Changing AP Damage Scaling

Militant1006
Sergeant

Changing AP Damage Scaling

Postby Militant1006 » Tue 21 Jul 2015 09:35

I remember reading on the forums somewhere that there was away to change how much damage AP could do after it penetrates armour. From memory there was a file you go into and you can change the values which would change how AP interacts with armour. I can't for the life of me find the post I was looking for, spent 2 hours searching.

eg. My plan is to change some numbers so that when the rounds can penetrate armour, if it has say one more AP value than the armour it hits, instead of adding one hitpoint of damage, I would like to multiply it by 4. So that if you had 3 more AP than the armour you're hitting, you could theoretically one shot a tank, while have 2 more would give you 8 hitpoints of damage.

horsman
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Changing AP Damage Scaling

Postby horsman » Tue 21 Jul 2015 11:50

Id say instance 236 is the one your looking for, could be wrong tho only gave each instance a quick look over.
Don't mind my spelling I'm just dyslexic

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 21 Jul 2015 18:23

IDK too much about weapons, but maybe PhysicalDamages?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Tue 21 Jul 2015 18:44

Your idea doesn't involve changing AP scaling, actually, but instead you should edit TArmeArmureContainer (or something like it) - it's a look-up table that the game uses to determine how much damage should be applied to unit with armor X when hit by AP Y. It's given as arrays of float numbers: with the arrays themselves corresponding to armor values, index of their elements - to the AP damage, and the values themselves being HP damage.

Militant1006
Sergeant

Postby Militant1006 » Wed 22 Jul 2015 07:06

Thanks, that sounds like what I'm looking for.

EDIT:
I'm having a bit of trouble with this making sense to me, I believe I've made it to the right instance
http://i.imgur.com/LufyCp2.png
I'm just struggling to put this all into a big picture.
http://i.imgur.com/PTr2XUa.png
Would you be able to provide an example of changing it? I just can't get this to click, I feel like each 'map' is an armour value, each entry in those is the AP value, and the actual numbers/values are the damage done? Am I right in this?

Even with that in my mind I can't seem to figure out how I'd manipulate it so 4x the damage is caused from vanilla. Would I just increase all those values 4 times over?

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Wed 22 Jul 2015 11:05

I just can't get this to click, I feel like each 'map' is an armour value, each entry in those is the AP value, and the actual numbers/values are the damage done?

You need TGameplayArmeArmureContainer - it's the look-up table for AP, while FloatArmeArmure is for HE (I think, though never tested).

And do remember that armor and AP in database != armor and AP as displayed in game.
FIrst, there are around four 0 armors with different resistances to small arms fire, so database armor = game armor + 4
Second, kinetic AP occupies first 30 arme values, IIRC, and after that HEAT AP is in 31-60 arme range. And there are some specific values in 0-5 range which correspond to different small arms/HE rounds, IIRC.

Even with that in my mind I can't seem to figure out how I'd manipulate it so 4x the damage is caused from vanilla. Would I just increase all those values 4 times over?

Yeah, I think basically this, except be on a look out for HEAT - they're configured to always cause 1 HP damage regardless of ability to penetrate, and you probably don't want them to inflict 4 HP damage on a non-penetrating hit :D .

Militant1006
Sergeant

Postby Militant1006 » Wed 22 Jul 2015 11:10

Ah ok that makes sense, and yeah I've got the way armour and AP values work sorted so I should be able to work with that. I'll have a look at TGameplayArmeArmureContainer and see what I can do.

Return to “Modding”