Possible to change Infantry training?

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

Possible to change Infantry training?

Postby jts3579 » Wed 9 Dec 2015 11:27

I've been looking an can't find it myself and I've also been skimming the forum and can't find it.

Also Infantry weapon models, its time Delta got their CAR-15...

Vladimirova
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Possible to change Infantry training?

Postby Vladimirova » Wed 9 Dec 2015 17:05

You're looking for MaxDeployableAmount, I believe

we can't do much of anything with models unfortunately, the only units with swappable weapon models are planes
The Notorious, Narcissistic Pink

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 9 Dec 2015 17:48

You mean Militia, regular, shock, elite?

I wish I had the file in front of me, can't remember if I'm getting the names right, but;

In with all the modules for a unit, the one at the top, along the lines of 'Unit descriptor', inside that module there's a term for 'training' that comes with a localization hash.

There's a hash for each level, militia, regular, shock and elite. I just copy them from units I know with the training type I want.

There's an issue with this in that I have no idea if I'm just changing the label that appears on the unit card, or if it actually adds/removes all those hidden bonuses associated with elite units.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Wed 9 Dec 2015 18:21

Spectre_nz wrote:You mean Militia, regular, shock, elite?

I wish I had the file in front of me, can't remember if I'm getting the names right, but;

In with all the modules for a unit, the one at the top, along the lines of 'Unit descriptor', inside that module there's a term for 'training' that comes with a localization hash.

Typeunit I believe off the top of my head..

There's a hash for each level, militia, regular, shock and elite. I just copy them from units I know with the training type I want.

There's an issue with this in that I have no idea if I'm just changing the label that appears on the unit card, or if it actually adds/removes all those hidden bonuses associated with elite units.

Nope just the unit card.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

Postby jts3579 » Wed 9 Dec 2015 23:42

Narcissistic Black wrote:
Spectre_nz wrote:You mean Militia, regular, shock, elite?

Typeunit I believe off the top of my head..

Nope just the unit card.

Well, crap. I was going to make Rangers in the Recon tab into Special forces and rename them to "CIA SOG"

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 10 Dec 2015 00:51

The Training text is found in TUnite>Modules>TypeUnit>Default>Training. The hashes correspond in interface_ingame IIRC. However, changing this text does nothing to the unit itself. To change the unit card's background, you will have to edit the picture manually. However, if all you wan is the background to change, it is very simple, especially since MadMat gave us the plain backgrounds.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

Postby jts3579 » Thu 10 Dec 2015 01:20

The W:AB Noob wrote:The Training text is found in TUnite>Modules>TypeUnit>Default>Training. The hashes correspond in interface_ingame IIRC. However, changing this text does nothing to the unit itself. To change the unit card's background, you will have to edit the picture manually. However, if all you wan is the background to change, it is very simple, especially since MadMat gave us the plain backgrounds.

That might have to do because I really wanted CIA SOG to be another Special ops recon squad, they are hand picked from the best. But if there is no way to actually change their training(unit performance, not unit card wise) than I can't.

Vladimirova
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vladimirova » Thu 10 Dec 2015 01:25

You could move it up in the availability level, so that it's available as elite
The Notorious, Narcissistic Pink

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

Postby jts3579 » Thu 10 Dec 2015 01:32

Vladimirova wrote:You could move it up in the availability level, so that it's available as elite

Might try that, and why'd you disappear in the ingame chat Pink? I Didn't finish teh story about how i almost got the SMAW team to have a dragon

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 10 Dec 2015 01:38

jts3579 wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:The Training text is found in TUnite>Modules>TypeUnit>Default>Training. The hashes correspond in interface_ingame IIRC. However, changing this text does nothing to the unit itself. To change the unit card's background, you will have to edit the picture manually. However, if all you wan is the background to change, it is very simple, especially since MadMat gave us the plain backgrounds.

That might have to do because I really wanted CIA SOG to be another Special ops recon squad, they are hand picked from the best. But if there is no way to actually change their training(unit performance, not unit card wise) than I can't.

You know training doesn't change anything, right? It only sets the basis of availability.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Return to “Modding”