Computer screen" in the Wargame Menu.
This is in 210\ZZ_4.dat, inside outgametextures.ppk. (For those who don't know, you have to export the .ppk with the "Raw Data" button, then open that with the Modding Suite). The file is called hq_screen_bg.tgv. When I tried to save it with Photoshop CS2, it required that the pixels be set in multiples of 4, so I simply reduced size to 920x724. Image format: DXT5, No mipmaps, pixel height and width 920x724. Extra tip: all images you put into ZZ_4.dat will come out about 150% darker than what you saved it as, so make your image extra bright.

3. Retexturing the Armory.
Go to 210\ZZ_2.dat. Search for "showroom_02". Now you should see 8 files. Going top-down of what each file contains: Rear-right floor, Front-right floor, Front-left floor, Front-right floor, objects, some walls/panels, back walls, front and side walls. The hard part is the shadows, which are not generated, but are part of the picture: http://i.imgur.com/dwahhjE.png. Save the floors as DXT5, No Mipmaps. Save the walls/objects DXT1, No Mipmaps, No alpha.

4. Wargame: European Escalation.
I haven't messed around too much, but I do know that it is similar to W:RD, and all the what is normally in ZZ_1, 2, 3, 4, and Win is in Data\PC\6137\ZZ_Win.dat. Textures seem unmoddable.

I will post more as I remember.
Last edited by The W:AB Noob on Tue 9 Jun 2015 01:47, edited 3 times in total.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

ReverendSpecialK
Warrant Officer

Re: Noob's Tips and Tricks

Postby ReverendSpecialK » Wed 13 May 2015 02:11

Is it at all possible to remove shadows in the armory?
The Original, Narcissistic Yellow.
Image <-Click Here for More Info!

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 13 May 2015 04:07

ReverendSpecialK wrote:Is it at all possible to remove shadows in the armory?

What do you mean by "remove"?

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Wed 13 May 2015 04:22

The shadows are rendered, not painted on, so no.

Has anyone figured out how to open .ess files? If we can do that we can have sound mods.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 13 May 2015 04:31

Bollywood Baloney wrote:The shadows are rendered, not painted on, so no.

Well maybe he wanted to "remove" the shadows by covering them up? IDK, we shall see.
Bollywood Baloney wrote:Has anyone figured out how to open .ess files? If we can do that we can have sound mods.

This might help you: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=42270#p514288

Return to “Modding”