Request: RD Data Export

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Re: Request: RD Data Export

Postby Hob_Gadling » Fri 25 Dec 2015 16:29

Might as well post this here.

http://hobmod.com/units.zip

That's the cleaned version of the unit table posted earlier. It contains all the data in unit entries. Note that it might be from an old version so the data isn't necessarily valid anymore. My Wargame mod stuff folder is over 30GB and several hundred thousand files, it's easy to get lost.

To get weapons, fuel, armor and other necessary stuff you'd need to link stuff from other tables. The process to find fuel amounts goes something like this:

Split Modules entry in the above table into individual cells. Select column with stuff like Map: Fuel : 83 : 11656 (False) and set it aside.

Dump the TModuleSelector table into CSV. Select all rows that reference TFuelModuleDescriptor.

Dump TFuelModuleDescriptor into CSV.

Match TUniteAuSolDescriptor module into ID from TModuleSelector and match that module into ID from TFuelModuleSelector. Copy all the wanted values back into the main table.

The matching stuff can be done in Excel, all you need is the CSV dumps. Weapons are about six levels deep so that's a bit of work.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 25 Dec 2015 16:46

Again, talk to Pyro, I'm pretty sure he did something very close to this, even looking into references.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Sat 26 Dec 2015 04:45

Because I have too much free time and not enough goddamn sense:

http://hobmod.com/Unitdb_v3.zip

Added some new fields:

MaxDeployableAmount, MaxPacks, Nationalite (red or blue)

Kinda there but may need work to figure it out:

Type: related to unit icons currently, you had some other idea apparently
Armor: there's a couple special types that are resistant to small arms, those are marked as special 2-4. I also didn't sanity check the values so they might be flat wrong. :)
Names: the smart play would be to pick out the translations instead of what I did now. Good enough for now I suppose.

Still missing:

command, optics, speed, roadspeed, stealth and weapons.

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Sat 26 Dec 2015 16:36

Most of it is done, still missing infantry, helicopter and aircraft weapons. Other than that, it's looking good.

Do note that weapons are a bit tricky since one weapon has several "weapon" entries due to how the engine handles things. This is apparent especially in ships where one row reads like this:

100 gun 100 gun P-15 Termit P-15 Termit Dual Type 66 Dual Type 66 Dual Type 61 Dual Type 61 Dual Type 61 Dual Type 61 Dual Type 61 Dual Type 61

Optics are also a bit of a mess, because the game has a lot of values for something that is shown as "good" in armory. I took a reasonable guess at how things might be handled, but the values might be slightly odd.

foxdie
Sergeant

Postby foxdie » Sat 26 Dec 2015 16:49

Thank you, and I did get your pm, its just the wife has banned me from using the computer - some nonsense about spending time with the kids over xmas. But thankfully back to work on the 29th so I'll take a proper look then. Cheers!

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Sat 26 Dec 2015 17:26

Well, now that you mention it, it's a good idea and I should probably do the same.

See you in a couple!

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Sat 26 Dec 2015 18:35

It's done, weapons and all.

Return to “Modding”