Sandbox XML Version 1.5.2

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Sandbox XML Version 1.5.2

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 29 Dec 2015 18:23

I have recently moved Sandbox to use PowerCrystal's tool, and have now decided to release it. Think of this like Sanbox's source code.

So what can this be used for?
1. Combine Sandbox with your or another mod.
2. Adjust Sandbox to your liking.
3. Apply Sandbox to the newest patch if I'm too slow.

The download includes 13 .xml files, each that does a single change of Sandbox. It is therefore easy to edit which changes you want to apply and which you do not.
Spoiler : List of .xml files :
10Vs10Unlock.xml: Unlocks Gjoll and Asgard for player-created lobbies.
config.xml: Required, does not count as one of the 13.
DefaultActivationPoints.xml: Changes all decks to have at least 900 activation points.
IncreaseIncome.xml: Very High income is +800%
JtsAi.xml: AI changes jts3569 made for All Out War. I got his permission to release.
MapPoints.xml: All maps including 10 vs 10's have more starting point choices.
MunaLCUSpeed.xml: Muna and LCU have more speed (312000 to be exact).
NoDeckBonus.xml: No Activation Point bonus for any Nationality, Date, or Specialization deck.
NoPrototype.xmls: All units are non-prototyped.
SpawnTime.xml: Every unit except planes have a spawn time of 1 instead of 10 for ground/sea units and 5 for helicopters.
SupplySpeedAirport.xml: Planes reload instantly.
SupplySpeedGround.xml: Ground units reload instantly.
TimeOptions.xml: Many more time options for a map from 5 minutes to 2 hours.
UnitAvailibility.xml: Every unit has 9999 for each veterancy and 9 deck cards.

I put some instruction and permissions in the readme, and modders can probably figure out everything in the .xml. I recommend Sublime 2 for editing .xml files.

If you have any questions, which I expect a lot of, feel free to ask below!

Download (Wargame Red Dragon): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywlIc ... sp=sharing
(Wargame Airland Battle): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywlIc ... sp=sharing
Last edited by The W:AB Noob on Sun 28 Aug 2016 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Darkmil
Brigadier

Re: Sandbox XML Version 1.5.2

Postby Darkmil » Fri 1 Jan 2016 14:00

Great !

MGUY10
Private

Postby MGUY10 » Fri 19 Feb 2016 01:05

The W:AB Noob wrote:I have recently moved Sandbox to use PowerCrystal's tool, and have now decided to release it. Think of this like Sanbox's source code.

So what can this be used for?
1. Combine Sandbox with your or another mod.
2. Adjust Sandbox to your liking.
3. Apply Sandbox to the newest patch if I'm too slow.

The download includes 13 .xml files, each that does a single change of Sandbox. It is therefore easy to edit which changes you want to apply and which you do not.
Spoiler : List of .xml files :
10Vs10Unlock.xml: Unlocks Gjoll and Asgard for player-created lobbies.
config.xml: Required, does not count as one of the 13.
DefaultActivationPoints.xml: Changes all decks to have at least 900 activation points.
IncreaseIncome.xml: Very High income is +800%
JtsAi.xml: AI changes jts3569 made for All Out War. I got his permission to release.
MapPoints.xml: All maps including 10 vs 10's have more starting point choices.
MunaLCUSpeed.xml: Muna and LCU have more speed (312000 to be exact).
NoDeckBonus.xml: No Activation Point bonus for any Nationality, Date, or Specialization deck.
NoPrototype.xmls: All units are non-prototyped.
SpawnTime.xml: Every unit except planes have a spawn time of 1 instead of 10 for ground/sea units and 5 for helicopters.
SupplySpeedAirport.xml: Planes reload instantly.
SupplySpeedGround.xml: Ground units reload instantly.
TimeOptions.xml: Many more time options for a map from 5 minutes to 2 hours.
UnitAvailibility.xml: Every unit has 9999 for each veterancy and 9 deck cards.

I put some instruction and permissions in the readme, and modders can probably figure out everything in the .xml. I recommend Sublime 2 for editing .xml files.

If you have any questions, which I expect a lot of, feel free to ask below!

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywlIc ... sp=sharing

Thank you so much. Forgive me, however I am a bit confused with the instructions. Which NDF.win do I want to edit? There are many of them in the wargame PC folder.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 19 Feb 2016 02:21

It depends on the patch, but it will usually be one of the last numbered folders. As of right now, the one you want is in the folder that starts with 51. This might change in the next patch though.

Airbornewolf
Private First-Class

Postby Airbornewolf » Wed 16 Mar 2016 01:30

hey Noob, is there a way to reset the logistical mechanism's to their default?. like the FOB has its original resupply range and resupply rate of units?.

i got ground/helicopter units to resupply taking their original time using your xml files. but they still require 1 supply to complete an full rearming and refuel weird enough.

it eliminates the need to maintain supply lines as an entire battle can be waged out the back of one supply unit, is this reversible in some way by editing any of the xml files?. i was hoping to avoid to delete all of my mod-files by letting steam check file integrity as i will lose a lot of custom textures too.

thanks for any tips and comments on this in advance ;).

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 16 Mar 2016 14:02

Yes, somebody is actually using this!

I would recommend taking an unmodded NDF_Win.dat or one that doesn't already have Sandbox on it and applying the XML patcher on top of that. But make sure to delete SupplySpeedGround from the list in the .bat.

SupplySpeedGround also controls how many supply points are used. As I said in a comment in the .xml, I multiplied all the values by 1000. So a unit will take 1000th of the supply points and time to rearm/refuel/repair.

I might come up with another .xml for you to set the FOB range back to the original.

Airbornewolf
Private First-Class

Postby Airbornewolf » Thu 17 Mar 2016 02:01

lol!. yes!, a miracle has happened!. some people try to get stuff working themselves when not delivered on an .exe installer platter! :P. well you also created that one, but honestly my experience with modding is textures primarily of other games. but this seemed pretty straight-forward and ive been admiring your modding handiwork for a while i decided to give it a go ;).

i tought by creating the NDF_win_patched.dat was enough to replace the original "NDF_win.dat" but im propably mistaken because the patcher does not run its cycle. also the NDF_win_patched.dat does not show its files are updated. for example creation date is of today but "last modified" is still way back to date to the date of the latest patch.

check out this process how it runs on my windows 7 64-bit system, also,should it write and look for its files in System32?. also it crashes on starting up the patcher program. no matter if i grant it admin rights or not. i tried to troubleshoot it but contrary to the report i got microsoft network enabled on my system. i require it for other modding stuff.

The screenshots are in reverse, the error one is the last one.
Attachments
bas1.jpg
bas1.jpg (642.55 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
Project1.jpg
Project1.jpg (623.9 KiB) Viewed 4673 times

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 17 Mar 2016 04:52

Airbornewolf wrote:lol!. yes!, a miracle has happened!. some people try to get stuff working themselves when not delivered on an .exe installer platter! :P.
You'd be surprised how many times that's not the case. ;)

I thought the main problem is that you don't have Microsoft .NET 4.5 installed. The whole patching program did not run at all, because the .exe needs the .NET to operate.

Also, the batch files is set to use these settings (open it in Notepad to view/change):

Code: Select all

SET WGTargetFolder=%cd%\Files
SET WGStartFile=NDF_Win
SET WGFinalFile=NDF_Win-patched
SET ModPatcherFolder=%cd%\Patcher

The first line sets the folder in which to search for the WGStartFile and where to put the WGFinalFile when it is done. %cd% means the current location of the .bat itself. So the folder it uses is the current folder, and a folder called "Files" inside that.
The second line is the name of the file that you want the program to edit. (By edit, it makes a copy and edits and renames that, so the original copy is left intact.)
The third line is what the finished product should be named.
The fourth one is where the .bat should look for the actual folder.

This last line is probably what you are confused about. The batch file was made by Pyro to make it easier to use the actual .XML patcher tool called WGPatcher made by powercrystals. So it is the WGPatcher.exe that does all the work. And in your case, the .exe cannot run because you don't have .NET 4.5 installed.

Maybe I'm overexplaining here. Basically, download Microsoft .NET (Microsoft just upgraded to 4.6) here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=49981

Airbornewolf
Private First-Class

Postby Airbornewolf » Fri 18 Mar 2016 01:22

no worries you explained just fine. and i know, i worked a few months ago giving the entire Imperial gaurd in Warhammer 40K:SS an urban camo re-skin and insignia's for all units and buildings in campaign mode. add to that time spend on trail-and-error to get it working properly and safely in-game and somehow (a few) people think you are God himself and think you can perform miracles with modding in pretty much zero-time and do not realize how much time it takes building a mod or how a single patch can screw up everything and the time it takes to find what has been changed in its files that resulted in the mod not working anymore. :P.

Speaking of witch, my compliments for keeping your Sandbox mod always up to date.

anyway, back to the topic. even after updating .Net framework with your link it keeps failing in the same fashion as before. in its error description it keeps pointing to shim errors in the .exe about how the program can not determine the .Net version on my computer no matter if i run the .bat as admin. but i honestly think there is just something wrong in my own software. FYI my rig is an 2011 build that had dozens of updates on its OS over the course of years so...yes the obvious error or corruption somewhere in my system is likely.

im getting a new fresh high-end gaming rig in a month or two and ill throw myself at it then. as i surely do want to experience W:RD on max settings and give modding this one a new try with a fresh system. ill keep trying but im not going to mess too much with my software as the good ol' days of my rig are a thing of the past. again, i believe your files and tutorial are just fine. its my system where i believe the issue is.

this game is one of my favourite's with (appearantly) over 500+ hours played according to steam. #NoSocialLife. so yeah you can be sure i'll be back to try again ;). and if i get it working somewhere ill let you know as well.

josefschnitzelbauer
Private

Postby josefschnitzelbauer » Sat 19 Mar 2016 16:32

Hey, everything worked just fine for me (Really awesome work!)
However I'm somehow missing the setting for getting all the deckslots enabled, like it is in the installer version, so you can have 9 different units in each category (Tanks, Infranty, Planes and so on), did I missed something here?