Missile placement on pylons

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Missile placement on pylons

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Sun 31 May 2015 05:46

So I've created a custom loadout for the F-16C Block 52. So far so good, the bombs appear on the model, and everything is functional.

The pylon arrangement is wrong though:

(This actually isn't even the default arrangement I get, by default I get a retarded 2-1-1-1-1-2 that makes my F-16 look like an X-wing, I got this by following COMThing's loadout guide and replacing the MissileCarriage mesh with that of the Danish F-16MLU)

What I want to achieve is this:

Except with GBU-12s in place of the Mavericks

Is there any way to influence where weapons get placed on pylons or is it all random? I've tried setting different mounting types, nothing seems to work.

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Missile placement on pylons

Postby COMThing » Sun 31 May 2015 05:54

You need to use the US F-16A/C MissileCarriage. Most F-16s are incompatible with each other for some odd reason.

ace_Ad
Sergeant First-Class
Location: Leipzig. The better Berlin. ...according to the NY Times :)

Postby ace_Ad » Sun 31 May 2015 11:05

Hi, I know this problem very well and I tried a lot to fix it. :? The placement on pylons is set by the 3D Modell I think. If you change the mesh (appearence modell) to the mesh of an other F16 (like F16 Block 15 to F16MLU-Mesh) the weapons will be placed like on the F16MLU. If you do so you will also have to use the skin of the MLU :(

BTW: there is an other problem: you never know which pylon ist set as the first to be loaded. But it appears that the wingtip pylons are very often set as first if you use A-A missiles.

Addition: I think the problem with the Paveways is that they are actualy "no bombs" in the game. As far as I remeber they are like missiles that is why they use "missile pylons". You can try to set MountingType 2.

(had this problem a few weeks ago, so I am no more absolutely sure about all the facts)

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Thu 18 Jun 2015 00:46

Alright, another issue.

I've changed the Chinese JH-7 Feibao naval AShM plane to drop 1000kg bombs. Again, everything is functional but the bombs make a missile sound when I drop them and there is no bomb effect. The projectiles are invisible.

The plane editing guide is very ambiguous on how to fix this problem.

ace_Ad
Sergeant First-Class
Location: Leipzig. The better Berlin. ...according to the NY Times :)

Postby ace_Ad » Thu 18 Jun 2015 10:31

You have to edit the ACTIONS in the Appearence modell. You need one instance for the gun (TCompositHappening) with the sub instances : weapon_effect_tag1 ; tir_c; 1
Two instances for the bombs:
TCompositHappening with the sub instances 1) weapon_effect_tag3, tir, 1
2) weapon_effect_tag3, tir, 2
and two instances for missiles (if there are any in the third slot):
TSoundHappening with the sub instances 1)weapon_effect_tag4, tir, 1
2)weapon_effect_tag4, tir, 2

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Thu 18 Jun 2015 23:51

Ah yes, that fixed it.

Still having problems with pylons though. Is there any method to the madness aside from replacing the MeshDescriptor in TMissileCarriageConnoisseur?

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Fri 21 Aug 2015 08:55

Bumping this thread again because I can't find the modding questions one. I'm looking for help with two things.

First, does anyone have experience changing plane models while simultaneously changing the loadout (and thus the weapon placement on hardpoints)? Note that this is not a simple module swap like changing the model of a tank would be, because the loadout of the aircraft dictates the missiles that appear on the model in TDepiction, so you can't just steal the whole Apparence module from another airplane. I've messed with this a little bit but just can't get it working without crashing. Does anyone have experience with this? I know the guy who made Crimean Escalation does and I PM'ed him, but he doesn't seem to be around.

Secondly, can someone explain how exactly the list of turrets works? I'm trying to get around the 3 weapon limitation on airplanes by hiding the gun (much like CIWS is hidden on ships) in the UI and then adding another weapon. But I can't seem to get my turrets straight. What is the relationship between all the "tourelle" tags, the weapons that correspond to them and the weapon models that correspond to them?
Last edited by Bollywood Baloney on Fri 21 Aug 2015 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 21 Aug 2015 15:18

I am like the worst guy to be answering this, but I will try my best.
Missile model info is placed in SubDepictionGenerators, and eventually, you will run into a bunch of TMissileCarriageSubDepictionMissileInfo's. Each of these contain the type of missile (keep clicking through object references and you will see the model file), the weapon slot (WeaponIndex), and the order that they fire (MissileIndex).

I might be wrong, but I think Tag and TagIndex tells which order the weapons are supposed to be in. However, I believe you need all 3 weapons slots full to have a fourth.

You should really ask COMthing or Narc Black about this. They don't seem to be on the forums much though... :?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 21 Aug 2015 22:11

Bollywood Baloney wrote:Alright, another issue.

I've changed the Chinese JH-7 Feibao naval AShM plane to drop 1000kg bombs. Again, everything is functional but the bombs make a missile sound when I drop them and there is no bomb effect. The projectiles are invisible.

The plane editing guide is very ambiguous on how to fix this problem.

CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

AtheistDane
Sergeant

Postby AtheistDane » Wed 2 Sep 2015 20:28

How would you go about arming the A-10 with mavericks on all pylons?

Return to “Modding”