Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.47; ongoing APS update, Yugo upgrade

frdgk
Private

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.47; ongoing APS update, Yugo upgrade

Postby frdgk » Tue 7 May 2019 04:25

Hi there, I've been playing A&S for a while now and I think it's a great mod. Liking the singleplayer campaigns. I have a little problem with skirmishes now though. Every time I start a skirmish(after deployment) the game goes to the victory screen saying I got a total victory. Any idea what's wrong? Thanks

aerogavin113
Private

Postby aerogavin113 » Sat 22 Jun 2019 12:11

I'm loving the changes to the 2nd Korean War campaign. However, I've been experiencing a significant increase in crash frequency compared to earlier versions. The crashes happen when I try to load saves or when battles are ended during the 2nd Korean War campaign. The game enters the loading screen, gets past one or two loading screen art pages, then stops and crashes with this popup:

Version : Final
Revision: 510064564
Branche: gitlab/wargame3
Projet: WARGAME
ACCESS VIOLATION (Reading 0x00000000)

Occurred the [date]

Core dumped in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\510064564_Wargame Final_d3b.dmp for post-mortem analysis.Þ

The game doesn't crash mid-battle, or when I try to start battles, or when I try to save games. I installed the mod normally, as I have previous versions (I've been playing since 2.46 and have never crashed so much in just a few hours). I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the mod, and the only thing that changes is instead of "ACCESS VIOLATION", "PRIV INSTRUCTION" may sometimes appear in the crash popup window, compared to when I first updated to 2.49.

ItsJimmy
Private

Postby ItsJimmy » Tue 2 Jul 2019 23:03

Hi guys, I have the same problem. Game crash when mission ends. I love Wargame, specially Ash and Shadows. Do you can fix it? Thank you :-*

thatAC130
Corporal

Postby thatAC130 » Tue 9 Jul 2019 21:33

There's a chance that most of the crashes during the 2kw campaign are caused by the different pawns used for the battlegroups, when using the Battle group manager. Used to happen to me all the time when I would edit my own missions, and i would use "import global pawns" when making the mission.
Me: Wait, what? You mean to tell me that an AC-130 got shot down by a Strella-2? That's some real Bull-
Friend: NOOOOOOO

her2773208
Private

Postby her2773208 » Sat 13 Jul 2019 00:13

hello I have a problem with the mod when I install it and entered the game I do not appear the new units are only the old units.
The menu changes but the units do not help me please wait for your answer

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 6 Aug 2019 13:53

How can I find lobby for this MOD?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 7 Aug 2019 11:24

and the Patriot (but not the Patriot PAC3) launch slow, accurate missiles. Their top speed is a little over double the top speed of most aircraft, but their acceleration and launch speed is low. The result is that they are easily avoided if an incoming plane turns away when their launch is spotted. Even after a few seconds accelerating, they lack the speed to catch fleeing aircraft.

But why...?
Almost every advanced SAM system med or high range system uses the corrected ballistic flight path method. The point of the S-350, S-300 and Patriot to have high burnout speed...

Important to note is the fact that although jammer pods will only automatically target units with weapon systems tagged [LOC], the weapon can be given “Attack Ground” orders, allowing it to inflict morale damage any ground vehicle or naval unit.

And this fact should be hidden but it is too late...
It can broke a game because you can destroy morale of GUs with a close flyby while the opponent very likely cannot down a SOJ aircraft which has two jammer pods.
If the manual said is automatic and you do not mention this unwanted issue likely most of ppl never would tried this.

I also do not get a part of SAM / AAM changes. Med range AAMs still have larger range than a 100+ km AD SAM unit and with a slow missile while AAMs are fast.

The very small turn rate value of F-35 cannot be justified, it should be similar to an F-16C.

ItsJimmy
Private

Postby ItsJimmy » Wed 14 Aug 2019 16:51

Hello, I tryied to play secon korea war (still 50 % crash in loading when mission ends) and I find a bug. Some amphibious vehicles doesnt know to swim but it still think as it can and vehicle stop front the river/sea and watch to the water. I cant write a name of vehicle now but it is US army recon in (Seoul). Thanks.

TAR5US
Private

Postby TAR5US » Wed 21 Aug 2019 23:34

thatAC130 wrote:There's a chance that most of the crashes during the 2kw campaign are caused by the different pawns used for the battlegroups, when using the Battle group manager. Used to happen to me all the time when I would edit my own missions, and i would use "import global pawns" when making the mission.

I think you are correct about this because I was going to build a BREXIT mod where UK/CAN/ANZ +US & INDIA duked it out in Britain against the EU nations and I got pretty far when I started messing with the pawns to make them resemble the correct units in the battlegroup I started having those crashes. I asked Spectre about it on Discord but he said he doesn't think he messed with the pawns. I wasted a lot of time because I messed with the pawns about halfway through and tried to change them back but it didn't fix the problem. AC130, I'm trying to figure out how to change the names of the zones on the map, I know it can be done because Zomba69 did it on his 2nd Yom Kippur war mod, I tried to reverse engineer his ZZWIN files to see if they are just a simple locationhash change but I have not had any success yet. I'm still not sure if I am going to complete the project because of the Pawn issue.

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Wed 18 Sep 2019 01:09

So your list of features claims you've made changes to the AP damage formula.

That's VERY interesting - I didn't even know that kind of data was exposed to the editor (let alone that you could change it). How did you go about doing that, if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to add something similar into a mod I'm working on.

Return to “Modding”