Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.31; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support. Turkey replaces Denmark.

rer1rer1
Private First-Class

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.22; Now with a Discord link

Postby rer1rer1 » Wed 20 Sep 2017 15:16

The thing is I cannot change language of the game. I am only asking for copying unit names from us localization to pl localization, so I could see proper names of units in English while I am using Polish version of the game (since I cannot change it).

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 20 Sep 2017 15:46

I know what you're asking.

It's not a small task.

You could do it yourself if you wanted. Download the mod tools, open the ZZ_win file that's in the mod folder
Open pc\localizations\US\Localizations\Unites.dic
Open pc\localizations\POL\Localizations\Unites.dic

Position the tables side by side and copy-paste every entry that's not a big block of text from the US list to the POL list.

rer1rer1
Private First-Class

Postby rer1rer1 » Wed 20 Sep 2017 16:31

I have downloaded modding suit. I thought You could simple rename us version to pl. Unfortunately as You said its not a small task and it seems You cannot switch them places and have to rename every single unit letter after letter. I will try doing that later.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Sat 23 Sep 2017 00:02

v 2.23 going up

I've altered the HE resistance of Armor values 1, 2 and 3 down from 0.75, 0.5 and 0.3 to 0.8, 0.55 and 0.4. The focus of this change is to make A-10 and Su-25 Aircraft slightly less tanky, but it will also make light armor more vulnerable to bombers.

At the same time, I've nudged the HE of several long range SAMs to the 13-15 level to deal with armored aircraft.

Japanese Tan-Sam cost buffed

Canadian Gripen cost buffed

ANZAC Tiger helocopter cost buffed to bring it in line with similar helocopters

ANZAC Supacat transport optics reduced from exceptional to good

S-KOR K21 vehicle availability at rookie reduced

French Eryx recon troops given correct transport options, they should now appear for deck building.

K-74 missile given its correct [F&F] trait

Meteor missile speed buffed a little more

MiG-29 NK should now evac when it fires all its missiles

Multiple Special forces infantry have had their costs buffed, mostly down from 35 to 30 in the case of several that hadn't been adjusted since the last round of infantry buffs.

Cost buffs all over the place for medium range arty and SAM units. There are probably a few I missed, let me know if you spot any over-costed arty compared to the new changes and I'll try and bring them into line for the next patch.

FIST support weapons have had their HE values and ammo counts boosted

Vision range on blufor ATGM planes adjusted so they'll use the range of the missile correctly.

K9 arty TOT mode should have a fire animation now

China, Japan and N-Kor have been made more cost efficient in several areas, with China getting cheaper tanks (with their lower than standard HP, they were somewhat over costed before) and NK getting some big buffs to its tank costs.

T-15 autocannon getting range against helos

US marines given the SMAW

Stinger missiles on Gepard A2 improved

Stinger missiles on the US avenger buffed to block II missiles

North-Korea has had several weapon improvements to boost its ability to counter super-heavy tanks; Kornet missiles on the BRDM-2 reco, the Su-100 FSV has been upgraded to a 2M82 anti-tank gun and the ATS-103 has been given the D-22 and Kornet missiles, making it a much better tank killer. The Songun-915 has also had a gun improvement. NK Light inf have been upgraded to the Fagot-M missile and the Anti-tank team now has the Korent.

UK cheiftain tank cost buffed to 65pts

USSR Black eagle, T-80U and T-80UM costs buffed

rer1rer1
Private First-Class

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.23; Now with a Discord link

Postby rer1rer1 » Sun 24 Sep 2017 20:01

Hi,
I have translated this mod (v 2.22) to Polish. Maybe consider adding this into Your mod so that everybody can access it easily. Here is the link:
https://www.easypaste.org/file/n1mr9ZPz/ZZ.Win.dat?lang=pl

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.23; Now with a Discord link

Postby Spectre_nz » Mon 25 Sep 2017 14:28

v2.24 is going up.

Polish language support now included thanks to the effort of rer1rer1.
Any of the other languages can be copy-pasted over, someone just has to do the work. Right now I'm focusing on balance adjustment, not the ZZ_win file. Also, any time I change unit names, all the different language localizations would need to be updated, which is part of the reason I've been holding off doing this.

NK T-90 tank availability reduced
General NK tank availability nerf (don't worry, they still get a lot of tanks)
NK B-5 Bomber avail increased
NK Mig 29 missile count reduced to 4
2 new IL-102 bombers added for NK. (I would have preferred to add Su-25 bombers, but, they all lack the required bomb animations)
NK elite and shock infantry costs buffed

US M1A2, M1A1 Tusk, M1A1 FEP, M1A1[HC] and M1A1[HA] Frontal armored buffed
US M1A2 SEP HP buffed to 30
US Patriot HE damage increased from 12 to 13, this should allow it to knock down Su-25's in 3 hits, not 4.
US Avenger missile count increased from 4 back to 8
Ger Gerpard missile count decreased from 16 back to 8

Chi FN-6 missile team cost increased
Chi QW-3 Missile team cost reduced

The Polish transport truck was added as a transport option to a wider range of polish troops
Polish PT-91Z armor buffed
Polish PT-16 Armor buffed

Reload times on several bombers increased

UK Tornado bomber cost nerfed from 70pts to 110pts, bomb dispersion pattern widened.
UK Stormer vehicle cost reduced

ROF and aim time on the L23A1, cockerel mk 8 and RUAG 120mm guns buffed

Cz and NK Su-25's given 15HP like they should have had all along

v2.24.5 edit:
NK IL-102B will now evac correctly
Tornado bomber bomb dispersion reduced a little

rer1rer1
Private First-Class

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.24; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support

Postby rer1rer1 » Mon 25 Sep 2017 21:08

I have some legit ideas for some Polish units.

First is an upgrade to the common ZSU-23-4. In 2000 Poland modernized it to ZSU-23-4MP "Biała" variant by adding Grom missiles and replacing radar (I guess it doesnt matter in Ash and Shadows) with digital passive aiming with night and day sight. Vehicle also gained access to newer sub-caliber longer range ammo, mobility increase and more.

Second idea would be upgrading missiles of Grom MANPADS from Grom to Piorun also called Grom-M. Basically they have better resistance to jamming and from what I have read thats all.

source:
https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=14
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZSU-23-4MP_Bia%C5%82a
https://www.armyrecognition.com/polish_missile_vehicles_systems_weapons_poland_uk/piorun_grom-m_manpads_man-portable_air-defense_systems_short-range_missile_technical_data_sheet_pictures_video_12612165.html
also more information on Polish sites

Another unit I find missing is AMS Krab 155mm howitzer. It have AS90 gun and uses (after some technical difficulties) K9 Thunder suspension so they both suit perfectly for a model. The difference between Dana and Krab would be (except for better stats obviously) ability to use that 3 round burst and faster aiming. Speaking of which - maybe it is possible to show aim time for every artillery because its a vital thing. If not maybe adding some marks (similarly to [Heavy] infantry) like [Advanced] to the newest artillerys with the best aim time would help.

Obviously there are more interesting units like Fire support vehicle Anders with 120mm gun (later abandoned for PL-01):
https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=600 but I guess the ones above are simplest to add (correct me if I am wrong) and make more impact on gameplay than others.

Other thing I find may be better is Iskander model. Currently it uses Smerch model while I think P-500 Bazalt or Redut (with Moskit missile) from original Red Dragon would suit much better.

At last I have question about ECM and size. I understand that its only a visual thing and ECM stacks with a hidden unit size, so a small unit with 20% ECM gets a 25% chance to dodge shot, right?

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.25; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support

Postby Spectre_nz » Tue 26 Sep 2017 05:49

v2.25 is going up. Just a few small tweaks.

'Very good' infantry optics standardized across several infantry choices. Recon power reduced somewhat.

Amphip trait removed from armory display of K21

UK SBS cost reduced to 22pts
UK green jacket cost reduced

low end Maverick missile ranges in creased to be similar with other maverick missiles

Khrizantema missile salvo reload increased to 3 seconds

Spetznaz GRU Kord ammo reduced from 5000 (!) to 800
Moskya kord ammo reduced
Motostrelki kord ammo reduced

US Marine Raiders IAR 27 HE damage buffed from 0.5 to 1 HE
US 101st Airborne given M4 Carbines

Fr Commando Marines given MG-36

GRUMEC cost reduced
MARCOS cost reduced
Maglans cost reduced

First is an upgrade to the common ZSU-23-4. In 2000 Poland modernized it to ZSU-23-4MP "Biała" variant by adding Grom missiles and replacing radar (I guess it doesnt matter in Ash and Shadows) with digital passive aiming with night and day sight. Vehicle also gained access to newer sub-caliber longer range ammo, mobility increase and more.

Second idea would be upgrading missiles of Grom MANPADS from Grom to Piorun also called Grom-M. Basically they have better resistance to jamming and from what I have read thats all.

The Sopel sits in a very similar role as the Biala. I considered, but instead just upgraded the Sopel.
Grom II's are already in the game. I wasn't sure exactly what to call the upgraded versions, but, I can rename them to Grom-M

The Krab was in the v1.x version of A&S. I'll add it back in eventually.

ECM probably stacks with size modifiers. I haven't tested it to be sure however.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.25; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support

Postby Spectre_nz » Tue 3 Oct 2017 07:32

Gigantic pile 'o changes today

v2.26.5 is up

I've added in Turkey, replacing Denmark. Denmark has been rolled into Sweden to create the Orsund Union. This also changes a couple of coalitions, so we've got Berbalik, Turkey+Sweden replacing Landjut, and Gotterdammerung, Ger+Swe+Nor replacing Scandinavia.

In addition to that:

Japan national deck availability increased to 65
Polish national deck availability increased to 65
Czech national deck availability increased to 65
Yugoslav national deck availability increased to 65
UNASAR national deck availability increased to 65

All F-18F superhornets have had their ECM increased to 60%
JASO range reduced, payload increased to 2 missiles
JDAM drop pattern adjusted
Vehicle mortars costed down by about 10 points

Chinese mortar infantry cost increased
Polish Skot vehicles recosted
Tumak 5 veh availability reduced
BUK and BUK M1 avail increased by 1
Norwegian M270 given its correct 12 round salvo
Polish Grad cost reduced
HIMARS added for UK
Lance SRBM added for UK
Abhay IFV cost reduced
Sarath IFV cost reduced
Indian Gorkhas get a better range of transports
Mig-21 Bison cost reduced
HAL Rudra and Druv cost reduced
Indian Stinger MANPADS cost adjusted
Indian tanks re-costed
CV-90-105 Reco cost increased
T-55 Vidjac reco tank fixed
Amphibious trait on several erroneous vehicles removed
Vickers mk 7 cost reduced
UK Challanger 2 CLIP and 2E tank costs increased
Reduced availability of PzH 2000 and MARS
Egyptian heavy tanks removed from Airborn and moto decks, added to Armored decks
Viggen ground attack aircraft given Kongsberg JSM missiles
Norwegian F-16 Royskatt availability reducd
ANZAC F-18G Growler availability reduced

Van-Doos added for Canada, replacing Canadian rifles, which in turn are replaced by Rifles '85 being renamed
Canadian Wolverine moved to the Veh tab, given improved RBS 70 missiles
TH-495 transport given wider availability
F-35A ASF added for Canada
CF/A-18 superhornet bomber added for Canada
Paveway armed CF/A-18F added for Canada

F-35A Dingo ASF added for ANZAC
F-35A JASO added for ANZAC
F/A-18F Ph.2 armed with JDAMs added for ANZAC
ANZAC Flame thrower infantry renamed 'Aggro-Jacko', Given a GC3
Hauraki Regiment AT weapon replaced with a MANPADS
Bushranger attack helo turned into a transport option
ASLAV TOW-2 Turned into a transport option

rer1rer1
Private First-Class

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.26.5; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support. Turkey replaces Denmark.

Postby rer1rer1 » Tue 3 Oct 2017 20:46

Thanks for Your constant updates.
I have polished ;) the translation in ZZ_Win.dat for 2.26.5 by translating some missed things and unifying names with original Red Dragon:
https://www.easypaste.org/file/QKhUIbDF/ZZ.Win.dat?lang=pl

Also I noticed that S350E Vityaz have no rockets visually on it.