How do you make custom factions? I've wanted to make a deck based on this:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_ ... /id=338123

Any help please.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Custom Factions

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Sep 2015 05:42

Yuktobanian... Ace Combat much?
It is not possible to add a new nation, but it is certainly doable to replace an existing nation.

1. Nation
What country do you want to replace? Will it be Blufor or Redfor? You should either do a country that has a lot of the same units (ie. UK/USSR) so that you don't have as much work to do, a county who's language sounds similiar (since we can't edit sound files) or one nobody plays (NK/Denmark)

2. Units
Though textures are editable, models are not. Meaning that units like the FV657 Kurgenentas, Challenger 2UT, FV470 BMPT, FV559 Bumerang, M787L, AS-92B, Tigr Light Utility Vehicle, CFA's, and PAK-50 will either have to not be included or use substitute models. (BMP-2, ZTZ-88 III, BTR-T, SKOT, M110A2, MSTA, and Humvee are some suggestions respectively.) Also, what will you do for infantry?

3. Balance
I will admit, Eugen made this a bit hard by having 1700 units in the game. Looking at the list, some of these units look like they will be a tad OP. Will you make these units pricey and low in availability? Take feedback from testers and people from the comments. Also, try to add a diverse range of weapons/loadouts, especially in planes.

4. Setting
You can make your custom nation stats wise, but it won't be cool or feel authentic unless we add a couple more things. First up, insert the flag (587>609 ZZ_4.dat commoncomponents.ppk?). The you want to make sure that your units have to correct localized weapon names, and change the names of the in-game commanders (210 ZZ_Win.dat unitsnames_COUNTRY.dic).

I hope the is helps and you actually get around to making this mod. If you need help, please PM me.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Merkava_
Corporal

Re: Custom Factions

Postby Merkava_ » Sat 12 Sep 2015 07:50

The W:AB Noob wrote:Yuktobanian... Ace Combat much?
It is not possible to add a new nation, but it is certainly doable to replace an existing nation.

1. Nation
What country do you want to replace? Will it be Blufor or Redfor? You should either do a country that has a lot of the same units (ie. UK/USSR) so that you don't have as much work to do, a county who's language sounds similiar (since we can't edit sound files) or one nobody plays (NK/Denmark)

2. Units
Though textures are editable, models are not. Meaning that units like the FV657 Kurgenentas, Challenger 2UT, FV470 BMPT, FV559 Bumerang, M787L, AS-92B, Tigr Light Utility Vehicle, CFA's, and PAK-50 will either have to not be included or use substitute models. (BMP-2, ZTZ-88 III, BTR-T, SKOT, M110A2, MSTA, and Humvee are some suggestions respectively.) Also, what will you do for infantry?

3. Balance
I will admit, Eugen made this a bit hard by having 1700 units in the game. Looking at the list, some of these units look like they will be a tad OP. Will you make these units pricey and low in availability? Take feedback from testers and people from the comments. Also, try to add a diverse range of weapons/loadouts, especially in planes.

4. Setting
You can make your custom nation stats wise, but it won't be cool or feel authentic unless we add a couple more things. First up, insert the flag (587>609 ZZ_4.dat commoncomponents.ppk?). The you want to make sure that your units have to correct localized weapon names, and change the names of the in-game commanders (210 ZZ_Win.dat unitsnames_COUNTRY.dic).

I hope the is helps and you actually get around to making this mod. If you need help, please PM me.

1. I would probably replace the USSR, since language and most of the air force and some ground are Russian based.

2. Since I have no experience with texturing, this would be a hard spot for me to cover. I'm trying to learn as good as I can, but theres some other questions I have that remain unanswered. For Infantry i'm thinking of doing the normal Motostrelki, but if I could change the weaponry a bit, I would.

3. The Challengers I have in mind that I might include are the 2A1, 2A4, and the 2A6, which would be a prototype. The Challenger 2A6 would basically equal the high cost tanks in terms of cost, with probably a better tank gun in the form of the L77 prototype. The Yuktobanian FV510 Series would be non-prototype untill the FV550, where they would be prototypes. Of course I would not add all of the FV510s, meaning I would probably have the FV510 and FV530 only along with the FV550. Since i'm trying to set it in Yuktobanian 2000s era, this means less Arleigh Burkes (Kongo) and more Sovrennmy and Udaloys. This also means no Bumerang, CFA, PAK-FA, and other units, and I'll use more of the Flankers and non-western jets.

4. Again, I'm very new to modding in general, and have no idea how anything works, so I'll try to figure out everything when I have the time, but i'll end up asking a lot of questions.

Return to “Modding”