Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.47; ongoing APS update, Yugo upgrade

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 7 Oct 2015 05:52

Tank roll-out should now be complete for all armies. Beta 0.1 Release!

East-Germany has some units with erroniously high armor values as I haven't gotten around to fixing them since altering the underlying armor blindage properties on other vehicles. When I tackle E-Ger, I'll fix some of these.

China has a 15pt transport helo that goes 480kph, it shouldn't, will fix
The Raven still blinks and vanishes from the armory. Thought it might be due to incorrect main salvo = true setting causing it to evac Winchester. It wasn't. Still can't find the problem.

There may be the occasional instance of a unit with an oddly OP weapon or armor value from a change I made elsewhere. I hope I've caught most of them, but some may have slipped through, post if you find one.

Tank prices have so far only been ballanced by eye-balling them on paper, and even then, I may not have weighed all against all properly, so some will still be over or under priced. Will actually need play testing to properly figure out the effectiveness of some of these units.

Until then, it should be playable, but no guarantees of balance yet.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Sun 11 Oct 2015 07:58

Google drive files updated once again. Quite a list of changes to report on today.

At this point I'd say I'm about 75% of the way through phase 1; phase 2 being testing for points balance.
I'm still yet to do most of the aircraft, I haven't done much at all to the Chinese, and there are few changes for NK since I'm not really sure what to 'modernize' there.
Also, other than a few tank upgrades, I'm really not sure what to do for the Scandinavian countries. If anyone has some good ideas for some variant name/loadout Scandinavian infantry units, I'd like to hear about it. The same goes for Blue-dragon infantry units, otherwise they'll just be boring unit '90 and unit '15 names with variant LAW's

The Soviets are yet to get their IFV and ATGM carrier updates, plus Kornets, Iskanders and Verbas are yet to go in.
ANZACS are yet to get any Metalstorm stuff. Haven't put in the 120mm mortar carrier, the Stryker or updated the cobra helos for the US. Helo adjustments for the Blue dragons are also yet to happen.

Earlier in the week I adjusted the range on a large number of missiles and RPG's. Ranges on ATGM's and MANPADS has in several cases, been extended. Most RPG's and infantry launchers have had their range reduced (although at the same time, been updated to more modern, higher AP versions). The Milan and HOT missiles are yet to get this treatment (because their ranges won't be changing, they're all just getting moved to latest generation variants with higher AP and I need to figure out something to do with the spare ATGM squads)

The F-22 has got its modernized loadout, and hopefully with Aim-9x's that fire off boresight. I'm considering getting its Air to Air missiles to do double duty as HARM's, as apparently this has been considered in the AMMRAM replacement project, would solve the current scarcity in SEADS with missiles I've created for the US, and it would be an interesting point of difference.

The Javelin ATGM has been added for the US and ANZACs. In order to prevent it from being a tank-squashing 'I win' button, it has a slightly unusual operation. Similar to a tank gun, it's actually two weapons. The first has a range of 1925-2625m and is just a regular ATGM; albeit one with pretty good accuracy and damage. The second weapon only has a max range of 1925m, but has the [submunition] setting, so it top attacks.
In order to get the most out of it, you'll have to turn off the weapon and wait until a target is under 1925m away before firing, a range at which pretty much all tanks can fire back. On the plus side, the Missile is F&F.

The WAH-64 was added for the UK, armed with painfully long-ranged Brimstone missiles.

Assorted other updates;

StingerA replaced with StingerF, increased range
Red-eye replaced with Stinger Block II, even more increased range
SRAW missile added for Marine raiders
Riflemen given AT12T missile with half the number carried compared to Riflemen 90 with the AT4.
Deltaforce given Javelin missile and SCAR-H rifle
Cavalry scouts given Javelin.
Javelin ATGM squad added for US
Namer APC added for US
M2A3 Added for US
M2A3 ECP1 added for US
M6 Linebacker added for US
M1126 added for US
M1206 Added for US, using the UK warrior as a model.

NZLAV added as a transport option for the ANZACs
Milan ATGM squad turned into Javelin ATGM for ANZAC
SASR machinegun improved, renamed M60E6
NZSAS given MP5-SD (no functional change over their previous weapon) and a silenced MG5. They should be really stealthy in a firefight.
L129A1 from British service added as a 'second line' rifle for MANPAD and ATGM teams. Similar to the CQB16 the NZDF is procuring and the underlying TAmmo types are shared with several UK units, so its a bit of a work-around.

KSK added for Germany; armed with MP7 and a really high ROF. Hopefully its not hilariously OP and is instead 'powerful but situational'. may need adjustment. KSK also have matador breaching launcher and the MG5 machinegun.
Dekunsgruppe also get an MP7 with a lower ROF by virtue of sharing the underlying weapon.

JTF2 added for Canada. Armed with the silenced MG5 and the FN-P90. Not quite the ROF of the MP7, but better suppression.

MTB-LAW added for UK
Gurkas given the MP7.
SAS given SCAR-H and updated Stingers
The Rifles given ground oriented transport options
Grenadier Guards given Matador breaching launcher
SBS given MG5 and Matador breaching launcher.
L129A1 Added as a replacement for the 'older/second line' units, MANPADS, ATGM's and the like. Set to be a designated marksman rifle in the UK service, it was the better option of giving them SCARs or L85's.

FJB-40 moved to Poland, renamed Jednostka Wojskowa, given a Grom and a Vampyr.
PL-01 FSV added for Poland, armed with a 125mm cannon
PL-01 added as a transport option for Poland
Rosomak added as a transport option for Poland
Rosomak M1M added as a transport option for Poland. Need to remove its amphibious speed, too much armor to float.

Motorstrelki, Morskaya Pehota and Gornostrelki all given a '98 name suffix, and the Kord heavy machinegun.

Cyan
Sergeant

Postby Cyan » Sun 11 Oct 2015 16:44

Hello.

That is a very ambitious mod you are making, and with the model restrictions, it is going to be hard.

But if you want some ideas for a 2015 Danish deck, i will pitch in with some stuff :)

Im not sure if you want to remove the 1975 and earlier stuff, but i will asume you are going to keep them? I will try an propose some upgrade to some of them though.

Log. Section:
Spoiler : :
Surply truck. The MAN series is one of the most used surply trucks in Danish service ( Along with the Mercedes trucks, wich are not in game though ) Germany have a MAN truck in theire deck, that can be used as a proxy for the Danish MAN MPV 8x8 SX
http://www.armyvehicles.dk/man32440.htm Bought from 2005-2009. This is the newest version.

Surply Heli. Tricky one. Closest thing in Danish service is the SAR and large multirole helis. From 1965 that would be the Sirkorsky s-61. A Sea King variant. ( I belive there was a Sea King in AirLandBattle? If theres a model that could be used that would be an option )
From 2010 the Merlin EH101 would take over from the old S-61. ( No idea what could be a proxy for that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_AW101

Alternativly we could use the Sikorsky S-70, wich is in use with the ANZAC. Or the US Sea Hawk.

Inf. Section :
Home Guard. (Hær Hjemmeværnet)
Current loadout is a weird mix between early 50s and mid 60s and is allready very outdated by the games old time line. There is no change in name just load out, im afraid. Making a 75 and a 90 version instead of the current one might make them more relevant? Allso the Mosegris was a reliq from WW2 and gone by the late 50s. Replaced by the M113 or normal trucks.

Load out: 75 version.Gv M/66 (G3A3) - DYKN M/66 ( Carl G. M1 ) - M/62 (Mg3)
95 version. Gv M/95 (M16 - C7FT ) - DYKN M/85 (Carl Gustav. M3) - M/62 (Mg3)

Homeguard would only come in Trucks.

Regulars. ( Dragonerne )
Name is an invention of Eugen. It is the name of an Armored Regiment, not an infantry type. They represent the most basic troops, who would be conscripts, but there would be conscribts in all regiments of the time, not just in the Armored Regiment. ( If a new name would be desired, they could be called Værnepligtige ( Conscripts ) ). 75 and 95 versions would not be too diffrent from the Home Guard versions.

Loadout: 75 version. Gv M/75 (G3A5) - DYKN M/66 (Carl Gustav .M1) - M/62 (Mg3)
95 version. Gv M/95 (M/16 - C7FT ) - Pvv M/95 (AT4) - M/62 (Mg3)

Shock. ( Livgarden )
Same as with Dragonerne, they are named after a Mech. Regiment, and not a unit type. They represent profesional soldiers ( Konstabler ). In the early 2000s Conscripts make out a very small % of the armed forces, most troops after 2000 would be profesionals. So i would make all post 2000 soldiers shock.

Loadout: 75 version as it is ingame ( no change ).
85 version change to 97 and given. Kb M/96 (M16 carbine version - C8FT) - Pvv M/97 (AT4 cs) - M/62 (Mg3)
2015 version. Kb M/10 ( M16 carbine version - C8IUR ) - Pvv M/97 (At4 cs) - M/14 ( M60E6 )

Special Forces: (FKP)
Pretty fine as it is, loadout wise. Maybe a 2000s version?

Loadout: 2015 version. Kb M/96 ( C8IUR ) Maybe a Grenade launcher? Like the M203 (Gk M/03 in danish) otherwiser make it any CG m3 or AT4 version AT. - M/14 ( M60E6 )

Anti Air. Nothing new.

Fire Support.
Nothing new. Maybe move the 85 version up to the 90s and give it a newer rifle ( Gv M/95 ) or make them a dismounted TOW 2 unit?

Support:
Artillery.
In real life there has been no new purchasess in this department, proposed systems have been the Archer and ATMOS. However the French Caesar was considered too ( And it is ingame )

New Artillery: Caesar DK. Same as the French version.

Air Defence:
Nothing new. ( All Air Defence has been made the responsibility of the Air Force and Navy, there is no current anti air defence on the ground :( )

Tanks:
Leopard 2A5 Dk ( 2A6 with shorter gun barrel )

Recon:
SEP:
1959 Homeguard recon unit. Armed with "light" weapons, they where a stay behind recon unit, charge with going behind enemy lines, hide and report back. Militia training.

Loadout: Hovea M/49 - LAW - No MG

Patruljekompagniet:
1995 the former Homeguard SEP is change into a new organisation with far higher standards. They now train with the special forces and are to be considered as Shock troops or atleast regulars.

Loadout: Gv M/95 (M16) - Carl Gustav M3 - Fsg M/85 (PSG-1) (Sniper Rifle)

SSR:
2007 the unit are once again changed and becomes on par with Special forces in all intends and purposes ( Still under homeguard comand though, but in operation with all brances of the armed forces )

Loadout: Gv M/10 (C8IUR) - Pvv M/97 (AT4CS) - Either the LSV M/04 (SAKO TRG 42), the Fsg M/85 (PSG-1) or the MG3.

Eagle IV:
Spejdervogn M/10 upgraded version of the Spejdervogn M/95. More armor and better weapons.

Loadout: Either MK19 40mm Grenade launcher or a 12,7mm mg. Better armor. Same armor all around the vehicle, except maybe on the top. No ekstra optics though.

Vehicles:

HMMWV-TOW 3:
In 2000 the US HMMWV was chosen as the replacement of the obsolete Laro TOW2, the same year TOW 3
was selected as the replacement of the old TOW 2s. The unit is allready ingame as the M966 Humvee TOW2 in the US deck.
( Im not sure TOW 3 ever got produced? but lets asume it did )

Piranha IIIH:
APC. From 1997 the main wheeled APC of Denmark. The US LAV-C2 CV is a very close proxy for the Piranhas. Armed with a 12,7mm MG. Armor would be 2 on front and sides i would guess.

Piranha IIIC:
APC. From 2005 a new batch of dual purpose Piranha APCs was bought. Ekstra add on armor was an option. Might bring the armor up to 3 on front and 2 on the rest. 12,7mm Mg.

Patria XA-185:
APC. Leased as an ambulance, but could be used as an ordinary APC instead of or together with the Piranha 3/LAV-C2.
From 2002 and would likely be the same as the Norwigian XA-186NO.

CV9035 DK:
IFV from 2007 ( Only IFV Denmark has ever had ) Would be inbetween the Norwigian CV9030 and the Swedish CV9040. Same armor package.

Helicopters:
Nothing realy. Denmark has never had any "battle" helicopters and both the TOW Defender and Fenneck 20mm is allready stretching it. Transport Helicopters are limited to SAR ( And minor multi purpose transport. ) and small insertion. Wich would be the Sikorsky S-61 and later the Merlin EH-101 for SAR and Multi purpose, and the Fenneck and LYNX as small insertion and minor transport.

The Sikorsky S-70 or US Sea Hawk is a posibility instead of the Merlin and S-61.

Air:
Im not very good at plane loadouts. But only new F16s would be added. Upgraded and posible one of them with HARM.

As an alternativ we could add an F/A 18 Super Hornet, as that is one of the contestants to replace the F16s.

(Currently the replacement has been postponded several times and it is still going on, despite being about 10 years late. The F35 was a favorite but taking too long and not showing as much promise as hoped for)

rex88
Lieutenant
Location: Land of Iced Cappuccino. Why buy a mattress anywhere else?

Postby rex88 » Mon 12 Oct 2015 01:15

Another ambitious mod! I salute you. With all the official patches that are coming, I figured that some scratch notes about unit directories may come handy to you, so that you can restore the mod slightly faster every time a patch ruins the mod.

Spectre_nz wrote:Redfor

CHI
ZTZ-99 Added
ZTZ-99A added
ZTZ-85-III renamed ZTZ 90, gun and armor alterations
HQ-61 range increased
Yet to be implemented
Add ZTZ-99
Add ZTZ-96
Add J10 Strike fighter
Add J-11 ASF
Add J-20 stealth ASF
Add J-31 stealth strike fighter
Add Z-10 helo
Add Z-19 light attack helo

Other ideas needed

some suggestions are:
ZTZ-59D (using the T-55AMV model)ZBD-03 transport (airborne)
ZBD-04 transport (standard)
ZBD-08 transport (heavy)
Jiao Long (spec op marine)
Kongjiang (shock airborne)
Z-9W (light multirole gunship)
Z-10W (medium multirole gunship)
LD-2000 (land based CIWS)
PGZ-07 (Gepard model, exceptional Air Detect, no missiles)
HQ-17 (TOR clone)
PLZ-05 (...no easy model. on par with MSTA)
Sovremenny II (faster-launching SAMs)
054A Frigate (la fayette model and comparable stats)
WS-2 (very long range rocket arty, similar model to Uragan)
HJ-10 ATGM (2 salvos of 4 for 8 missiles total. Extreme range but SACLOS)

I included some rough notes on unit indices, if you want to implement any of this.
Contents of the zip:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j05yor3lci57hv/PRC%20mod%20rough%20notes.zip?dl=0

PLA Helicopters: Includes how to cannibalize SA202 into a recon helo that shoots HJ-9, has longbow optics, and has the movement/armor/size of a Z-9. Plus some other scattered indices about random helos to cannibalize.

PLA Infantry Plans: Unit indices for transports at the bottom of the page.

PLA original infantry munitions: A reference sheet for PLA infantry in their original states

PLA Support: Shows how to change PGZ-63 into a TOR, and PGZ-80 into LD-2000 without damaging similar units from other factions.

PLA ZTZ-99: Includes ghetto methods to implement the JT-1 laser dazzler, damage and blindage properties that copy soviet tank hulls, and adding Refleks to certain turrets.

the notes are messily written but hopefully prove convenient
Thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for making this signature.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Mon 12 Oct 2015 04:39

Thanks Rex & Cyan, I'll definitely look to use some of this, especially regarding the infantry.

With all the official patches that are coming, I figured that some scratch notes about unit directories may come handy to you, so that you can restore the mod slightly faster every time a patch ruins the mod.

I've currently gotten around 20 pages of notes and plans, so hopefully a rebuild won't be too painful.
In the mean time, lets all make the requisite offerings to the powers that be in the hope that any future patches don't screw with the existing NDF structure, so all we have to do is replace the files in a different folder...

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Sat 17 Oct 2015 23:17

Partial aircraft rollout and .626 patch update

Files are updated with new units and integrated with recently released patch.
I fixed the issues with the Raven blinking out of the armory, it was because it was evacing winchester, due to the way the main salvo was incorrectly identified after I took the missiles away.

Known faults:
The Soviet Mig-29 bomber got 16 bombs, will need to correct this.
The RAH-66 Currently has the wrong stand-in skin. So its got the wrong wrong skin, not the right wrong skin.
The F-18E/F Skin has harpoon missiles on the wingtips. Oops.
Many fighters do not have the representative number of missiles on their wings, but this is because I'm jamming additional missiles in all over the place and not keeping the missilecarraige updated.

Updates and changes:
Most MLRS have had their range reduced to scale them with comparable weapons. The Uragan, for example, should have a comparable range to a Maverick missile, however it gets a bonus and gets a range above 10000 WU (Wargame units). The Smersh and various M270's get a range around 17000-18000 WU, putting them on par with BVR air to air missiles with a range of 200-300km.

SEAD missile ranges and some AA ranges have also been adjusted

PAK-FA added for USSR. Armed with standoff R-37M missiles + K-74M2 IR missiles
Mig-37 Added for USSR; The designation does not exist in real life, however this is intended to be the Mig-LFS, and the Mig-37 designation was next in line for use, logically. Armed with IR Air-to-air and Kh-38 Anti-tank missiles.
Su-34 Added for USSR Armed with 16 500kg FAE's.
Su-34MF added for USSR, armed with 3 KAB-1500's
Su-25 updated to Su-25T
Su-25T updated to Su-25TM
Su-24M2 added

A copy of the Su-27M was added for the Czechs.

F-35 Added for the US, armed with the JSOW standoff cluster munition
F-35 B added, armed with JDAMS
F-15C armament increased, changed to Aim-120 D's
A-10C added
A6A updated to A6E, swapped to 500kg bombs
F-16C wild weasle plus added
EA6B loaded with HARM-ER missiles
F-18E added
F-117 renamed to MQ-45C Phantom ray, same stats. This was to keep the unit in line with the 'modern' exceptional stealth units.
Cost of F-111's decreased

F/A-18F Added for ANZACs
F-18G Growler added for ANZACs

Eurofighter typhoon loadout updated with ASRAAMs and Meteor missiles for the UK
Tornado EC3 added for UK, armed with 6 Alarms.
Tornado Gr.4 added for UK Armed with 12 Brimstones.
Harrier Gr.9 Added for UK, armed with Brimstone II's

F-15SE Silent eagle added for ROK
F-15K Slam eagle added for ROK, armed with KEPD standoff missile

Crash notes:
I've had the game crash in single player skirmish while fighting T-14 Armata's, its only happened once so it may be a coincidence, but there may be an issue with the ECM settings that only occasionally triggers a crash.

Update 2: Its not the Armata, its the Kord HMG. Looking to see what's wrong with it.

Update3: Kord fixed, new file uploaded

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 21 Oct 2015 05:48

Most Danish units now updated, except for their logistics units. In fact, no logistics units updated for anyone, yet.

While repeatedly typing 'DAN' to filter to Danish units in the unitselector and wondering why I wasn't typing DEN, it occurred to me that in english, the Danes come from Denmark while the French come from France.

I wonder if that's a quirk of the native languages or just the english language being silly again.

Anyway.
Several Danish infantry and weapon renames without much in the way of stat alterations.
Spejdervogn M/10 added
Jagers turned into SSR
CN9030DK replaces one of the M113's
XA-185 replaces the other M113DK variant
HMMWV replaces M6
A SEAD F-16 has been added
A JSOW carrying F16 replaces the F35 Draken, since I used its existing weapon to make the JSOW for the US, so figured I'd keep the loadout here too.
The CF-108 has become an F-16 with a more or less unchanged bomb-load.

Aside from Denmark;

Minor adjustments to infantry weapons across the board to differentiate them all a little.
US M16A2's and Canadian C7's get a slight accuracy and range buff, but a suppression penalty.
US marine raiders get the M27 IAR in place of a machine gun, lower ROF than most machine guns, but better accuracy and damage.
US marine raiders and ROK UDT's get an improved carbine, with lower stationary accuracy than most other SF, but higher ROF and better accuracy on the move.
US marines get the M16A4, which is basically just a M16A2, but they're shock infantry, so their stats are a little better.
UK L85's get a buff to accuracy while stationary
French FAMAS get a slight buff to ROF and accuracy on the move
ANZAC EF88's get a buff to accuracy on the move and a slight increase in range
RFA G3's get a buff to range, and where already more accurate while stationary.
Scandinavian nations kept their existing slightly adjusted from baseline default weapons.
No changes for Japan or Korea as yet
Redfor gets 8pt line infantry with the default 525m range and 30%/15% accuracy.

Cyan
Sergeant

Postby Cyan » Wed 21 Oct 2015 10:17

Spectre_nz wrote:Most Danish units now updated, except for their logistics units. In fact, no logistics units updated for anyone, yet.

While repeatedly typing 'DAN' to filter to Danish units in the unitselector and wondering why I wasn't typing DEN, it occurred to me that in english, the Danes come from Denmark while the French come from France.

I wonder if that's a quirk of the native languages or just the english language being silly again.

Yeah, the language confusions are often very funny :). The times that Danes have been confused with Dutch, simply because of the first letter. (the Dutch comes from the Netherlands). It comes from the age old problem of translating names and words into another language. In Danish it is easy enough: Danmark, Dansker, Danskere, Dansk = Denmark, Danish, Danes, Danish.

Spectre_nz wrote:Anyway.
Several Danish infantry and weapon renames without much in the way of stat alterations.
Spejdervogn M/10 added
Jagers turned into SSR
CN9030DK replaces one of the M113's
XA-185 replaces the other M113DK variant
HMMWV replaces M6
A SEAD F-16 has been added
A JSOW carrying F16 replaces the F35 Draken, since I used its existing weapon to make the JSOW for the US, so figured I'd keep the loadout here too.
The CF-108 has become an F-16 with a more or less unchanged bomb-load.

Some interesting choises here.

Would the Jagers being replaced with the SSR be the 75 or 90 version? ( 75 version i would guess? )

And did you make the HMMWV into a transport? ( It was never intended as a transport, it was purely to replace the LARO atgm vehicles. )

Removing all the M113s, would remove the most widely used transport for Danish troops. ( Atleast if we stick with real history, i supose we could invent a future/past where they where all replaced in the 2000s ).
Depending on pricing of the new CV90 and XA-185, they would allso be the cheap end transport of Danish troops.

(Alternative you could turn the M6 Mosegris, LARO 106 mm and/or LARO TOW into the HMMWV, XA-185 and/or CV9035, and keep the M113G. If that is posible.)

It seems like an interesting play, i will try it out when i get some time this week. :)

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 21 Oct 2015 18:09

In Danish it is easy enough: Danmark, Dansker, Danskere, Dansk = Denmark, Danish, Danes, Danish.

I guess the change happened after an english speaking translator heard 'Danmark' spoken with an accent and transcribed it down as 'Denmark'. I can't imagine someone seeing the written Danish spellings and thinking "Hmm, too many A's, lets put an E in one of these"

Would the Jagers being replaced with the SSR be the 75 or 90 version? ( 75 version i would guess? )

And did you make the HMMWV into a transport? ( It was never intended as a transport, it was purely to replace the LARO atgm vehicles. )

Removing all the M113s, would remove the most widely used transport for Danish troops. ( Atleast if we stick with real history, i supose we could invent a future/past where they where all replaced in the 2000s ).
Depending on pricing of the new CV90 and XA-185, they would allso be the cheap end transport of Danish troops.

(Alternative you could turn the M6 Mosegris, LARO 106 mm and/or LARO TOW into the HMMWV, XA-185 and/or CV9035, and keep the M113G. If that is posible.)

Jagers '75 became SSR and got the AT4 and the same Kb M/96 assault rifle as the FPK. With pretty good range for an infantry rifle too.
Jagers '90 just got a name change to Jagers

With the transports it was tricky, Denmark has a very small selection of transports and of vehicles in general, so a limited number of things to re-purpose.
The swap out of the M6 for the HMMWV was just an approximate role for role modernization. Its largely cosmetic as the in-game stats are very close. The same would apply if I swapped LARO's for HMMWV's, mostly cosmetic, but I can do this swap fairly quickly.

If I can find a deprecated vehicle somewhere I can re-purpose it and replace a M113G, or I can grab the LARO 106mm, but then I have to make a vehicle that's not a transport into a transport, and that takes a little more time to get everything right.

Using the XA-185 as the low cost armored transport isn't quite realistic, true, but functionally its close to an up-armored M113, and I think a plausible alteration for the Danish military in an alternate history where the Soviets invaded Scandinavia in 1986...

Cyan
Sergeant

Postby Cyan » Wed 21 Oct 2015 22:42

Spectre_nz wrote:Jagers '75 became SSR and got the AT4 and the same Kb M/96 assault rifle as the FPK. With pretty good range for an infantry rifle too.
Jagers '90 just got a name change to Jagers

I thought so :) Seems like a good choise.

Spectre_nz wrote:With the transports it was tricky, Denmark has a very small selection of transports and of vehicles in general, so a limited number of things to re-purpose.
The swap out of the M6 for the HMMWV was just an approximate role for role modernization. Its largely cosmetic as the in-game stats are very close. The same would apply if I swapped LARO's for HMMWV's, mostly cosmetic, but I can do this swap fairly quickly.

If I can find a deprecated vehicle somewhere I can re-purpose it and replace a M113G, or I can grab the LARO 106mm, but then I have to make a vehicle that's not a transport into a transport, and that takes a little more time to get everything right.

Using the XA-185 as the low cost armored transport isn't quite realistic, true, but functionally its close to an up-armored M113, and I think a plausible alteration for the Danish military in an alternate history where the Soviets invaded Scandinavia in 1986...

Yeah, the selection was small to begin with, not that Denmark didnt have transports in real life. But they where about 10 diffrent types of truck, where the only armament was a guy with an Mg3 :)

I supose the HMMWV might have been picked as a light transport option. In real life it was the Eagle I and later the Eagle IV
( The Spejdervogn). But they do look and fuction alike. So it is a fair compromise, to use HMMWVs instead of the ekstra work, in making the Spejdervogn into a transport.

Keep up the hard work :)

Return to “Modding”